Creative Fakémon Feedback

Croag

Rookie
Hi everyone I'm new here - but I am trying to get into pokemon fan game development and spriting :)

These are the designs I have so far - any feedback would be much appreciated!

Poison/dragon

Fairy/normal

Ice

Ooh, I really love those designs!

The one thing I can think to comment on now is that your seal line doesn't really feel Normal/Fairy when looking at it for the first time. (I think it's the blue-green of the snout that throws me off-it feels like it's indicating another type, like Dark or Water) That's a pretty subjective thing, though, and even if most people feel that way, that's not necessarily a bad thing. (You could even play it like a Sudowoodo sort of thing-circus seals do perform "tricks", don't they?)

The evolved lion also seems a bit off-centered in its mane? That might just be me misunderstanding the pose, though.

Croag

Rookie
Ooh, I really love those designs!

The one thing I can think to comment on now is that your seal line doesn't really feel Normal/Fairy when looking at it for the first time. (I think it's the blue-green of the snout that throws me off-it feels like it's indicating another type, like Dark or Water) That's a pretty subjective thing, though, and even if most people feel that way, that's not necessarily a bad thing. (You could even play it like a Sudowoodo sort of thing-circus seals do perform "tricks", don't they?)

The evolved lion also seems a bit off-centered in its mane? That might just be me misunderstanding the pose, though.
thank you! :) I think you are right about the typing of the seal. I'll work at maybe changing colour scheme.
The lion was supposed to be wearing a winter coat! I've updated the sprite so maybe it's more clear

I also tried my hand at animating! First time for everything lol