Creative Pixel Art Lounge

Zach

._. hehe

Hey guys, I made this main character protagonist for my possible fan game! The hair color changes based on the typing of the starter you choose in the beginning. Feedback appreciated! Working on the female protagonist right now and will post when done.

GRMDevs

Filipino Dev
It's really good for a first attempt. The flame symbol looks really well done and I like the detail you've put into it. The writing does look a bit messy, which is probably why badges don't have writing on them in the first place. I would recommend the writing to be typed to make it look better.
Thank you!:blush: For the Writing, it'sjust there as a name, its not really included/written on the badge:yum Thanks Anyways.

Also, I made a Grass-Type Gym Badge too. Here it is:

Djaco75

MasterMind
Thank you!:blush: For the Writing, it'sjust there as a name, its not really included/written on the badge:yum Thanks Anyways.

Also, I made a Grass-Type Gym Badge too. Here it is:
This badge also looks really good, too. I love the leaf texture - it looks amazing. One thing that I noticed was the black outline on the edges. It's not exactly straight, which isn't the biggest issue, but the badge would look a lot better if the edges were straight. I also find the stalk isn't that detailed either - maybe you could add some more detail to the stalk itself.

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Hey guys, I made this main character protagonist for my possible fan game! The hair color changes based on the typing of the starter you choose in the beginning. Feedback appreciated! Working on the female protagonist right now and will post when done.
I think they turned out really nice! (I like how the hair resembles something different depending on the type-green looks like leaves, while orange looks like flames, etc. It's a cool way to bring out the type affiliation!) I'm a little puzzled, though, is the player choosing their starter before they begin to play? Or do they undergo a transformation when they get the starter?

Djaco75

MasterMind

I really like this idea and the concept of it. I feel like it is original and will further promote the bond between the protagonist and the starter Pokemon. I'm a bit curious as to who the white protagonist is (possibly Eevee?) I like the shading you've done - it looks really cool.

SirAquakip

Novice
So i made some sprites for my starters of my fan made region, Tusara (based off of Australia)

The grass one is Boydleaf, the fire one Snakoal and the water one Splashplat.
What do you think?
I'm replying to this one, because the Grass Starter is in here.

I would recommend checking out other Pokemon that have similar body types to these starters to give you an idea of how you can go about spriting them.

For a beginner, I know it's not ideal, but sometimes splicing existing sprites together can lead to some great results. It'll teach you how to fill in gaps and emulate the canon style of sprites so your sprites flow seamlessly with the canon pokemon you're using in-game.

SO I would propose checking out Charmander, Ekans and Psyduck and look at how their body types are sprited and shaded.
---
Now, from a design standpoint, I do think that they could use a few extra details. They're just a monochromatic version of their existing animal counterparts at the moment. I'd suggest thinking of what concepts you want to go with and trying to incorporate a few motifs in the designs that reflect those concepts. These motifs will help show what type the Fakemon is, as well. Rather than just relying on blue to make your Water Starter look like a water type, you could shape the tail or hair tufts into a water droplet or wave pattern.

I'll leave it at that, though, haha. I'm interested to see where you go from here!

TheLightSword

does anyone read this?
Here are some high-res OW sprites i made for my game and i would like to get some feedbacks
i originaly wanted to post them in the hi-res pixel art project but it seem that it's dead maybe cause i didn't find a thread here for it
at least i can get feedback for it here

Last edited:

Jephed

Trainer
Here are some high-res OW sprites i made for my game and i would like to get some feedbacks
i originaly wanted to post them in the hi-res pixel art project but it seem that it's dead maybe cause i didn't find a thread here for it
at least i can get feedback frim it here

Those sprites look amazing. I honestly can't find any flaws whatsoever, one thing I could suggest is to perhaps make Shinx' tail move a bit when in it's walking animation.
(it's tail is a little stiff in comparison to the rest of it's body now.)
Aside from that I think they're amazing and very final. I've seen a lot of your work, and I have to say I'm becoming more impressed by the day about your pixelart. Keep it up!

Blue

Novice
at least i can get feedback for it here

Some very beautiful angles for what I'm assuming used no references? I certainly don't see sprites like that very often. I'd be interested what kind of new take on the game you have with art like these.

nspectr

Rookie

Hey yall, These are the battle sprites for the 1st gym leader and two rivals. They're also the first sprites I've ever made! Im proud, but im no expert(especially of hands) so feedback is appreciated.

ChePixel

Fakemon Enthusiast
Heyo my diggity dawgs. I'm pretty new around here, so I thought I'd share one of my animated sprites I made around half a year ago.

His name is Urkid btw. Pretty basic but he's a good boy.
Also here's one of my more recent sprites of a Cloud Fakemon. I'm pretty happy with how saturated the colors look imo.

J&L Games

Rookie
Yeahhhh umm that's from Pokemon Sage
OK I'm Sorry I Copied Off Of Pokemon Sage I Just Didn't Want To Get embarrassed because i'm terrible at spriting so i'm making every Pokemon from my game starting now i made this fire monkey sprite to show you all how bad I am at spriting so like i said i'm sorry for copying off of Sage... so i cant get the image from my files onto this does anyone know how to?

Last edited:

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
OK I'm Sorry I Copied Off Of Pokemon Sage I Just Didn't Want To Get embarrassed because i'm terrible at spriting
Plagiarism is far more embarrassing than a bad sprite. (Besides, that wasn't even a sprite)
so i cant get the image from my files onto this does anyone know how to?
Upload the image to some sort of image hosting site, and copy the image url into your post.