Creative Fakémon Feedback

AfterBurn

Nerd Patrol Delta

Here is the grass starter and its first stage.

001. Puppley
The Wolf Pup Pokemon |
Battle Howl(When this pokemon is swapped into battle if it has a type advantage it gains a bigger STAB [75%+], if its a disadvantage it gains 1.2x Speed. Both effects fade after 3 turns.)
Puppley always travel in groups with there parents and they keep them hidden. This makes them very rare and eluisive. This pokemons howl can open up tree trunks to make a den with the tree still living.
-
002. Barkling
The Wolf Adoleset Pokemon |
Battle Howl(When this pokemon is swapped into battle if it has a type advantage it gains STAB [75%+], if its a disadvantage it gains 1.2x Speed. Both effects fade after 3 turns.)
This Pokemon can run almost as fast as a Pikachu when hunting its prey. It uses its intimidating looks and sharp claws to take down its opponents. Their tails leave seeds as they walk around.

MarcStuts08

Rookie
http://npcredits.com/?page_id=795

Here's my fakedex I'm using for my region (Plus or minus a few Pokemon here and there).

Sorry the grammar and spelling are all over the place on the descriptions, I'm trying to get better at catching that.

The hardest part is spriting lol, I don't mind the Front Sprites, but doing the back sprites is so boring!

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
I’ve got like afew mons that I’d like to have reviewed as far as there art goes

these two are from the same evolutionary line based off terror birds. I’d love any feed back I can get!

So this one I still feel like it has some major issues and I can’t seem to figure out exactly what’s wrong

He’s based off this

I feel like maybe I used too much black or something but he needs smoothing out

And of course here are my starters!

Doecoa,Spinacinder, and Diabosa
oh and Cinnadon

Thoughts?
Could you share a bit more about the concepts behind your Pokemon? I think that might help shape my thoughts on them. (Like whether they communicate their types clearly, etc)

Honestly, though, I really love that second guy you shared! You took a really bizarre concept and put it in a really cool Fakemon! (And the black parts seem more turquoise to me, so I don't think coloring is that much of an issue-but then, I'm not an art expert)
Puppley looks adorable! I think both of them really convey their battle theme, too!

I think Barkling has a little bit of a proportion issue with its torso-it seems a bit small to me-but it's looking really good everywhere else!

http://npcredits.com/?page_id=795

Here's my fakedex I'm using for my region (Plus or minus a few Pokemon here and there).

Sorry the grammar and spelling are all over the place on the descriptions, I'm trying to get better at catching that.

The hardest part is spriting lol, I don't mind the Front Sprites, but doing the back sprites is so boring!
Honestly, most of your grammar seems just fine to me! (Just one small thing-the possessive of "it" is actually "its", not "it's". English is a super weird language)

You've got a lot of really fun designs here! I especially love the festivity in Dynaram!

I do think that the progression of Shrewdar to Pinegollan and of Kidnite to Flareyak seems a bit odd? Not the designs entirely, but Shrewdar going from a bipedal Pokemon to a quadruped seems a bit odd to me-I feel like it might be better for Shrewdar to be on all fours as well? And Flareyak definitely looks like it's evolves from Kidnite, but it seems a bit odd that it has so much fur all of a sudden, especially when Dynaram seems to have shorter fur. Maybe Flareyak could have a slightly smaller coat?

I think these are both more matters of personal taste, though, and not necessarily flaws!

MarcStuts08

Rookie
Flaryak is supposed to bee the "Teen" stage so it's hair (or Wool in this case) is very untidy, I tried to make the teenager aspect stick out more with it's work ethic being meh unless you bring up some music it likes. It's status as the "Smoldering" Pokémon at one point was gonna play into it, with it chewing certain herbs and heating them up to produce strange smokes, but I dropped that part.

Pinegolian is actually multi-ped (is that what it's called?), it can run on all 4 or walk on it's hind, it's tail is a counterbalance that helps in either stance. It's also partially based of a gnawed on log like what you'd see around beaver dens (hence the nose being almost pencil-like in nature).

I wish I still had all my reference sheets I sketched up for them, they have all sorts of nifty trivia (Like Dynaram's face is based on those Dragons you see in Chinese New Year parties, as well as those Lions that guard sacred places in Japan, combined with fireworks, or how Newtralyz is actually blind)

Last edited:

Magiscarf

Rookie

Good start on your starters.

Puppley has got big eyes, floppy ears, and is sitting down with his tail up like an excited puppy. Very much says "I'm a puppy" and that's great for a first-stage starter.

Barkling does well to change the impression. It's standing instead of sitting, the ears are pointed, the eyes are a bit smaller relative to the rest of the body, it's larger, and you can clearly see claws and a tooth which make it look scarier/more dangerous/older/etc.

I think you could work more on the spriting, particularly with the color choices for highlights and shading (they're very similar in some places) and the dithering (checkerboarding). Dithering isn't really needed unless you're trying to save on the number of colors you're using and it looks like you have enough colors in the palette already not to need to do this. Sometimes you don't need to shade each body part completely. Barkling's back leg for instance has some shade starting at the hip and moving down the leg. Depending on how you have your light "source" you might want to let more leg shine like this:

or add more shade to the torso like this:

kmb

dabbling in game design
Any opinions on this fakemon? It's pretty bad, I know. I had a nice concept, but I'm not much of an artist... :(. It's supposed to be a ghost type, but it's not
it's not really working.

Hematite

Elite Trainer
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

In celebration of the spookiest time of year... wait, that's what I said last time. Okay, this is gonna be a tradition, alright? You're going to know all of the Ghost Megas and none of the others by the time this game is out, and everyone is just going to think there are disproportionately many Ghost Megas. And there might be. Because Ghost-types are great. But actually you'll only think that because they're the only ones I have specific occasion to post.

ANYWAY

Here's a special new Pokémon to find in Project Harmonize...

Introducing Mega Chandelure!

When a powerful and determined Trainer uses their Key Stone, the Chandelurite allows a Chandelure to tap into the fighting spirit they share! Because it's charged with so much fuel, Mega Chandelure has a tendency to explode into an eruption of fire. It also expels shards of glass from its body, which it may manipulate to fight while waiting for its exhausted flame to light back up!

When a Pokémon with the new Ability Absolution, like Mega Chandelure, uses a move that lowers its own stats - like Chandelure's strongest attack, Overheat - it's immediately absolved of the consequences by the purity of its fire. Mega Chandelure can keep using Overheat as many times as it needs without penalty - its Special Attack will stay at the same level each time, so it's one of the strongest Mega Evolved Pokémon in Galio by far!

Mega Chandelure receives slight increases to its Special Attack and Speed (but less than the boosts from a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf) as well as bigger increases to its Defense and Special Defense.

Chandelure can also access the rare move Mind Blown, which it shares only with Blacephalon, a fellow Fire- and Ghost-type Pokémon - both are known for the weaponization and violent combustion of their own heads and their uncanny ability to replace them. This move is powerful, but not without cost - after each use of Mind Blown, the user's HP is reduced by half of its maximum, so it can't be used more than twice in most cases! Mega Chandelure will probably prefer to use the safer Overheat paired with Absolution, but the added power of Mind Blown might make it worth considering as well.

kmb

dabbling in game design
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

In celebration of the spookiest time of year... wait, that's what I said last time. Okay, this is gonna be a tradition, alright? You're going to know all of the Ghost Megas and none of the others by the time this game is out, and everyone is just going to think there are disproportionately many Ghost Megas. And there might be. Because Ghost-types are great. But actually you'll only think that because they're the only ones I have specific occasion to post.

ANYWAY

Here's a special new Pokémon to find in Project Harmonize...

Introducing Mega Chandelure!

When a powerful and determined Trainer uses their Key Stone, the Chandelurite allows a Chandelure to tap into the fighting spirit they share! Because it's charged with so much fuel, Mega Chandelure has a tendency to explode into an eruption of fire. It also expels shards of glass from its body, which it may manipulate to fight while waiting for its exhausted flame to light back up!

When a Pokémon with the new Ability Absolution, like Mega Chandelure, uses a move that lowers its own stats - like Chandelure's strongest attack, Overheat - it's immediately absolved of the consequences by the purity of its fire. Mega Chandelure can keep using Overheat as many times as it needs without penalty - its Special Attack will stay at the same level each time, so it's one of the strongest Mega Evolved Pokémon in Galio by far!

Mega Chandelure receives slight increases to its Special Attack and Speed (but less than the boosts from a Choice Specs or Choice Scarf) as well as bigger increases to its Defense and Special Defense.

Chandelure can also access the rare move Mind Blown, which it shares only with Blacephalon, a fellow Fire- and Ghost-type Pokémon - both are known for the weaponization and violent combustion of their own heads and their uncanny ability to replace them. This move is powerful, but not without cost - after each use of Mind Blown, the user's HP is reduced by half of its maximum, so it can't be used more than twice in most cases! Mega Chandelure will probably prefer to use the safer Overheat paired with Absolution, but the added power of Mind Blown might make it worth considering as well.
That is absolutely beautiful. I'm not much of an artist at all (as you can probably tell by the fakemon I posted). In addition to programming, I think I need spriting lessons. Any ideas on how to get the art down correctly? I've even tried tracing over existing Pokemon sprites. It still looks wrong.

JollyGabo

Rookie
Alright, I've been making Fakémon for a while, so I would really appreciate some feedback!

The first one is based on a lightning bug and an insect zapper, obviously Bug/Electric, and the second one is based on a character from brazilian folklore called Cuca, and could be any combination of Water, Ghost or Dragon. I went for a more limited Gen 2 color palette for them too