1. chardub

chardub Thread Author Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev member

Demo Pokémon Infinite Fusion: 8 GYMS, 22801 Pokémon

Discussion in 'Progressing Projects' started by chardub, Sep 22, 2017.

You made a custom sprite for this game and you want to share it with the community?
    Upload it here!
    Join our Discord!
    We have a subreddit! Check it out /r/PokemonInfiniteFusion!

Pokemon Infinite Fusion

Version 3.0 is now available! Scroll down to download it!
    [​IMG]
    What's new in 3.0?
    • Story up to the 8th gym
    • Unfusing Pokémon
    • HM items
    • Over 250 custom sprites made by the community
    • New UI
    • Speed up button (Ctrl key)
    • Wondertrade
    • Randomized mode
    • Several revamped areas
      And a lot more. Got to the Changelog section for the full changelog!
    This is a game based on the pokemon.alexonsager.net Pokemon fusion generator.
    This game re-introduces the DNA Splicers from Black and White 2... Except this time, you can use it on EVERY Pokémon!
    Use them to combine any two Pokémon together into a completely new Pokémon, putting the total number of individual Pokemon available in the game to 22 801!
    Features
    • Pokemon Fusion: Every Pokémon can be fused with any other Pokémon to create an entirely new species by using DNA Splicers!
    • Full Gen 5 style graphics: Revisit the Kanto region in the style of the 5th generation!
    • 22 801 Pokémon: All with unique sprites, movesets, stats and everything else that a regular Pokemon would have.
    • New areas: Find loads of previously unseen areas in the Kanto region
    • Trainer House: Take part in the trainer house challenge in Viridian City to battle against trainers with teams of completely random Pokémon to earn Trainer Points that you can spend on great prizes! (Not in current demo yet)
    • Nicknaming Pokémon directly from the menu
    • Fairy type
    • Sidequests
    • Wild double battles
    • Faster Day/Night system
    And a lot more!

Download
    Instructions
    Choose one of the two versions. Download it and extract it to play the game. Choose on of the "Updating from a previous version" links if you don't want to redownload the 90k+ sprites.​
    Red and Blue versions are exactly the same except that in Blue version, all trainers have reversed fusions. It is suggested to choose Red version if you're playing from an earlier version of the game.​

3.1 Full download:
    Red version
    Blue version
    Updating from an earlier version
    Red version
    Blue version
    The first thing to do after updating your game to 3.0 is to go to the top floor of a Pokémon Center and talk to the Update Man.

IMPORTANT: If you want to continue playing from an earlier Save file, you have to edit the Game.ini file and change the 4th line to
    Title=InfiniteFusion

Also, if you are updating from an earlier version, you might get stuck if you last saved in a map that no longer exists. These maps depend on which version you're updating from.
    To be safe, I suggest you save inside of a Pokémon Center before updating and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Changelog
    The demo ends after the 8th gym. Don't be surprised, the file is a lot larger than other Essentials games. There are lots of files in there, most of them sprites. The game folder is a little over 1gb when extracted so don't be surprised if It takes a while to extract everything.
    If you see any bugs in the demo (even small ones) or if you have any comments, suggestions about things you'd like to change, or if you just want to share your team, don't hesitate to post it in this thread!​

FAQ

Progress
    Story

New areas in Kanto

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    Older screenshots
    Credits
    Again, I'm absolutely open to ideas on features, how certain mechanics should be done, etc.
    Feedback is always much appreciated of course.

~~Will edit as I progress~~

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    CloonieKing and Fontbane like this.
  2. CloonieKing

CloonieKing Fearing the beetle cloonieking

So cool to see this game nearly come to and end! 8 gyms man, that's a lot! Very excited to get around to playing this, good job man.

It's also very cool that you are accepting custom sprites so some of the spliced mons look cleaner.

SmokedPaprika likes this.
  3. Rhyden

Rhyden Shuckle Kheen raiden

I've always loved the idea of a game that's just Pokémon fusions and I'm really glad to see a project like this come as far as it has. Really hoping you can find more people to help you out with the custom sprites since there's a whole lot more that can be done with fusions than simple face swaps and palette swaps.

I don't think I've seen a project with Gen 5 assets come this far before either so props to you for making as much progress as you have.
    Also, as a side note, I have an arrangement of Pallet Town's theme I never used before so if you'd like to see about using it feel free to send me a DM.

4. chardub

Thank you!
    I would love to hear your arrangement! I sent you a DM.

5. LeonDraceus

LeonDraceus Pokemon Master League Game Director member

:o oh wow, it's been a while since I last played Infinite Fusion, the first Demo I guess. Only Elite Four left now, I'll wait for the final release then~ Great work!

6. buzz_kill

buzz_kill Rookie member

I'm really glad to see that this is still being worked on, and so close to completion. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into it.

7. Angry Gamer

Angry Gamer Rookie member

Hey for some stupid reason, some 4th and 5th gen abilties, like magic guard are not availible after fusion, could you look into that? Would be greatful and love your guys work!

8. Chopper182

Chopper182 Rookie member

Can anyone tell me why i cannot use strength outside of battle in pokemon infinite fusion? I have the rainbow badge and after i beat erika she told me pokemon up to lvl 50 will obay, and that i can use strength outside of battle. However, everytime i try to it says a new badge is required..help

9. chardub

You can only use Strength once you obtain the fifth badge. It is possible that there was a mistake in Erika's dialogue however.

10. Zoroark550

Zoroark550 Rookie member

Is this game completed or still being worked on, and also how many generations of Pokemon are in this game?

11. chardub

It's still being worked on. There are currently 8 gyms in the game, but the Elite 4 isn't accessible yet.
    The official 3.1 release which you can download here only has gen 1 Pokémon, but you can beta test version 4.0 which has gen 2 as well as a few Pokemon from gen 3 and 4, new sprites for all Pokémon and some other new features.
    You can find the dowload link for the beta 4.0 version in our Discord channel.