Completed Pokémon Edge Rising

Makattack202

Edge Lord

Game Title: Pokémon Edge Rising

Game Screenshots:

Description:
Experience the dark, horrifying world of the Inferno Region, home to death, darkness, and lots of black and red.
Follow the journey of Fang, a teenage boy who desires revenge, as he uncovers a dark truth in the world and the people around him. Also monologues. A lot of 'em.

Features:
-A deep, well-written plot
-A diverse region
-Extremely complex and thought provoking characters
-25+ Fakemon
-Deep moral choices
-NPCs that say kinda useful stuff sometimes
-Characters portraits
-No TMs or HMs
-Use Alt to speed up your game.

Game Download (Updated 9/19/17):
https://mega.nz/#!kWgDwIpB!I-m1eRqB2QFP_BvrDgbTBZJJioZ7ZZ9j5TQbxtB5A3g

If you like this game, I'd recommend playing another game from our writer (the one who wrote the funny jokes, aka not me).
https://reliccastle.com/threads/501/

Made Using:
Pokémon Essentials

Team:
Makattack202
SmokedPaprika
Mashirosakura
Techskylander1518

Notes:
This game was a thing to make, hoo boy.
The trio theme can be applied in a ton of ways, most prominently in the presence of three gyms, though.

Resource Pack:
https://mega.nz/#!FHhD0Q6I!XWSLXYj8stAVmT8PjmNEP_wwZ7EF_K_Ywp5bsYd2ncA

Credits:
Resources:
Kleinstudio (Animation scripts)
FL (Scripts are nice)
Dreadwing93 (Unova Backsprites)
Da-Suspect (Red Portrait)
M3rein, PinkFluffyDragon (PBS Editor)
Wootius (Speed-up Button)

Sharfeeto:
LlamaMinister

Tilesets:
Kyle-Dove
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
Dewitty
Zetavares852
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Alucus
Erma96
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Magiscarf
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
ChaoticCherryCake
Kymotonian
DonLawride
Rverah-duh
Speedialga
Platinum Tyrant
Spacemotion
Pokemon-Diamond
Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
DaNerdyDude
KageNoSensai
klnothincomin
anutter
EpicDay
Thurpok
UltimoSpriter
ForeverXShoddyBattle
Minorthreat0987
TyranitarDark
Chimcharsfirework/ThatsSoWitty
Makattack202

Music:
Baby - Justin Bieber
BATTLE! - Makoto Miyazaki (One Punch Man Soundtrack)
Bring Me to Life - Evanescence (Nightcore version by NightcoreReality)
Brothers in Arms - Junkie XL (Mad Max Soundtrack)
Call of Silence - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
death’s dynamic shroud.wmv - International Team
Don’t Luka Now - Michael Giacchino (War for the Planet of the Apes Soundtrack)
Egoist - school food punishment
Guren no Yumiya - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
Hello Zep - Charlie Clouser (Saw Soundtrack)
If I Lose Myself Tonight (Instrumental) - Danny Olson
Jiyuu no Tsubasa - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
Kanashimi no Mukou e - Ito Kanako (School Days Soundtrack)
Kill the Lights - The Birthday Massacre
Monster Without a Name - EGOIST (Psycho Pass Soundtrack)
MUST DIE - Daisuke Ishiwatari (Blazblue Soundtrack)
Replica - Oneohtrix Point Never
Requiem Mass in D minor, KV 626 - Lacrimosa - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Sadness and Sorrow - Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto Soundtrack)
Scary Slow Music - Connor Darst
Simple and Clean - Utada Hikaru
SUSANO-O - Daisuke Ishiwatari (Blazblue Soundtrack)
Makyuu Ichii-Bal (Instrumental) - Takagaki Ayahi
The Sound of Silence - Paul Simon
This Love - Maroon 5
Those Who Fight - Nobuo Uematsu (Advent Children Soundtrack)
Torches - X Ambassadors
Unravel - TK (Tokyo Ghoul Soundtrack)
Vogel Im Kafig - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
What the World Needs Now is Love - Missi Hale (The Boss Baby Soundtrack)
When the Moon Reaches Out to the Stars - Shoji Meguro (Persona 3 Soundtrack)
What’s up, people?! - MAXIMUM THE HORMONE (Death Note Soundtrack)

Last edited:

Taq

Sandwich Master
I am kinda excited about this one, the style looks nice, it has Fakémon that I've already found Interesting based on screenshots, and I really am excited for the story. It's just... Polished looking...
Anyways I applaud to this work and will definitely try to play it when possible.

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Amidst a hilarious set of jokes (if the intro didn't have you in stitches, I don't know what will), Edge Rising has a surprisingly interesting plot and some great fakemon to accompany you! (and with an Exp Share and Unlucky Egg, you can use them to their full potential!) It was fun to playtest, and I know the final release will be even more so!

Makattack202

Edge Lord
Thanks to @Rhyden's help, we managed to fix a major bug that somehow slipped past us in development.
...The bug was actually present during initial playtesting, but we didn't know what caused it or how to replicate it. But it's fine now

I updated the download link accordingly. Updating it strongly recommended.

For those that already have the game installed, I have the download for the map fix separate, if you want.

EDIT: Added another bugfix because lord how did these get past us?

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
This game was definitely... an experience. For a game that mocks stereotypes about edgelords, the story was pretty deep and engaging. Visually, everything came together really well and I'm genuinely surprised with how much of a game there actually is to play. It's a lot better than other things I've seen people put years of work into and you guys deserve some serious props. I'd highly recommend this game to anyone (at least anyone who can tolerate the profanity and setting of course) just because of how fun and interesting it is.

quentix

Rookie
well i was in the final battle and the game wanted me to save but i was red in the save file and red getting have to start the pokemon battle but that ditn happend because i was a another caracther like the bro of fang but i doent have his pokemon its maybe a glitch or somethin i cant fix >_<

Last edited:

Capella

Rookie
I think I got the same problem quentix does.

When you fight Red, instead of transitioning to a battle after he says, "Go, Pikachu!," it goes to the message that is supposed to play after a player is defeated, I suspect: "As was expected. Now to throw away the garbage." I think this might be because I saved during Red's flashback, so on the savefile, it shows me having no pokemon, and thus I get an automatic game over.

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person

When you fight Red, instead of transitioning to a battle after he says, "Go, Pikachu!," it goes to the message that is supposed to play after a player is defeated, I suspect: "As was expected. Now to throw away the garbage." I think this might be because I saved during Red's flashback, so on the savefile, it shows me having no pokemon, and thus I get an automatic game over.
Well, that's strange - you aren't even supposed to be able to save during the flashback. Thanks for letting me know. I'll forward this to Mak as soon as I can.

quentix

Rookie

yeah that was the same thing happen to me!

Makattack202

Edge Lord
I fixed the bug (alongside a few other minor bugs) and updated the link.

Anyone that saved before the end should hopefully still be able to continue, as I added a conditional branch that re-adds the entire party if they're missing.

Unfortunately, I made quite a few changes to quite a few different maps, so it would be a little counterproductive to upload all of them. Anyone who's previous installed the game should download the new version. Save data will be maintained, luckily.

quentix

Rookie
thaks you mister !
and your name seem familiair to me like... mako in the game... if this be possible... you arent suppose to be dead? o_O
------------------------and another question :
whats gonna happens if i kill everybody except bro ? because in the descritption of the game its says deep moral choices some i am curious... ^^'