v20.1 Unqueueing 1 buffer (none processed)

This thread pertains to v20.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

Aioros

Rookie
Yesterday I noticed this error was occurring:
cancererror.png

At one point I noticed it was related to audio because there was a small sound break when this happened.
It won't crash the game by itself but I've tested just letting it run and after a while the sound completely stops and not long after that the game freezes.
I've updated all drivers since then and it changed nothing.
I've tested it on a clean copy of essentials and it still occurred as well.
The only mention of this on google is https://reliccastle.com/threads/5029/ which didn't have an answer.
At first I thought it was related to bgm loop, while I was sleeping I left the game on a map with an unlooped bgm, it run for over 9 hours and didn't crash or showed the error, but later I got the error with the same unlooped bgm.
The error itself is pretty much impossible to replicate on demand, sometimes it occurs after a couple minutes, sometimes takes 30 minutes, if anything it seems to me it occurred less frequently with the unlooped bgm and I couldn't cause the crash with the unlooped bgm so idk what to think of it.
One thing that seems to fasten the error process is opening a stream on discord and watch it for a while for some reason.
I've found this:
In line 3689 seems to be the line responsible for the error message, I couldn't find any mention on PE of this, I can't (rather don't know how to) access and edit this or how to debug it, I take it for some reason that "nb" is a negative number and it occurs somewhat randomly, but I can't even find another mention of alSourceUnqueueBuffers so who knows what's even calling this function (assuming it is one...)

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Yesterday I noticed this error was occurring:
View attachment 14751
At one point I noticed it was related to audio because there was a small sound break when this happened.
It won't crash the game by itself but I've tested just letting it run and after a while the sound completely stops and not long after that the game freezes.
I've updated all drivers since then and it changed nothing.
I've tested it on a clean copy of essentials and it still occurred as well.
The only mention of this on google is https://reliccastle.com/threads/5029/ which didn't have an answer.
At first I thought it was related to bgm loop, while I was sleeping I left the game on a map with an unlooped bgm, it run for over 9 hours and didn't crash or showed the error, but later I got the error with the same unlooped bgm.
The error itself is pretty much impossible to replicate on demand, sometimes it occurs after a couple minutes, sometimes takes 30 minutes, if anything it seems to me it occurred less frequently with the unlooped bgm and I couldn't cause the crash with the unlooped bgm so idk what to think of it.
One thing that seems to fasten the error process is opening a stream on discord and watch it for a while for some reason.
I've found this:
In line 3689 seems to be the line responsible for the error message, I couldn't find any mention on PE of this, I can't (rather don't know how to) access and edit this or how to debug it, I take it for some reason that "nb" is a negative number and it occurs somewhat randomly, but I can't even find another mention of alSourceUnqueueBuffers so who knows what's even calling this function (assuming it is one...)

I don't know if it helps, but I've had a similar issue (without the detailed error log in the console because it happened too before I used MKXP) and part of it seemed to be related to audio either loading from connected maps (at the same time), or, transitioning between a lot of maps messing up the audio. Perhaps you can replicate it if you 1) switch between maps with different tracks 2) use looping music 3) both

Aioros

Rookie
I have made some progress in replicating this issue. It seems to be connected to discord streams and completely unrelated to looping or non looped bgm or even to the audio files itself.
I have noticed that once this error shows up a crash is guaranteed within 30~40 minutes (even if it only occurs once, 30-40 min is the extreme, sometimes it crashes much faster) unless I swap BGM (by walking into a different map for example). So whatever is causing this, it is hard reset when the bgm is swapped and will no longer crash unless there's this error in the new bgm.
I've done some tests like leaving the game open while I'm sleeping and it didn't crash but the game was running without anything else, when I have the game open and enter a discord stream, within a couple of minutes the error will occur, also I cannot say the error is uniquely caused by discord streams but yesterday I wasn't able to trigger it without entering one.

I've looked a bit into openal github and found the part that gives off this error, then I saw in mkxp-z github where that function is called and there was a fishy part saying something along the lines of "if something is wrong try later", I think the error may be there but I don't know how to edit mkxp-z code, nor how to fix it... HOWEVER if it's indeed caused solely by discord streams I'm kinda more relaxed about it since it's avoidable... also I don't know if anyone else ever experienced this... if it's just me then it's almost guaranteed to be hardware-related. (My laptop is 5~6 years old but I did update drivers to try to fix this).