Completed Pokémon Edge Rising

Discussion in 'Project Showcase' started by Makattack202, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Makattack202

Makattack202 Thread Author Edge Lord member

In order to install the fonts, you have to go to the control panel, the Appearance/Personalization folder, and then to the fonts folder. You have to drag the fonts from the Edge Rising folder into there.
    If you did that, than I'm not sure what is causing it to not work. But the game is completely playable without the proper fonts, so if for some reason they aren't able to work on your computer, you can stil play the game fine.

2. moonwinde

moonwinde Rookie member

I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but I've been playing the game for about half an hour now, and I've noticed a few bugs/issues. Their impact is negligible, but I saw a streamer play this game and they didn't experience either of these:

The rain effect severely reduces framerate
    Some textures, like around trees, has a weird break effect.

I don't have video of the rain issue, but I did take some screenshots of the weird texture issue. It seems to only effect trees from what I've seen?

3. Makattack202

The rain issue happens on slower computers, unfortunately. The engine isn't super optimized. This also extends to the tree issue. It only occurs when the game is fullscreen, and we can't do anything about either without massive code overhauls.

4. moonwinde

moonwinde Rookie member

Ah I see. I'm not in fullscreen, but I am using the large window size. My computer is pretty good, it's a fairly new alienware laptop, but maybe something else is using up my CPU and causing the framerate issue then. Like I said though, that's pretty negligible, so I can just ignore it.

5. TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life member

easy fix, just double click each font file and install them one at a time, this will allow you to play the game with those fonts, and you wont have to install them in future games, unless they are entirely different.

6. Redlily

Redlily Novice member

Did you install the fonts in control panel?

7. OfficialSFN

OfficialSFN Novice member

How long is this game? like an estimate?

8. Rhyden

Rhyden Shuckle Kheen raiden

It's about 4-6 hours depending on how much you actually read and how much you explore. Source: I played it all the way through.

9. OfficialSFN

OfficialSFN Novice member

oooooooh thank you.

Redlily and Rhyden like this.
  10. electriccombines

electriccombines Rookie member

Thanks very much for your reply, I reinstalled the fonts and now the dialogue boxes actually have words. Very excited to play this!------------------------One other question - not related to a bug. Is the shiny rate encounter more probable in this game? I've caught two shinies and I've only been playing since yesterday. I mean, it's baller, I'm just wondering.

Makattack202 likes this.
  11. Makattack202

Yeah, shinies are a little less than 1%. We figured since it wasn't that long of a game we didn't have anything to lose by making them more common.

12. Dover

Dover Rookie member

Great game, I really enjoyed it and finished it. Some of the Fakemon's cries made me spit out my coffee so you might owe me a new keyboard if this one fails due to that. I also liked how Fang gets progressively "better" over the course of the game, which furthers my statement in the spoiler.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017 at 11:15 PM