1. ZachBudd

ZachBudd Thread Author Rookie member

Help Help with Choose your Pokemon Events

Discussion in 'Pokémon Essentials' started by ZachBudd, Oct 5, 2017.

I have an issue with my game and I need some help. I am using RPG Maker XP. I have two events that are not working the way I want them to. The first one is my "Chose your pokemon" Event. My professor "Scrivener".

Whenever you chose the first pokemon, which is on the left, IT runs the script fully like I want it to. Scrivener Says his lines, and then it runs the event the pokeball has. But whenever you chose the other two, it runs the scripts backwards. IT runs the pokeball script THEN the professor script. I have gone through and I cannot figure it out.

Next is your rival "may" or "Michelle".

After you chose your pokemon, the switch "MichelleOutside" is applied. then the event after michelle is outside, she asks you about the pokemon, then is suppose to run inside to go get one. But instead, she runs up, pauses, and the game freezes.

I have both of these events to end with the self switch =A

Help would be much appreciated! :)

HEre is the link to the pictures.. I was having trouble posting them here: https://imgur.com/a/kSaQl

2. TechSkylander1518

TechSkylander1518 Wiki Dweeb member

It's a little hard to see which event is which for the starter event-do you think you could put captions on some of the pictures?

For the Michelle event, what does your second page look like? If it's not set to parallel process, the game won't let the player move because it thinks the event still needs their attention.

Also, I don't know if this is the problem you're having with your images, but to paste an image directly into a post, copy the image URL instead of the image itself. Relic will convert it to an image automatically.

3. ZachBudd

Sure, I can put the captions for each. for some reason, the forum would not put the image in the forum, just the "IMG" marking.

I haven't learned the real definition of parallel process vs. Autorun, So I appreciate it. I have a small jist of it but not the full understanding.

4. Sparta

Sparta Someone who does something. member

Parallel Process means that the even will run even when other events are running. It runs along side them, IE parallel.

Autorun means that the event will start automatically when triggered, whether by entering the map or through a switch, etc. And it will keep automatically running unless something tells it not to, such as a switch to turn it off or a self-switch.

5. ZachBudd

Here are the updated pictures. I have also turned Michelle into parallel process but that doesn't help (Not shown in pictures)
    [​IMG]https://qwackerstheduck.imgur.com/all/

6. TechSkylander1518

It looks like you have another event by the door of a house on your town map-is that event set to autorun? It might be what's keeping the player from moving.

I don't know for sure that this is your problem, but the way you've organized switches is a bit weird. I'm pretty sure RPG Maker will look at the switches alphabetically-if Switch A and Switch B are both on, it'll go to the page for Switch A first. The order should be like this:
    • First page, turn on Switch A
    • Switch A page, turn on Switch B, turn off Switch A (so Switch A's page won't be performed again)
    • Switch B

7. ZachBudd

are you talking about the pokeball events?

8. TechSkylander1518

9. ZachBudd

I did rearrange , and it did not change anything.

10. ZachBudd

Any more help?

11. Mr. Gela

Mr. Gela Wahee! kied

Please post screenshots of all of the events' pages. Its hard to tell what's wrong otherwise.

12. ZachBudd

I have , they are right here : https://qwackerstheduck.imgur.com/all/
    :)

13. ZachBudd

bump. Hello? :3