1. Hey Guest, from June 30th to August 10th 2017, participants have a little over a month to create a game. Check out the forum for more details!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Wafflecakes

Wafflecakes Thread Author Rookie member

Pokemon Quiz - Are you a noob or a pro?

Discussion in 'Entertainment Discussion' started by Wafflecakes, Aug 11, 2017.

[​IMG]

Hi all!

I would like to present to you the Pokemon Quiz, a website where you can test your general knowledge on the game, see how many of the 151 original first generation Pokemon you can name, and find out which Pokemon you are! You can challenge your friends and try to make it into the top 100 leaderboard!

Click any of the images below to start a quiz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All quizzes can also be found at www.pokemonquiz.net. Share your scores below and let's see who can get the best scores!

Wafflecakes

2. PIKMANZ

PIKMANZ My lack of an avatar is scary. member

I did the quizzes 'cuz why not?
    Apparently, I'm a Ditto. Neat. I got 101 of 151 'mons in the 151 quiz (I needed spell check so I guess I cheated) and the last quiz didn't load. (for me at least)

3. Kaleidophoenix

Kaleidophoenix Novice member

I am a Pidgey. A bit of a downgrade from a phoenix, but oh well. I didn't take the 151 quiz, because I can already recite every single Pokémon aloud in less than twenty minutes, in near perfect Pokédex order. Typing that takes about 35-40 minutes, and doing Gen 1 takes me about 6-7 minutes. And the last quiz didn't load for me either. (Though I suspect that I'd get a near perfect score.)

4. Taquilla

Taquilla Sandwich Master member

I did the test and was told that I was Ho-oh...

What has the world become...

Dragonite likes this.
  5. Marin

Marin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) member

I'm a Raikou, apparently. I got 150/151 because I spelled "Elektrode" rather than "Electrode". I couldn't do the first one. Wouldn't load.

6. Hematite

Hematite Definitely the Most Plot-Relevant Isorrioid member

I'm told I'm a Uxie (wonder how many of the possibilities are Legendaries? seems like a lot of us are getting them!), and I managed 149/151 in under five minutes (it took me 4:50, to be exact).

I definitely suspect that Nidoran were the two I missed, because I wasn't sure if it wanted the gender symbols. I couldn't produce the actual symbols, but did those of you who got them right include F or M? I just didn't include either because none of the games use those letters. OTL

Overall, that quiz was also a LOT easier than I expected it would be... I didn't think it would actually show you the Pokémon and just need you to name it, haha.

That aside, the general quiz also didn't work for me. That's pretty unfortunate because I was the most interested in it, haha. Since you posted it, does that mean you were able to do it? What sort of questions were there? O:

7. Dragonite

Dragonite The cake is a lie, so give it to me member

[​IMG]

Very disappointed in myself \:

[​IMG]

The "who are you" quiz sucks.

Also the "general" one didn't load for me for some reason.

8. Tomix9tomix

Tomix9tomix Just a casual dude member

I apparently I'm a doduo... Also not going to attempt the naming the pokemon quiz because how bad my spelling is...

9. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong mulberry ambush member

Entering "nidoran f" and "nidoran m" worked for me, yeah.

151/151 and mewtwo, and the first quiz didn't load for me, either. Clicking the "Start quiz" button does nothing.

I'm getting the impression that you created/helped create this website, @Wafflecakes@Wafflecakes. Is that true? If not, whoops, ignore this! If you are running it, though, are you open to a few suggestions? It might be nice if the personality test actually had some text explaining which personality traits are associated with each pokémon result. Like, yeah, cool, I'm mewtwo, but what does that mean? Am I powerful? Am I cold-hearted and constantly angry? What does it mean to be a ho-oh or a doduo? Generally personality tests like these are more interesting if you can actually compare your own personality to the result the test gave you and see whether it's accurate or not, or show your results to your friends and see if they agree with what it says about you, and so on. Just the picture is kind of meaningless by itself! Presumably you had some personality traits in mind when you associated pokémon with certain scores/score ranges during the coding process, so just throwing those in there next to the image would raise the interest level quite a bit!

This looks like it could be a fun set of quizzes with a bit of work (and with the first quiz, y'know, actually loading), maybe with room to expand to more in the future--naming pokémon from other gens, or an option to do it without the pictures and just name as many as you can as fast as you can, or maybe matching ID numbers to pokémon in a random order, quizzes about specific games... lots of potential, and something to check back on in the future to see how it's grown. If you just found this and are sharing it, nice find! And if you created it, it's a good start!

Hematite likes this.
  10. Rhyden

Rhyden Musical Mouse raiden

Dragonite likes this.
  11. Sparta

Sparta Someone who does something. member

Well, I took the tests (or two, rather - the General Pokemon Quiz didn't work for me), and the results are in: I'm a nerd.

Name All 151 Results:

I got 143 right in 11:49. The eight I missed were because of spelling. Flippin' spelling. Jigglypugg anyone?

[​IMG]

What Pokemon Are You Results:

Well... that's kinda disappointing.

[​IMG]

I was going for Magikarp.

SmokedPaprika and Rhyden like this.
  12. Greninjauzumaki

Greninjauzumaki Pokepro member

I am a Caterpie.
    What!!!!!!