Creative Fakémon Feedback

AfterBurn

Nerd Patrol Delta
001. Puppley
The Wolf Pup Pokemon |
Battle Howl(When this pokemon is swapped into battle if it has a type advantage it gains STAB [1.25x], if its a disadvantage it gains 1.2x Speed.)
Puppley always travel in groups with there parents and they keep them hidden. This makes them very rare and eluisive for this reason. If these Pokemon let out a howl there pack won't be far behind.
-
002. Barkling
The Wolf Adoleset Pokemon |
Battle Howl(When this pokemon is swapped into battle if it has a type advantage it gains STAB [1.25x], if its a disadvantage it gains 1.2x Speed.)
This Pokemon can run almost as fast as Pikachu when hunting its prey. It uses its intimidating looks and sharp claws to take down its opponents.
-
003. Wulfber
The Tree Wolf Pokemon |
Ability: Battle Howl(When this pokemon is swapped into battle if it has a type advantage it gains STAB [1.25x], if its a disadvantage it gains 1.2x Speed.)
This Pokemon is known for being stealthly and fast. This Pokemon can Howl at 57dB and can leave devasting attacks with its teeth and its razor sharp leaves in its pelt.
-
004. Beavit
The Small Beaver Pokemon |
Timber (This pokemon gain 1.1x Def for KOing Pokemon with Moves like Cut, Slash, Crunch, and a special move I have yet to reaveal.)
This Pokemon lives in rivers and streams in dams made by trees they had cut down with their sharp teeth.
-
005. Gnawaxe
The Axe Beaver Pokemon |
Timber (This pokemon gain 1.1x Def for KOing Pokemon with Moves like Cut, Slash, Crunch, and a special move I have yet to reaveal.)
This Pokemon cuts down trees by slamming its teeth into trees then bitting down with the force almost equavilent of a Hippowdown.
-
006. Lumbeaver
The Lumber Jack Pokemon |
Ability: Timber (This pokemon gain 1.1x Def for KOing Pokemon with Moves like Cut, Slash, Crunch, and a special move I have yet to reaveal.)
This Pokemon uses its axe sharp teeth to take out full sized magohony trees. Its builds full houes upon larges rushing lakes and can be seen in most famous lakes.
-
007. Embat
The Fire Bat Pokemon |
Flammable (When it uses a move like Flare blitz, Flame Charge or Heat-crash; it gains 1.5x Attack for 3 turns. (This does not stack.)
This Pokemon can has better eyesight than most bats and uses its flammable wings to help see and scrare away predators.
-
008. Pyrfang
The Volcanic Bat Pokemon |
Flammable (When it uses a move like Flare blitz, Flame Charge or Heat-crash; it gains 1.5x Attack for 3 turns. (This does not stack.)
Pyrfang uses its rough flammable skin to live in live Volcanoes. Some say they have seen this pokemon dive into lava and come out wiht no burns.
-
009. Ariesron
The Psyhic Combustion Bat Pokemon |
Ability: Flammable (When it uses a move like Flare blitz, Flame Charge or Heat-crash; it gains 1.5x Attack for 3 turns. [This does not stack.])
This Pokemon can create explosive powder and blows it out and combusts it at the same time with its flammable wings. It can use its Psychic powers to help it see and even pick up large boulders.
--------------------
Spriting is still a WIP.
These are starters for a game btw.

Last edited:

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
It's hard to give much feedback with just dex entries and abilities, but they seem pretty solid so far! I really love the functions of those abilities! I've got two things I think could maybe use some tweaking, though-
  • The Beavit line looks to be your Water-type starter, but it's known for cutting down trees-it'll be kind of strange if it's weak to Grass.
  • The Embat line's ability is fun, but it kinda lags behind the others. Where Barkling and Beavit have abilities that depends on the player's actions, Embat's depends on the opponents actions-and it depends on the opponent using a move that's not very effective. This might be too complicated an idea, but what if Flammable triggered when Embat used a Fire-type move, at the cost of some HP?
(also, super minor typo-Beavit's dex entry should read "their teeth", not "there teeth")

AfterBurn

Nerd Patrol Delta
I edited the grammar mistake and gave Embat's line a new ability.

Flammable: (When it uses a move like Flare blitz, Flame Charge or Heat-crash; it gains 1.35x Attack for 3 turns. (This does not stack.)

I was also thinking about that whole beaver cutting down tree thing, I was thinking about giving him a light screen like move, that makes him not very effective to grass type moves Or giving him a different ability.

Yotes

GameDev
Here's most of my game's roster standing next to their Ultra forms. Definitely wanna tweak a bunch of them, but for now they look good enough for me to move on to another dev task and come back to them later.

What do you guys think? Gimmie your favorite of the bunch and the worst of the lot.

And for good measure, here's all the base forms:

darkmaster006

Rookie
Here's most of my game's roster standing next to their Ultra forms. Definitely wanna tweak a bunch of them, but for now they look good enough for me to move on to another dev task and come back to them later.

What do you guys think? Gimmie your favorite of the bunch and the worst of the lot.

And for good measure, here's all the base forms:

Well, I don't exactly like the pony-like features of most, that's just me, but I have to admit that all of them look very good and most importantly different. The ones I most like are, from first image, the 2 and 4 from the second row; and especially 5 and 6 from the first row. Also, from the seven row, the 5 is great. I also like that they all are differently-sized. As from 'bad' ones, I think the 9th from the 4th row looks too bland. Anyways, this probs hasn't been helpful, but just throwing my opinions out there haha.

Yotes

GameDev
Well, I don't exactly like the pony-like features of most, that's just me, but I have to admit that all of them look very good and most importantly different. The ones I most like are, from first image, the 2 and 4 from the second row; and especially 5 and 6 from the first row. Also, from the seven row, the 5 is great. I also like that they all are differently-sized. As from 'bad' ones, I think the 9th from the 4th row looks too bland. Anyways, this probs hasn't been helpful, but just throwing my opinions out there haha.
No way, that feedback is SUPER helpful! I'm trying to bring gaps here and make the game appeal to everyone, even those who aren't too keen on the pony aesthetic. The goal is to charm and delight at every turn the way Sonic Mania & Mario Odyssey do. And a key part of that is the variety of character designs that appeals to every type of player, so everyone has a favorite and nobody hates a particular one too much.

Nic

xxxthotdestroyerxxx
I haven't sprited any fakemon in a good minute, so id like some feedback on these ones i made in about mmmmmm 4 hours? Both each taking 2 hours max.
One clearly doesnt really look pokemon like, and one looks like a vivosaur from fossil fighters, thats at least my interpretation of them, but what do yall think? Good, wierd, bad?
Bergythica: Sort of like a fairy thing in an ice dragon suit, with random hat, sort of looks like a deviant art oc ngl
Depthero: ice dragon/ dinosaur looking thing, again, looks like a vivosaur,, but i kind of like it a lot more than Bergythica.
Either way, i still need more practice if i want to be... adequate.

Yotes

GameDev
Wondering which direction to go for design-wise. This creature is Vamparas. Her Ultra form is supposed to look exactly like what you DON'T want running up to you in a dark forest. (the top one is the base form, which of the bottom two should I iterate on more?)

I'm thinkin' Righty is more readable. I can put the hair thing going on with Lefty in one of the base form's attack animations.

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
I think the design on the left looks more like Vamparas, since the whole head snout/hair/ears keep the shape. The one on the right seems to do of its' own thing, but like you said it does feel more readable since there's more space between the legs and tails...after thinking about it I think I might like it as a head swap.

This is my first ever Fakemon Sprite, it's a fossil Pokemon based on Halucigenia
Dextogenia
Rock/Psychic
HP:68
Atk:50
Def:55
Speed:82
SpAtk:90
SpDef: 65
The Halucination Pokemon
This Pokemon Thrived in the ancient Ocean, when Life exploded in the Sea, it uses it's unusually Complex Brain to convince prey it's a fellow member of their Species.

Last edited:
What is a Halucigenia Dextogenia?
Well a Halucigenia is an extinct sea creature from the cambrian Explosion, it's basically a big tube, but it baffled scientists because they couldn't figure out which way it went cuz it has tentacles and legs, Dextogenia is combining Halucigenia. with a Halucinegenic Mushroom's scientific name I forgot, and it's a Psychic type cuz the name halucinogenia is like Halucgenic, so like it uses halucinations

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
Well a Halucigenia is an extinct sea creature from the cambrian Explosion, it's basically a big tube, but it baffled scientists because they couldn't figure out which way it went cuz it has tentacles and legs, Dextogenia is combining Halucigenia. with a Halucinegenic Mushroom's scientific name I forgot, and it's a Psychic type cuz the name halucinogenia is like Halucgenic, so like it uses halucinations
Oh Halucigenia is the creature and Dextogenia is the fakemon I thought it was one name! n_n;
So that's a pretty cute interpretation, but I think the sprite itself could use some work when it comes to coloring.

I was going to adjust the shading with this example but I realize that's probably not intentional, the different shades are caused by some kind of image compression right? Anyway, I'd make some changes similar to this, opening up the tops of the legs so it's clear that it has multiples on one side of its' body.

The brain looking part on the head really stands out, but I think could use some detail to make it look less flat; I'm not sure if the shading there is intentional or compression again, but the color is pretty subtle and a darker one would probably help.

Oh Halucigenia is the creature and Dextogenia is the fakemon I thought it was one name! n_n;
So that's a pretty cute interpretation, but I think the sprite itself could use some work when it comes to coloring.

I was going to adjust the shading with this example but I realize that's probably not intentional, the different shades are caused by some kind of image compression right? Anyway, I'd make some changes similar to this, opening up the tops of the legs so it's clear that it has multiples on one side of its' body.

The brain looking part on the head really stands out, but I think could use some detail to make it look less flat; I'm not sure if the shading there is intentional or compression again, but the color is pretty subtle and a darker one would probably help.
thanks the brain is supposed to be sorta part of the head, but the evolution is where it's actually supposed to be a separate part, but not in this form, and the shading wasn't compression, but wasn't intentional, I just kinda not the best at shading, especially more animal shapes, Human type sprites I can do a tad better on, but yeah the legs where the part I had the most issue with, cuz like the closest thing to it's legs are Scolipede, so not a whole lot of reference to sharp organic legs, and the colour is supposed to be subtle, it's meant as water camouflage, but seeing as how it creates halucinations guess it doesn't really need camouflage, also I made the evolution to show you that, Dextogenia evolves at level 40 btw

Halucaline
Rock/Psychic
Hp:108
Atk:90
Def:105
Sp Atk: 130
SpDef: 105
Speed: 82
The Confusion Pokemon
Halucaline seems to be developing legs for Going on land, this Pokemon confused Scientists for a long time, they couldn't figure out what were it's legs, it feeds by using Halucinations to trick Prey into Approaching.

Last edited:

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
Oh, man, Hallucigenia is one of the coolest animals and there definitely need to be more fakemon based on it! You have excellent taste, my friend.

I'm not a spriter, so I don't have any particularly useful critique in regard to things like cleaning up the shading to be more pixel-arty, but I do have a few thoughts:

-Have you considered making the lines for the brain folds a dark pink instead of black, like you did with dextogenia? It would look a little softer and more natural, while still keeping the folds nice and visible and still keeping it easy to tell what that shape is.

-I love the dex entry about scientists not knowing which limbs were halucaline's actual legs—tbh I'm actually a little disappointed that they finally think they've figured out how the real animal worked, because all the varying interpretations of which end of Hallucigenia was up were fun. Only trouble here is that halucaline is so bulky that it's kind of hard to buy the idea that it would ever walk on those skinny, squiggly little things on its back as opposed to those sturdy tree trunks at the bottom. Looking at reconstructions of the real animal, both the actual legs and the back spines were approximately the same thickness and theoretically could've supported the body either way. It might be nice if either the legs were made thinner or the back squigglies thicker and/or more numerous (if you can fit them on the sprite), so that the confusion is more apparent—and also so that it looks that much weirder! (And speaking of weird, while I like that nice, easy-on-the-eyes seafoam green on a psychic-type, it might be fun to go a little wild with colors and patterns, too, rather than just one block of solid color. It's all about hallucinations, after all, so looking super trippy to start with will only sell the concept more! Just something to consider--like I said, that green is a nice choice.)

Also, about halucaline's stats: those are... really strong, haha. I mean, it's your fake, and it should have whatever stats you like, but I just wanted to be sure that you're aware that, added together (total 620), those stats make halucaline more powerful than a good chunk of legendary and mythical pokémon (trios are usually total 580, mythicals are usually total 600). You're only a few points shy of something like kyurem or groudon there! If halucaline is supposed to be on par with mid-range legendaries then you're totally fine, but most regular pokémon have much lower stat totals than that unless they have a detrimental ability—take slaking, for example, who has the same 670 base stat total as groudon/kyogre but has to deal with not being able to attack every other turn.

If you don't want halucaline to be as strong as a legendary, you'll probably want to lop off around 100 points from what you've got currently. Dropping down to ~520 would put you in the same range as the current most powerful fossils, tyrantrum and aurorus (521). Still pretty tough, but, like, not suddenly more powerful than suicune or darkrai, haha. If you're open to suggestions, maybe take some off of its attack and speed? It definitely looks like a tank and has a big brain perfect for a psychic with high special attack, so keeping its defenses/sp. atk and lowering attack and speed probably wouldn't hurt the concept much... although maybe your idea of how it battles is different from mine, so make whatever adjustments (if any) you think fit!

Oh, man, Hallucigenia is one of the coolest animals and there definitely need to be more fakemon based on it! You have excellent taste, my friend.

I'm not a spriter, so I don't have any particularly useful critique in regard to things like cleaning up the shading to be more pixel-arty, but I do have a few thoughts:

-Have you considered making the lines for the brain folds a dark pink instead of black, like you did with dextogenia? It would look a little softer and more natural, while still keeping the folds nice and visible and still keeping it easy to tell what that shape is.

-I love the dex entry about scientists not knowing which limbs were halucaline's actual legs—tbh I'm actually a little disappointed that they finally think they've figured out how the real animal worked, because all the varying interpretations of which end of Hallucigenia was up were fun. Only trouble here is that halucaline is so bulky that it's kind of hard to buy the idea that it would ever walk on those skinny, squiggly little things on its back as opposed to those sturdy tree trunks at the bottom. Looking at reconstructions of the real animal, both the actual legs and the back spines were approximately the same thickness and theoretically could've supported the body either way. It might be nice if either the legs were made thinner or the back squigglies thicker and/or more numerous (if you can fit them on the sprite), so that the confusion is more apparent—and also so that it looks that much weirder! (And speaking of weird, while I like that nice, easy-on-the-eyes seafoam green on a psychic-type, it might be fun to go a little wild with colors and patterns, too, rather than just one block of solid color. It's all about hallucinations, after all, so looking super trippy to start with will only sell the concept more! Just something to consider--like I said, that green is a nice choice.)

Also, about halucaline's stats: those are... really strong, haha. I mean, it's your fake, and it should have whatever stats you like, but I just wanted to be sure that you're aware that, added together (total 620), those stats make halucaline more powerful than a good chunk of legendary and mythical pokémon (trios are usually total 580, mythicals are usually total 600). You're only a few points shy of something like kyurem or groudon there! If halucaline is supposed to be on par with mid-range legendaries then you're totally fine, but most regular pokémon have much lower stat totals than that unless they have a detrimental ability—take slaking, for example, who has the same 670 base stat total as groudon/kyogre but has to deal with not being able to attack every other turn.

If you don't want halucaline to be as strong as a legendary, you'll probably want to lop off around 100 points from what you've got currently. Dropping down to ~520 would put you in the same range as the current most powerful fossils, tyrantrum and aurorus (521). Still pretty tough, but, like, not suddenly more powerful than suicune or darkrai, haha. If you're open to suggestions, maybe take some off of its attack and speed? It definitely looks like a tank and has a big brain perfect for a psychic with high special attack, so keeping its defenses/sp. atk and lowering attack and speed probably wouldn't hurt the concept much... although maybe your idea of how it battles is different from mine, so make whatever adjustments (if any) you think fit!
Oh crap, I messed up was going for 590, cuz I though the Unova fossils had 590, torterra has 490, archeops has 565 but also defeatist so was totally wrong, an dang I dunno how I got to 620, cuz I remember it having less, must've though I had lesss so added some to health maybe, I dunno, but thanks I toatally forgot to check
Hp:98
Atk:50
Def:105
Sp Atk: 130
SpDef: 105
Speed: 52
those definately are more reasonable, I even liked the idea of it being slower then it's pre evolution, but can take more hits, but like the fossils of the pokemon would probably seem less bulky, cuz it would just be it's bones, despite realy Halucigenia not having a endoskeleton

Last edited:

GoodGuyWooper

Youtuber, Project Capture Devloper
I’ve got like afew mons that I’d like to have reviewed as far as there art goes

these two are from the same evolutionary line based off terror birds. I’d love any feed back I can get!

So this one I still feel like it has some major issues and I can’t seem to figure out exactly what’s wrong

He’s based off this

I feel like maybe I used too much black or something but he needs smoothing out

And of course here are my starters!

Doecoa,Spinacinder, and Diabosa
oh and Cinnadon

Thoughts?

Last edited: