Completed Pokémon Edge Rising (2022 Revengeance Update)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
tLOgYKe.png

Game Title: Pokémon Edge Rising

Game Screenshots:
CZwSIRj.png

Description:
Experience the dark, horrifying world of the Inferno Region, home to death, darkness, and lots of black and red.
Follow the journey of Fang, a teenage boy who desires revenge, as he uncovers a dark truth in the world and the people around him. Also monologues. A lot of 'em.

Features:
- A deep, well-written plot
  • A diverse region
  • Extremely complex and thought provoking characters
  • 45+ Fakemon
  • Deep moral choices
  • NPCs that say kinda useful stuff sometimes
  • Characters portraits
  • No TMs or HMs
  • Use Alt to speed up your game.

New To the Revengeance Update:
  • 20+ new Fakemon
  • Various rebalancing
  • Ported game to Pokémon Essentials v20
  • An expanded Pokédex including Gen 8 Pokémon and more
  • A new, expanded postgame with even more NPCs that say kinda useful stuff sometimes
  • A new battle facility known as the Belltower!
  • And most importantly, a new status condition!

Game Download (Updated 8/16/23):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/syzea6ei9nmdlns/Pokémon+Edge+Rising+-+Revengeance+1.6.7z/file

If you like this game, I'd recommend playing another game from our writer (the one who wrote the funny jokes, aka not me).
https://reliccastle.com/threads/501/

Made Using:
Pokémon Essentials v20

Team:
Makattack202
SmokedPaprika
Mashirosakura
Techskylander1518
Reintendo0

2022 Update FAQ:
What's new?
- Well, the big thing is that there's a postgame now. There's uh...not a lot I could do with it, admittedly, since the game's world is kind of destroyed by the end of the main game. I did my best to create new content without having to make a ton of new areas.
- There's a properly organised Pokédex now. Speaking of, there's like, 8 new Pokémon lines. They're all really cool, Mak did great on their designs. There's also a couple of new evolutions of existing mons.
- The dex is now a grand total of 124 Pokémon. You can see more info about them by copying the link to the spreadsheet in the "_Credits" file of the main folder.
- A lot of sprites have been redone, such as Pistoff, Pillost, Eggception, Spectreon and many more have either received touch ups or full resprites.
- The same applies to backsprites, a lot of work went into them to make them all consistent.

Can I use my old save?
- Due to all the changes made, not only by the engine but by my optimisations, old save files would probably break somewhere, so it isn't recommended.
- It's also a 5 year old game, so playing through and refreshing your memory could be cool...

Is the game harder?
- I've tried my best to rebalance the game to make the experience as smooth as possible, and will continue trying to do so unless the general opinion tells me otherwise.
- I've rebalanced a lot of Edgemon stats and movesets, so the experience may not be exactly what it was 5 years ago.
- Early game has and probably been the hardest to balance. There's not really enough time to give players specific counters early on, but you can probably brute force it a lot with Mankey and Gorelett? If you didn't start with Riolu anyway.
- I haven't tested specific team comps so it's all a little subjective, but I look forward to hearing feedback!

Is there any new features?

- Well, there's no haunted mansion DLC, but there is a battle tower-esque building in its place I've dubbed the Belltower. Test your wits against tough opponents for a chance to win fabulous prizes! (Postgame only)
- A couple of new moves exist, like a Fury Swipes clone that's flying type, or a signature move that fires a button. I hope you'll try out all sorts of team members in the Belltower to see what's new!
- Speaking of trying out team members, there's a gauntlet at the end of the game, for those daring enough to try. Once postgame is complete, take a trip to the Blood Lake...

Where is (x)?
- Move Relearner is in Blackheart City Game Corner (regardless of time period).
- Silvally discs are also sold in the Game Corner.
- Stone vendors are in Eerie City in postgame.
- Once postgame is complete, you can get Rare Candies infinitely at the Belltower.

Resource Pack:
https://mega.nz/#!FHhD0Q6I!XWSLXYj8stAVmT8PjmNEP_wwZ7EF_K_Ywp5bsYd2ncA

Credits:
Engine Credits:

Pokémon Essentials:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

mkxp-z:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

RPG Maker XP:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Team Members"
Makattack202
- Spriter
- Writer (OG content)
- Mapper
- Tileset
- Eventer (OG content)
SmokedPaprika
- Writer (OG content)
- Eventer (OG content)
- Pokémon Cries
Mashirosakura
- Spriter
- Playtester
- Eventer (2022)
- Writer (2022)
- Pokémon Cries (2022)

Playtesters:
TechSkylander1518 (OG)
Reintendo0 (2022)

Sprites:
- Unova Backsprites (Dreadwing93)
- Red Portrait (Da-Suspect)
- Sharfeeto (LlamaMinister/PixelProfligate)
- Gen 6 Back Sprites (MrDollSteak, Spherical-Ice,
Various contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
VanillaSunshine)
- Gen 7 Back Sprites (leparagon, Z-nogyroP, zlolxd, elazulmax, mangamanga, VanillaSunshine)
- The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource
(Dreadwing93, Prodigal96, MM980, 44tim44, Gnomowladny, MetalFlygon (republished by Zygoat), WolfPP,
lichenprincess, BiggusWeeabus, ChromusSama, briochee, Makattack202, Loafus022, Sopita_Yorita,
lennybitao, Limitdistortion, PorousMist326, leParagon,
DS-style Gen VII and Beyong Pokemon Sprite Repository, Smogon Art Projects)

Tilesets:
- Kyle-Dove
- Heavy-Metal-Lover
- WesleyFG
- Dewitty
- Zetavares852
- XDinky
- Newtiteuf
- Alucus
- Erma96
- Hydrargirium
- Poison-Master
- Thedeadheroalistair
- Shutwig
- Asdsimone
- Xxdevil
- Steinnaples
- Hek-el-grande
- sylver1984
- NikNak93
- TeaAddiction
- Cuddlesthefatcat
- Magiscarf
- Gigatom
- The-Red-eX
- ChaoticCherryCake
- Kymotonian
- DonLawride
- Rverah-duh
- Speedialga
- Platinum Tyrant
- Spacemotion
- Pokemon-Diamond
- Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
- DaNerdyDude
- KageNoSensai
- klnothincomin
- anutter
- EpicDay
- Thurpok
- UltimoSpriter
- ForeverXShoddyBattle
- Minorthreat0987
- TyranitarDark
- Chimcharsfirework/ThatsSoWitty
- Makattack202

Scripts/Plugins:
- v20.1 Hotfixes (Maruno)
- Name-Box (Mr. Gela)
- pbPartyIndex (Volsteon)
- Gen 8 Pack Scripts (Golisopod User, Luka S.J.)
- Hidden Abilities by Percentage (Mashirosakura, Scyl, Nettohikari, Marin, Maq47, StarWolff, Kotaro)
- Marin's Utilities/Map Exporter (Marin)
- Multiple Save (bo4p5687)
- Overworld Shadows EX (Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin)
- PokéDex Silhouettes (TechSkylander1518)
- Rename from Party (TechSkylander1518)
- Speed Up 2.0 (Marin, Phantombass)
- Voltseon's Pause Menu (Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS)
- Reload (aioros)
- Bleed/Frost statuses (Mashirosakura)

Music:
- Baby - Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris
- BATTLE! - Makoto Miyazaki (One Punch Man Soundtrack)
- Battle -Seraph- - Ryota Kozuka, Toshiki Konishi (SMTV Soundtrack)
- Bring Me to Life - Evanescence (Nightcore version by NightcoreReality)
- Brothers in Arms - Junkie XL (Mad Max Soundtrack)
- Call of Silence - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- COLORS - FLOW (Code Geass)
- death’s dynamic shroud.wmv - International Team
- Don’t Luka Now - Michael Giacchino (War for the Planet of the Apes Soundtrack)
- Egoist - school food punishment
- Guren no Yumiya - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- Hello Zep - Charlie Clouser (Saw Soundtrack)
- If I Lose Myself Tonight (Instrumental) - Danny Olson
- In The End - Linkin Park
- Jiyuu no Tsubasa - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- Kanashimi no Mukou e - Ito Kanako (School Days Soundtrack)
- Kill the Lights - The Birthday Massacre
- Monster Without a Name - EGOIST (Psycho Pass Soundtrack)
- MUST DIE - Daisuke Ishiwatari (Blazblue Soundtrack)
- My War - Shinsei kamattechan
- Replica - Oneohtrix Point Never
- Requiem Mass in D minor, KV 626 - Lacrimosa - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sadness and Sorrow - Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto Soundtrack)
- Scary Slow Music - Connor Darst
- Simple and Clean - Utada Hikaru
- SUSANO-O - Daisuke Ishiwatari (Blazblue Soundtrack)
- Makyuu Ichii-Bal (Instrumental) - Takagaki Ayahi
- The Reluctant Heroes - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- The Sound of Silence - Paul Simon
- This Love - Maroon 5
- Those Who Fight - Nobuo Uematsu (Advent Children Soundtrack)
- Torches - X Ambassadors
- Unravel - TK (Tokyo Ghoul Soundtrack)
- Vogel Im Kafig - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- What the World Needs Now is Love - Missi Hale (The Boss Baby Soundtrack)
- When the Moon Reaches Out to the Stars - Shoji Meguro (Persona 3 Soundtrack)
- What’s up, people?! - MAXIMUM THE HORMONE (Death Note Soundtrack)

Last edited:

Taq

Sandwich Master
I am kinda excited about this one, the style looks nice, it has Fakémon that I've already found Interesting based on screenshots, and I really am excited for the story. It's just... Polished looking...
Anyways I applaud to this work and will definitely try to play it when possible.

Amidst a hilarious set of jokes (if the intro didn't have you in stitches, I don't know what will), Edge Rising has a surprisingly interesting plot and some great fakemon to accompany you! (and with an Exp Share and Unlucky Egg, you can use them to their full potential!) It was fun to playtest, and I know the final release will be even more so!

Mak

Edge Lord
Thanks to @Rhyden's help, we managed to fix a major bug that somehow slipped past us in development.
...The bug was actually present during initial playtesting, but we didn't know what caused it or how to replicate it. But it's fine now

I updated the download link accordingly. Updating it strongly recommended.

For those that already have the game installed, I have the download for the map fix separate, if you want.

EDIT: Added another bugfix because lord how did these get past us?

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
This game was definitely... an experience. For a game that mocks stereotypes about edgelords, the story was pretty deep and engaging. Visually, everything came together really well and I'm genuinely surprised with how much of a game there actually is to play. It's a lot better than other things I've seen people put years of work into and you guys deserve some serious props. I'd highly recommend this game to anyone (at least anyone who can tolerate the profanity and setting of course) just because of how fun and interesting it is.

quentix

Cooltrainer
Makattack202 i meet a probler to fight red there is somethin wrong on the system DX

quentix

Cooltrainer
well i was in the final battle and the game wanted me to save but i was red in the save file and red getting have to start the pokemon battle but that ditn happend because i was a another caracther like the bro of fang but i doent have his pokemon its maybe a glitch or somethin i cant fix >_<

Last edited:

Capella

Rookie
I think I got the same problem quentix does.

When you fight Red, instead of transitioning to a battle after he says, "Go, Pikachu!," it goes to the message that is supposed to play after a player is defeated, I suspect: "As was expected. Now to throw away the garbage." I think this might be because I saved during Red's flashback, so on the savefile, it shows me having no pokemon, and thus I get an automatic game over.

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person

When you fight Red, instead of transitioning to a battle after he says, "Go, Pikachu!," it goes to the message that is supposed to play after a player is defeated, I suspect: "As was expected. Now to throw away the garbage." I think this might be because I saved during Red's flashback, so on the savefile, it shows me having no pokemon, and thus I get an automatic game over.

Well, that's strange - you aren't even supposed to be able to save during the flashback. Thanks for letting me know. I'll forward this to Mak as soon as I can.

quentix

Cooltrainer

yeah that was the same thing happen to me!

Mak

Edge Lord
I fixed the bug (alongside a few other minor bugs) and updated the link.

Anyone that saved before the end should hopefully still be able to continue, as I added a conditional branch that re-adds the entire party if they're missing.

Unfortunately, I made quite a few changes to quite a few different maps, so it would be a little counterproductive to upload all of them. Anyone who's previous installed the game should download the new version. Save data will be maintained, luckily.

quentix

Cooltrainer
thaks you mister !
and your name seem familiair to me like... mako in the game... if this be possible... you arent suppose to be dead? o_O
------------------------and another question :
whats gonna happens if i kill everybody except bro ? because in the descritption of the game its says deep moral choices some i am curious... ^^'

quentix

Cooltrainer
hum and whats is the dlc of the spooky house in the forest of dead can i get the date of him please?