Failed to Load _ Data

Omegas

Novice
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Posts
40
Before I begin, I'll go ahead and knock out some potential questions. I did save my work before I closed RPG Maker. I do have a back up and I did download Vanilla Essentials to replace data files if needed. With that out of the way, here is my problem.

Earlier today, I was trying to load my Pokémon Essentials project. When I did, RPG Maker said it failed to load the class data. Luckily, I had a backup handy. After swapping the files, it gave me the same exact error. I was starting to worry. With no other option, I re-downloaded Vanilla Essentials in hope of salvaging the project. After downloading v16, a curious side of me wondered what would happen if I ran it on RPG Maker. I tried opening it, only for it to return with "Failed to load actor data". Keep in mind that I had just downloaded that today. I hadn't even put in the v16.2 files yet. Is this a problem with RPG Maker or the files? If anyone can provide help, I would be very thankful.

UPDATE: Since the file not loading on Vanilla Essentials is different from the one I need, I'm going to try and replace the one I need. If all else fails, I'm going to try and re-download RPG Maker. Hope this works...
No good, It still failed to load either way. If anybody has any suggestions, please post here as soon as you can.
 
Last edited:

Omegas

Novice
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Posts
40
(Sorry for double posting, I really want to see this be solved in case someone else hits the same roadblock.)

Seeing as how my last attempts to fix this problem failed. I decided to see if the game itself could run. Lo and behold, the game started up perfectly. No errors, no slowdown. There was no sign of any problems. However, trying to run it in RPG Maker yields the error. Last time the data corrupted, I couldn't even play the game. This leads me to believe that this is a problem with my RPG Maker than the data itself. If anybody has any idea what to do, please respond.

UPDATE: Uh... this is odd. I went to see if I could load my game in the editor, and it loaded up without error. It seemed to have corrected itself. I'm not going to mark this thread as solved just in case someone comes up with a faster solution.
 
Last edited:

Jephed

Trainer
Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Posts
98
This has happened to me some time in the past as well. I'm afraid I don't have a good sollution for your problem, but I have "a" sollution.

The only thing I can recommend is the following:

- Make another back-up of your last game folder that is clean (without errors) just in case you need it.
- Copy the graphics, audio and pbs folders from your (bugged) folder into your back-up (if necessary)
- I advise not updating your data folder, because it's a safe bet that the problem lies in there.
- If you've made any adjustments in your script editor you'll need to manually copy those over into your back-up game.
(do keep in mind that this problem may also be caused by big mistakes in your script editor.) I advise saving and testing your game between every two or three script adjustments you've copied over.
- Playtest your game often to see if an error comes up.

This is a very obnoxious way of doing it, but it was my only sollution and after half an hour+ (depending on how much you need to manually copy over) at least your project will run again.

If you have trouble with these steps feel free to send a DM.
 
Top