Demo Pokémon Gaia Version

lilbluedemon

Lord of Shadows
Woah!
This hack has come a long way.
Last time I saw this it only had a few gyms in a demo. (ended in a snow town iirc)

But, now you're at the League?! This is awesome!
Is there going to be post-league stuff?

PKat01

Soulful Poet
I'm looking forward to playing through the demo. I love the whole premise and how many features there are.

Woah!
This hack has come a long way.
Last time I saw this it only had a few gyms in a demo. (ended in a snow town iirc)

But, now you're at the League?! This is awesome!
Is there going to be post-league stuff?
Thank you! There will be a postgame, but it will not be in v3.
How many new Pokemons and Fakemons are there in gaia rom? Does anyone have information?
There are not any Fakemon, but Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos all appear.
I'm looking forward to playing through the demo. I love the whole premise and how many features there are.
Thank you!

v3.0 will be released on October 14th! It will go up to the credits, so will include all 8 Badges, the Pokémon League challenge and Champion fight, as well as the main story's conclusion.

Pokémon Gaia - Beta 3.0 Release

Screenshots

Locations and Info [SPOILERS!]

Downloads

• Gaia Beta v3.1
    Release date: 16th October, 2018
    Mirror Download: http://sphericalice.com/romhacking/hacks/gaia/pokemon_gaia_v3.1.zip
    Notes: v3.1 is a bugfix update for v3.0 (changelog). Saves from v3.0 ARE compatible with v3.1. However, as with v3.0, saves from versions v2.5 or before of Gaia are NOT compatible with v3.1. This beta ends after the credits roll in the Pokémon League, with all eight Gym battles, the full main story, and the Elite Four and Champion battles. Please read the included README.txt file for important information, or visit the Discord server in my signature. On top of the purely new content added to this release, a lot of content has also been added in between Gyms, as well as lots of bugfixes from Beta v2.5, balancing, and in general the hack has a greater degree of polish. Saves from previous versions are NOT compatible with this version. There is no postgame in this release; there is a v4 planned which will tie up the loose ends of the story, as well as feature two new islands-worth of content, and more items, Pokémon and legendary encounters.
    Previous versions: v3.0: [dropbox] [mirror]
    v3.0 Release date: 14th October, 2018

Last edited:

Arma

A Martian Hyena
Oh man, It´s been a good while since I last played the beta, which was up to Telmurk city iirc. Even back then, I already considered Gaia the absolute best fan-game I've ever played. And though I haven't been keeping up, I really look forward to play the latest version!

Thanks for the kind reception!

Pokémon Gaia - Beta 3.1 Bugfix Release

Note: make sure that it says v3.1 in the corner of the titlescreen. If not, redownload first.

Changelog

• Fix certain save files not being able to challenge members of the Elite Four
    • N.B. Save files which were locked in a certain Elite Four member's chamber due to this bug will need to re-battle any of the other Elite Four members they may have defeated already​
  • Fix Sliggoo's evolution method, which causes a freeze when leveling up in the rain prior to reaching Level 50
  • Fix Kirlia's evolution method, which causes it to evolve into Gallade when leveling up with a enough Friendship, irrespective of gender
  • Fix the Escape Rope and Town Map thinking Archan Tunnel is entered via Windmist City when transported there with Herschel to translate the Tablet
  • Fix Eviolite also behaving like a Focus Sash
  • Fix the momentary unlocked state when using another Repel, which allows the player to encounter wild Pokémon, or take an extra step
  • Fix Mamoswine's inconsistent Level-Up rate, which causes Piloswine to gain extra levels upon evolution
  • Change the NPC in Archan Town's dialog, which incorrectly claims there are wild Nidoran to be found in Archan Hills
  • Fix the incorrect test script leftover placed on a statue in the Atsail Gym
  • Fix the Common Egg at the Edashore Nursery, which previously could not roll Minun as a potential Pokémon
  • Fix the typo in Bug Catcher Hank's dialog ("here" -> "hear")
  • Change the move set of Burglar Adrian's Malamar so it does not steal held items of the player (e.g. Lucky Egg)
  • Fix a hidden item in Edashore Reach which cannot be picked up due to altitude inconsistencies
  • Fix the movement permission of an impassible tile in Edashore Town
  • Fix some tile errors in Precimos Strait
  • Fix some tile errors in the Loamas Fields and Loamas Town barn maps
  • Fix Prof. Redwood's house having its door on the wrong side
  • Fix Pa's shed having its door on the wrong side
  • Fix Stance Change changing the nature of its user when changing forms
  • Give Mega Gyarados an Ability, Pressure
  • Fix Exploud's compatibility with HM03, Surf
  • Fix Manectric's compatibility with TM35, Flamethrower
  • Fix Clawitzer's compatibility with HM08, Dive
  • Fix Drilbur's compatibility with HM06, Rock Smash
  • Fix Excadrill's compatibility with HM06, Rock Smash
  • Fix Terra's glitched north-facing Bicycle over world sprite
  • Fix Arceus-Fairy's bugged front sprite
  • Swap the direction Marsh Boss Shinoya's sprite is facing
  • Fix the following Pokémon's bugged icon sprites:
    • Rufflet
    • Gigalith
    • Phantump​
  • Reposition the following Pokémon's back sprites:
    • Horsea
    • Hoopa
    • Volcanion​
  • [STORY SPOILER] Fix Rayquaza not disappearing after its battle, which can cause a freeze if the player talks to it

Downloads

Last edited: