Completed Pokémon Gaia Version

Spherical Ice

Novice
It's been a while, hasn't it? Here are some screenshots of some of the post-game events that I have been working on.

First up, the region has had a small makeover! There were some geographical parts that didn't make sense (especially the way the Cable Car connected), and now the region flows much better. One side-effect is that Telmurk Swamp and the Battle Marsh got updates! Take a look:

After you defeat the Elite Four, and return home to Celanto Town, Professor Redwood pays you a visit. He gives you the Valor Ticket, which lets you board the S.S. Celebrity from Atsail City to Katosurf Island! What interesting characters will be onboard?

And, once you get to Katosurf Island, you can explore the Katosurf Lock! This highly guarded structure is critical to the region's safety -- so important, in fact, that all the Guards fight exclusively in Double Battles!

Not to be that guy, but I finally got the Dawn Stone in "Cosmic Caverns" and it won't let me evolve my Kirlia. It doesn't say "no use" it says "it won't have any effect" once I click use on Kirlia.
Also, on Precimos Island, there is a glitch with the final burglar guard guarding the final door where if I talk to him again I can repeatedly battle him as much as I want. This didn't really bother me, but it could be used for grinding.
Love the game though, I actually want to catch them all. V.S. Seeker was a good installment.

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason the Dawn Stone doesn't work just in Cosmic Cave, my bad...

Last edited:

Spherical Ice

Novice
Not to be that guy, but I finally got the Dawn Stone in "Cosmic Caverns" and it won't let me evolve my Kirlia. It doesn't say "no use" it says "it won't have any effect" once I click use on Kirlia.
Also, on Precimos Island, there is a glitch with the final burglar guard guarding the final door where if I talk to him again I can repeatedly battle him as much as I want. This didn't really bother me, but it could be used for grinding.
Love the game though, I actually want to catch them all. V.S. Seeker was a good installment.

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason the Dawn Stone doesn't work just in Cosmic Cave, my bad...
Just to confirm, are you playing v3.2? There was a bug with Kirlia's evolution to Gallade in previous versions, but it shouldn't be an issue in v3.2. You can check the version on the title screen.

The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed a new route to the east of Loamas Town in my previous post's screenshot of the new Town Map. This map is Loamas Pasture, a route with several ponds that makes it perfect for growing crops. The people of Loamas Town celebrate the abundant harvests they get, and have prayed at the Loamas Shrine of Abundance for generations.

A fun fact from the development of Loamas Pasture is that the layout of the map is actually reused! Due to the slight adjustments to the geography of the region, Telmurk Swamp and the Battle Marsh were remapped, as shown in the previous update. However, I felt it would be a shame to let the old Telmurk Swamp go to waste. Loamas Pasture therefore reuses its layout! There are changes here and there, but in general the layout it's pretty similar. Waste not want not!

Somewhat connected, the video below shows one of the several legendary events planned for the v4 postgame update!

After the player defeats the Pokémon League for the first time, they will be able to meet Gym Leader Richter in the Celanto Library. Hunt down Tornadus and Thundurus as they roam the region, and discover the secrets behind the Loamas Shrine!

And that's not all!

I've made a fork of Dabomstew's Universal Pokémon Randomizer which is compatible with Pokémon Gaia v3.2.

You can download the Randomizer here: https://github.com/sphericalice/universal-pokemon-randomizer/releases/ or http://www.sphericalice.com/romhacking/hacks/gaia/universal-pokemon-randomizer-gaia.zip

The source code is available here: https://github.com/sphericalice/universal-pokemon-randomizer

Last edited: