[v13+] Unreal Time System

Resource [v13+] Unreal Time System 1.1.1

-FL-

Trainer
-FL- submitted a new resource:

Unreal Time System - Time passes like Minecraft and Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

gif.gif

This script makes the time in game uses its own clock that only pass when you are in game instead of using real time (like Minecraft and Zelda: Ocarina of Time).

Link

Tested on Essentials v13, v17.2, v18.1, v19.1 and v20. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please...

Read more about this resource...

TheDizzy1

Novice
I’m starting work on my game again, and I absolutely love this and can’t wait to start it back up again. As I’m thinking of scenery, is it possible to set time of day events while using this amazing resource?

I’m starting work on my game again, and I absolutely love this and can’t wait to start it back up again. As I’m thinking of scenery, is it possible to set time of day events while using this amazing resource?
FL's got some instructions for this at the top of the Script.rb file -
# 2. 'UnrealTime.add_seconds(seconds)' and 'UnrealTime.add_days(days)' does the
# same thing, in fact, EXTRA_SECONDS/EXTRA_DAYS call these methods.
#
# 3. 'UnrealTime.advance_to(16,17,18)' advance the time to a fixed time of day,
# 16:17:18 on this example.

corvo00

Rookie
Dosn't work in 20.1? I installed the script above main and dosn't work.

Sorry for my english

I get this when I open the game
I'm not getting this error when I try it. Have you removed anything from the script? That error message is pointing to line 170, but the script doesn't reference pbGraphicsUpdate until line 271. And you're getting this error message because PokeBattle_Scene isn't a thing in v20, so there's no pbGraphicsUpdate to alias, but FL definitely accounted for that with the line PokeBattle_Scene = Battle::Scene if !defined?(PokeBattle_Scene).

corvo00

Rookie
I'm not getting this error when I try it. Have you removed anything from the script? That error message is pointing to line 170, but the script doesn't reference pbGraphicsUpdate until line 271. And you're getting this error message because PokeBattle_Scene isn't a thing in v20, so there's no pbGraphicsUpdate to alias, but FL definitely accounted for that with the line PokeBattle_Scene = Battle::Scene if !defined?(PokeBattle_Scene).
Ups! I had deleted a line unintentionally, what a fool... Thank you for responding and sorry for the inconvenience.

Westrah

Novice
Is there a way to make this script work with Apricorns so that they respawn after "24 hours" of this scripts time?

-FL-

Trainer
Is there a way to make this script work with Apricorns so that they respawn after "24 hours" of this scripts time?
An Apricorn system who works without this scripts should work with this script automatically.

Taiga

Rookie
I kind of struggle to set the date to a specific time. I put in
Ruby:
pbGetTimeNow.year(2028)
pbGetTimeNow.mon(8)
pbGetTimeNow.day(1)
pbGetTimeNow.hour(8)
but it just gives me an error message.

I kind of struggle to set the date to a specific time. I put in
Ruby:
pbGetTimeNow.year(2028)
pbGetTimeNow.mon(8)
pbGetTimeNow.day(1)
pbGetTimeNow.hour(8)
but it just gives me an error message.
"An error message" could be anything, you need to share the full thing. But I'm guessing that the error is coming from the fact that pbGetTimeNow is supposed to return the current time, not set it. You should be using these commands -

1671623979234.png

SirWeibrot

Novice
Hi, I just noticed that a caught Pokemon shows its date received based on Time.local, rather than the actual date it was received. Is there a way to change/fix this?

-FL-

Trainer
Hi, I just noticed that a caught Pokemon shows its date received based on Time.local, rather than the actual date it was received. Is there a way to change/fix this?
The default Essentials use 'pbGetTimeNow' for pokémon caught date (search for 'pbGetTimeNow' on class Pokemon, should be a '@timeReceived = pbGetTimeNow.to_i'), so this may be some external script changing it.

If you want to change others 'Time.now' to use Unreal Time (or vice-versa):
Script said:
# If you wish to some parts still use real time like the Trainer Card start time
# and Pokémon Trainer Memo, just change 'pbGetTimeNow' to 'Time.now' in their
# scripts.
Do the reverse for the opposite effect if you want.