Feedback Fakémon Feedback

Discussion in 'Creative Discussion' started by Aki, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Janoi

Janoi Rookie member

[​IMG]
    Squabliss, The Serenity Pokemon
    Type: Fairy/Flying
    This Pokemon only appears around people with pure hearts.The glitter from Squabliss wings has the ability to heal any wound or injury someone suffers. Any feedbacks on these fakemon?

ChePixel, Kawaiiski, Hematite and 3 others like this.
  2. Kawaiiski

Kawaiiski Starving Bittersweet Artist member

I really like it! The positioning and maybe some of the details bother me, though; particularly the face. I think it's that it maybe looks too simplistic for the description you gave. The pose is... hm. I don't know. It's not bad, but it feels like it could be better, or less awkward? I don't know.

3. Taquilla

Taquilla Sandwich Master member

Aww! It's cute!

Anyways, I like the coloring and small details that I don't really have anything to say. But I guess the one thing is modifying the tips of the wings to be more feathery? I am unsure because it's pretty solid in my eyes.

Hematite likes this.
  4. TheLightSword

TheLightSword :3 member

@Hematite@Hematite
    that was alot to read xd. thanks alot tho
    and no it's not an ultra beast...but it is from another realm, so i guess it technecly is one? idk ._.
    hopfully i can make it look better and imrove it so no confusion will happen for where are its body parts and all that
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another two fakemon lines were made! (OFC)

[​IMG]
    Pure ghost type
    (not that creative)
    and
    [​IMG]
    this dude
    electric and ground type.

yea​

5. Kawaiiski

Kawaiiski Starving Bittersweet Artist member

Gotta unpack this one. This is a pretty good start! There's some tells, though. The second evo of the Ghost type's hat bother's me. The hat rim seems like it's too small, and maybe at a slightly awkward angle. The Elec/Grou type's style radically shifts from one to another, mainly the lines. Also, maybe the second evolution's horn is too big? A bit? IDK. Meanwhile, the first one's tail seems too small. The eye has a weird readability, as well.

TheLightSword likes this.
  6. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong mulberry ambush member

@Janoi@Janoi That's really nice! Part of me almost wants to suggest a slightly different color somewhere, to break up the monotony, but at the same time, I like that soothing blue-green color a lot. Is this a single-stage pokémon, or does it evolve into something? If it's got an evolution then I think it's pretty good as it is, but if it doesn't evolve then I agree that maybe it could use a tiny, tiny bit of extra detail somewhere—featherier wings, or a longer tail or crest, or a slightly more elegant face. You don't need to change too much, though! Lord knows that some single-stagers are extremely simple and cutesy (what's up, luvdisc), but I feel like a slight tweak wouldn't go amiss in this case, just to make it feel a little less like something that's just waiting for an evolution. Try a few things and see which one clicks with you.

@TheLightSword@TheLightSword I like those! A little simple, yeah, but still very solid; simple's definitely not a bad thing. I do agree with Kawaiiski about the ghost evo's hat having a short rim and an awkward angle, but I think the latter might be solved simply by adding a bit of shading to the top of the cape—I think the cape is supposed to be directly beneath the hat (is it? maybe that's not what you'd intended), but the fact that the hat doesn't cast a shadow on it makes it read a bit strangely.

Actually... are those two little pixels under the first stage's hat eyes? I didn't notice those before, but now I see them and they don't look like they're part of the background. If they are eyes, they're a bit hard to see; maybe enlarge them a little? (And the evo's to match? Or at least space the evo's eyes out a little bit more, maybe?)

As for the ground rhinos, the only major issue I have is that the evolution is just the first stage, but bigger. Maybe there's a bit more you can do to vary the shapes, or add an additional color somewhere? It might be interesting to make the humps on the evo's back more angular, in keeping with the zig-zags of the lightning bolts and also a bit of a mountainous look. It'd make it pop a bit more, I think. Now that I look at it, the way the horn on the evo connects to the snout seems a bit fiddly, too, with all those thin, fingery stripes. Is there a way to simplify that or make it look more... solid, for lack of a better word? Maybe if the entire nose/horn combo was yellow, or if the whole top of the head + horn was yellow, like a big stripe or helmet/mask-like marking. Again, a bit more distinction between the basic and the evo, and it'd make a better visual anchor for that big ol' horn than what's there currently.

TheLightSword, Janoi and Hematite like this.