Database for Move, Ability, and Item Ideas

zarexraze

Novice
I have finally gone through and added a whole bunch of Dark-type move ideas to the spreadsheet!

Interesting enough, this was actually one of the more difficult types for me, since the Dark-type is one of the most subjective things in the game, hence why most of my submissions are based on Dark-type Pokemon.
I'll probably go back in another day to completely flesh out the other details, but the basics are in there for now.

One more thing, is that the tab for suggested changes to official moves has also been tweaked. I highly encourage others to post about anything that they feel needs to be retuned, whether it's one move in particular or a major mechanic that accessed through a move, such as Trick Room or weather.

Last edited:

Arma

A Martian Hyena
Oh man, this is a wonderful idea! I've had tons and tons of ideas, but never got around to implementing them. I'll be sure to share them here later on as time permits. Heck I might even try and implement a few of those!

Streetie

Novice
I've thought up a move for Grass types you may want to include!

Wither
Status move, 10 PP, 0 BP, target self. The Pokémon loses its grass typing and raises its Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed stat.

This would be a way for grass types to cope with the many weaknesses they have while trading off their STAB for it. In my game, it'll be most useful for Sunflora, which will be able to regain it's Grass typing once when it gets sunny(the full ability is still a secret ;)), so it can use it twice while it's out.

Dark

Rookie
i wonder if its okay to post ideas about status conditions (like in burned, frozen, paralyzed etc) here too

i may as well before i forget it:

Status condition: Rustled
typically a status condition that has a chance of occuring when hit by a grass type move - it decreases special attack of the inflicted pokemon by half
(grass type moves (and mons) tend to be relatively bad - some sort of buff really is necessary imo ;p - and vine wip and solar beam are really boring to use anyways)

imo the whole status condition thing needs a big overhaul anyways (like having multiple layers of burn possible...burn 1 would decrease attack by 20% burn 2 by 35% and burn 3 by 50%...but moves like will o wisp would hit with 100% accuracy then to warrant the nerf etc)...similarly with paralyzation
...and ontop of that id like to see pokemon being effectable by multiple status conditions...but i guess thats for another thread

Here's a move that I probably wouldn't put into my own game, but it's something that I once thought of as a way to "troll" competitive battling. So in fangames, this would probably mostly affect any Battle Tower or similar area of the game.

Hidden Potential
Type: Haven't settled on Normal, Psychic, or variable like Hidden Power; Special might be a better fit than Physical.
PP: 5
Accuracy: 100
Power: Variable
"The target's individual strengths are used against it."

The base power is equal to the target's IV total, times two-thirds, with a minimum of 60 (similar to the move Punishment). So against a Pokémon with 6 IVs of 31, the move's base power would be (6 * 31) * (2/3) or 124.

If anyone is looking for more inspiration in making new moves, here is a video about 101 moves that Poketuber Substitute came up with
At the end of the video, he said you are able to use them in any way you wish

Ruler

Dreamer
Woah that's a lot of dark and bug moves. Mind if I mix it up a bit? (Wow though, you guys are really good at this!)

Neurotoxin (Special)
Type: Poison
PP: 15
Accuracy: 95
Power: 60
"The user fires a mind-addling toxin at the target. This may also confuse the target."

Electron Hammer (Special)
Type: Electric
PP: 10
Accuracy: 90
Power: 110
"The target is slammed with a heavily compressed blast of electricity, possibly paralyzing it in the process."

Flash Freeze (Special)
Type: Ice
PP: 5
Accuracy: 85
Power: 40
"The target is instantly frozen in place to do damage. This attack may freeze half the of the time."

Myriad Spikes (Physical)
Type: Steel
Accuracy: 100
Power: 80
"Giant steel spikes are shot in every direction by the user. Targets hit by them may flinch."

Gold Crusade (Physical)
Type: Steel
Accuracy: 95
Power: 70
"Shining with righteous light, the user launches itself at the target. This attack is super-effective on Ghost-types."

(I've got a bunch more if you want me to post 'em by the way.)