Creative Pixel Art Lounge

its L

Artsy Shitposter

This is a test of the tiles i'm working on, just to see how they would pan out when/if mapped.

I do know the mountain ground tiles are different colors, it's to specify where you can find pokemon, any suggestions on a transition?

edit: Also if it looks like a hill and its grass than you can walk up it normally

its L

Artsy Shitposter
That's a really neat color scheme you've got there!

Maybe something like the edge of a mud puddle could work as a transition?
I DIDNT THINK THAT MUD COULD BE WHERE POKEMON ARE I LOVE THAT IDEA

I like it, id just want to make sure there was a faint splash effect and a murky reflection I also made the water bluer

Last edited:

nspectr

Rookie
The meowstic looks really good, the colors kinda remind me of shiny regular meowstic. The dress thingy thats made out of scales looks beautiful. The only thing I can think of to improve is the size of the tiara because its hard to see, but you dont need to.

its L

Artsy Shitposter
I think you need to redo the orientation of your shading. Your sprite looks very flat at points and very bubbly at points. Your Color scheme is very bright as well. Maybe tone down the saturation a tad. Also, you have no outlines, which can be a love/hate sort of thing but the overall build of the sprite looks great.

Mew2

Team Pichu Founder
So this is my Pikaflame or Flamepika, its my first time spriting and I ceated a Firetype Pikachu!

Taq

Sandwich Master

Some test stuff to try and get back into actual pixel art.
Daaaaarn that's nice!

I assume the object on the bottom right is a badge or Keystone?

Anyways, interesting mons despite I'm curious of the difference between the top two and what the mon on the bottom left is. I'm curious on their names, types, and inspiration. But anyways! I think you definitely are having a great start to going back to spriting.

Clifford

Mr. Sandman
Daaaaarn that's nice!

I assume the object on the bottom right is a badge or Keystone?

Anyways, interesting mons despite I'm curious of the difference between the top two and what the mon on the bottom left is. I'm curious on their names, types, and inspiration. But anyways! I think you definitely are having a great start to going back to spriting.
Ah, thanks! Unfortunately, they're not actual fakemon, just some stuff I scribbled up on the spot to work with.

As for the difference between the first two, I'm not exactly sure what the term for it would be, but

It's just this, and some lighting on the fin of the left one.

DogzNDogz113

Novice
This is Deliby, a baby form of Delibird (I kinda messed up the head's rotation, but, oh well... :P)

Wiispeed03

Novice
I've recently been working on reformatting and improving some 5th gen styled 7th gen overworld sprites. I've never actually worked with pixel art before and I usually stray away from it, but I decided to work on these. I've finished two so far, Guzma and the female (although it could also work as a male) Aether Foundation employee.

The original 5th gen sprite for the Aether Employee and for ya boi Guzma.
Feedback would be appreciated! Also you are free to use these for any projects if you wish. (Just remember to credit the original designers if you do.)

Last edited:

Marina

Trainer
I've recently been working on reformatting and improving some 5th gen styled 7th gen overworld sprites. I've never actually worked with pixel art before and I usually stray away from it, but I decided to work on these. I've finished two so far, Guzma and the female (although it could also work as a male) Aether Foundation employee.

The original 5th gen sprite for the Aether Employee and for ya boi Guzma.
Feedback would be appreciated! Also you are free to use these for any projects if you wish. (Just remember to credit the original designers if you do.)
Darn, that's nice! I love them, great work!