v21.1 Need help - Adding new Animation Sheet

This thread pertains to v21.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

Awesommer

Rookie
Hello guys

I am trying to make a custom animation fro my custom move

For this I have made what I believed was a new Animation Sheet

My process of doing this was the following:
  • I copied one of the existing animation sheets into photoshop to make sure the dimensions was valid (specifically I copied Rock Tomb.png)
  • I then added my "art" on top of the rocks in the sheets such that my animation would centered correctly
  • Lastly I removed the Rock Tomb layer, and then saved my project as "Cult Shaker.png" (the name of my move)

In the animation editior I can see the sheet when going through the "set animation sheet" - However, the image is empty

What am I missing?

I have attached my file in case there is something obvious about it that makes it invalid, as well as an image of the empty animation sheet
AnimationEditorCultshakerBug.PNG
Cult Shaker.png

Platypus Gamer

Game Designer
Double check that your custom art is on the topmost layer and that there are no hidden or locked layers in the move. The layers should be visible and properly arranged. If that's not the issue, then my best guess is that Pokemon Essentials still recognizes Rock Tomb as a move. You might be better off as to create a whole new move with its own properties and use your sprite for that.

Hope this helps!

Awesommer

Rookie
Double check that your custom art is on the topmost layer and that there are no hidden or locked layers in the move. The layers should be visible and properly arranged. If that's not the issue, then my best guess is that Pokemon Essentials still recognizes Rock Tomb as a move. You might be better off as to create a whole new move with its own properties and use your sprite for that.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the suggestions
However when opening the editor today it just worked and I didn't change anything
Not sure what happened, but I appreciate the support :)

Willøw

Mew and Slither Wing Fan
Well, can't it be because you spelled the name wrong? I mean, no name in Essentials can have space between them, everything needs to be together or separated by " _ ". Since in the editor the name of your move has a space instead of a character. In this case, it should look something like "cult_shaker.png" in the editor