Completed Pokémon Edge Rising

Makattack202

Edge Lord
Yeah, I looked and discovered the exact cause of the bug, which is fixed with the patch I just put down.

On one hand it's definitely a shame you lost your party, but it is good for the fact that I've discovered and fixed the bug.

Wuvvums

Rookie
Oh, I am glad you were able to find and fix it so fast. Maybe in time, this game will be free of all bugs. :>------------------------This is a separate thing that I forgot to mention, and doesn't really need a fixing now, but when I first arrived at
Eerie Town
I noticed a massive frame-rate drop as I was heading towards the pokemon center. This went away later in the game, so I am guessing this was before some scripted events took place? If you are ever concerned about optimizing that would be a spot to look at. I am not sure what caused it though.

Zomby_Goast

Rookie
Can we get a list of evolution methods for fakemon? I'm training up a Makupika, but it still hasn't evolved or learned a fighting-type move by lvl 31 (Caught it at lvl 20).
So just after I asked this...Bro/Hate also has a Makupika in its 80s. Is it even able to evolve?

Last edited:

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person
Can we get a list of evolution methods for fakemon? I'm training up a Makupika, but it still hasn't evolved or learned a fighting-type move by lvl 31 (Caught it at lvl 20).
So just after I asked this...Bro/Hate also has a Makupika in its 80s. Is it even able to evolve?
Makupika is the stronger Pokemon between the two - it doesn't evolve. Don't know why it takes so long to get a fighting move, though.

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
Makupika is the stronger Pokemon between the two - it doesn't evolve. Don't know why it takes so long to get a fighting move, though.
yeah, i noticed that Makupika takes a long time to get a Fighting move, at least it's worth it cause it's Close Combat, which to me is the best Fighting move hands down. also, was the whole Makupika thing kind of a throwback to the anime in which Pikachu beats Surge's Raichu because of it's speed?

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
I may have found another small bug / oversight, Majemag is missing a back sprite both in battle and in the pokedex as seen below.

I'm just assuming this is a bug, for all I know it's not supposed to have a back sprite.

https://imgur.com/0ktCMmO
https://imgur.com/YFhVpsV
This Pokémon was planned as dlc later so it was rushed into the game last minute. It currently only has a front and party sprite since it was not planned to be capturable yet. It'll be fixed eventually.

TheGamingPaladin

This Pokémon was planned as dlc later so it was rushed into the game last minute. It currently only has a front and party sprite since it was not planned to be capturable yet. It'll be fixed eventually.
ah i see, so it was released as an endgame catchable at kind of the last minute? well that would explain the missing back sprite.

good to know as if i had gone to catch it and was missing a sprite i'd think something was wrong too.

chromakit

Rookie
Hey there. I've been playing for the past few days. I like this game a lot. But I ended up running into a bug that could very well prevent me from finishing the game. Here's what happened.
A few days ago I fought the Magizard at ColdSteel and lost. but then after that the game let me move the screen. and then the game let me fight Magizard again with all my Pokemon at full health. When I beat him I noticed there was a second Fang standing there. I figured it wasn't a big deal so I closed the game for the night. The next time I opened it I went into the gym and the second Fang was standing in front of Asshat. This Fang is an obstacle that I can't get past and I can't talk to Asshat.

TheGamingPaladin

Hey there. I've been playing for the past few days. I like this game a lot. But I ended up running into a bug that could very well prevent me from finishing the game. Here's what happened.
A few days ago I fought the Magizard at ColdSteel and lost. but then after that the game let me move the screen. and then the game let me fight Magizard again with all my Pokemon at full health. When I beat him I noticed there was a second Fang standing there. I figured it wasn't a big deal so I closed the game for the night. The next time I opened it I went into the gym and the second Fang was standing in front of Asshat. This Fang is an obstacle that I can't get past and I can't talk to Asshat.
uh oh... sounds like a fatal bug, you may have to let mak put you back at that battle, because that wasnt supposed to happen and it sounds like it broke your game...

Arachnos

Rookie
Hey guys,

After seeing Vinny play this I knew I had to experience it for myself. However, a fatal error happened to me. When I beat the first gym leader and the cutscene was going to start, the game froze and crashed. It saved before crashing, but now whenever I try to load my save, it says "This map is corrupt, the game cannot continue."

My party was a level 11 Bidoof (DERPS), a level 14-ish Rattastic (Mindbreak), a level 12 Squirro (Brat), a level 13 blade monkey thing I forgot the name of (Thugga), a level 12-ish Mankey (Violator) and a level 14 Staravia (Raptor).

Last edited:

StarCap

Rookie
I just finished this game, and I feel that it would be wrong not to show my appreciation. Even though this is like a satire game designed to make fun of edgelords and everything, for some reason I really enjoyed playing it. Despite the story being
kind of just the MC being an edgelord and "killing all the big Pokemon"
it really drew me in and made me invested in the game. A lot of the jokes actually made me smile / do the thing where you blow air out of your nose, so that has to count for something. The only thing that left me dissapointed was
the morality when it came to killing trainers not really amounting to anything, but maybe that's just Undertale spoiling me / me overthinking an edgy Pokemon fangame.
Overall, this game really was fun while it lasted. I can't tell if the DLC teasers are a joke or not, but I kinda hope they aren't because I would totally play something like this again.

sorry for deleting this the first time, i fucked up the spoiler text lol

Makattack202

Edge Lord
The second Magizard bug was something that occurred in an older version. Did you update? I feel like that may have had something to do with it.

Hey, I just downloaded this game - I saw a video on it and thought it look like a fun ride. The game starts up fine, but fonts aren't showing up even though I downloaded all of them? They're in the same folder and everything. Sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, I don't know if it belongs here, but I really don't know why it isn't working properly. Cheers!