Demo Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
As promised, here I am once again with good news. 2.2 is now available for download on our official site.

... Although because we had to spend the past month telling people to patch their games (because apparently no one can read clearly given instructions on our download page), we decided to release the patch as a new core, and bundled it with our game's brand new launcher. Courtesy of our staff member, Sinder. As a result, you're recommended to delete your game folder and use the one found in the zip.

So what does this new launcher mean for the game? Basically, it has built-in functions for downloading and apply any patches that we release after 2.2, convenient links for the game, and of course the ability to play the game. Because what would be a launcher without that? Of course, you're not required to use it. If you're so inclined, you can still play the game directly and manually patch the game.

As for changes, I did list two major things in the previous post. Thing though is that there's so many changes that it'd be easier to point you to the changelog on our Wiki. This is what happened as a result of the launcher taking a while to be made.

And I hope you guys enjoyed our Spectre event, because it'll be ending shortly.

That's all for this update, folks. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going to take a stroll through Peridot Fore- ... What happened to the fog? o___o

... Oh right, since it technically is the start of October somewhere, I think I can mention that there's gonna be a few things going on during the month. Nothing super important yet, just mainly testing the water with month-based events. A good place to find some things is of course good old Peridot, although maybe there's some things to find in certain other places...

If it's already October for you, then you've likely already noticed the changes. If not, then go hunting. Of course, if it's still September 30th for you, then just wait a bit for things to get started.

And don't worry. If you miss out on the fun, you'll get another chance next year. Unlike Mystery Gifts, this is more something directly programmed into the game to occur every October.

Have fun.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Woops, we found a softlock. Hotfix released! If the launcher/direct download doesn't work just patch manually from another mirror or wait a bit.

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Okay, so I don't know if I'm fully patched - I'm pretty sure I am, but I could be wrong since I'm not familiar with the launcher yet. Anyway.
I was in Peridot forest, ran into an Altaran paras. Sweet, I think - it looks awesome, I wanna catch it, it could be really useful! So I try to go into my bag, and the battle part of the screen turns totally black, and I get this error every time I try to access my bag in the battle;

---------------------------
Pokemon Sardonyx: RtW
---------------------------
Exception: ArgumentError
Bag:921:in `getChoice'
Bag:275:in `pbStartScene'
PokeBattle_Scene:2548:in `pbItemMenu'
PokeBattle_Battle:3090:in `pbItemMenu'
PokeBattle_Battle:3177:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3130:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:3224:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3119:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3119:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3066:in `pbStartBattleCore'

I'm gonna go and manually try and patch, in case I'm not up to date and did something wrong, but I figured I'd let you know about this anyway. Still loving the game, btw~

EDIT; Okay, so - update. It happens in every battle, no matter what pokemon I'm against, not just paras. Haven't tried in trainer battle, but it's a safe guess the same thing would happen.

Last edited:

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
Yeah, sorry for the late respond.

That's basically a result of us changing the bag script to BW2 mechanics. As a result, there's only six pockets opposed to RMXP's default 8. Based on your error, I'm guessing what happened was that you saved while your last pocket was the old Key Items pocket (ie pocket #8). And because the script didn't account for a decrease of max pocket numbers, it can't really do anything because of the fact that the pocket doesn't exist anymore.

Fortunately though, I've seen to coming up with a possible fix for that (possible in the sense that I've tried a thing, and it seems to work). It'll be fixed in our next hotfix, so my advice for the time being is hold tight and keep an eye on our Twitter for announcement for that.

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
Patch 2.3 is out! Changelog has all the juicy details. Most noteworthy: New Pokeballs, version number on the load screen, several things no longer crash the game, and Poison is now SE on Water. Enjoy!

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
I have returned with good news if you haven't already seen it on our Twitter, Discord server, or brand new thread on PokéCommunity!

That's right, folks! 2.4 is available, and the previously closed Jadit Ruins hidden in Peridot Forest is now open. Have fun exploring it! ... Although be careful when doing so...

Keileon

Sardonyx's Kyuubi
If you haven't done the story in the city yet, go to the cafe.

If you fought Kaden, go back to the cafe and then find the house you're told to go to.

If you did all that and the group is out of that house, leave the city.

taschen88

Rookie
If you haven't done the story in the city yet, go to the cafe.

If you fought Kaden, go back to the cafe and then find the house you're told to go to.

If you did all that and the group is out of that house, leave the city.

Thanks! Got confused by this, there's currently no way to cross the bridge.
(Screenshot is the "beach" on the Northeast area of Amaris city)
Initially I thought this is where I was supposed to go next, lol.
Figured that after the events in this city I'm going back West.

And I just discovered Quest Log in the main menu!
In one of my 5 "Ongoing" quests it wrote there which gym I'm supposed to go next in which city.
Thank you for providing that wonderful feature!!

Last edited:

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Reaper
2.5 is now out, bringing phenomenon to the mix. Rustling grass, dust clouds... No rippling water yet, though. We're still figuring out stuff for that. Go ahead and update when you get the chance.

Canary007

Rookie
Slight spoilers to anyone else.
I was fighting in the story event where Lugia is creating a hurricane. I sent in a throwaway pokemon (a paras) because of the deathmatch rules. It got KOed, but then after the battle the paras evolved into a parasect. For some reason that evolution canceled out the pokemon dying and now the parasect is perfectly fine. I'm confused and think this is a bug.