Demo Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

Discussion in 'Progressing Projects' started by Keileon, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Yagami

Yagami Rookie member

Hello,I just started playing the game.Just some bugs and questions:

2. Lord X-Giga-X

Lord X-Giga-X Sardonyx's Reaper member

Addressing in order:

-We are well aware of that. Basically, I had to unconnect our maps to reduce lag, and edit a lot of exits as a result. That particular exit unfortunately slipped under my radar for some reason. Granted with where people ended up being teleported as a result, that's probably the best case scenario. Nevertheless, that has been fixed for the next demo.
    -That's... weird... I tested it about an hour ago, and it was set to be completed for me. And those events haven't been touched in a couple of months.
    -Yeah, I see what you mean by that one. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure how to fix that one. Likely just something to do with how the regional variants are coded. In which I'm probably gonna be spending about a week figuring that out! Yaaaaay...
    -Keileon and I are working on a wiki for the game, which will have the current level-up movesets for the regional variants. Beedrill's page isn't set up yet, though I can confirm that Altaran Beedrill learns Earthquake at Lv 41.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  3. Yagami

Yagami Rookie member

Just to be clear,
    I had caught the altaran beedrill even before talking to Jim.So I actually finished it even before starting the sidequest.

4. Lord X-Giga-X

Ah okay, that makes more sense. Yeah, that should be simple to fix.
    Honestly, that seems like something I wanted to get back to, but then ended up doing so many other things for this demo that I forgot about it.

Or at least that's the only excuse I can come up with for a bug that has nothing to do with me forgetting/adding unnecessary characters and thus breaking the game over the course of development.

... I'm just asking for my co-dev to come in with a list of how many times that's happened, aren't I?

Keileon likes this.
  5. Keileon

Keileon Thread Author Sardonyx's Kyuubi member

You haven't broken the game as many times as I have

Also, we've figured out the reason for the form confusion after someone caught a Growlithe and it ended up giving the Kantonian dex entry. Now we- and by we I mean Giga- need to figure out how to fix it.

6. Lord X-Giga-X

Hope everyone's enjoying the start of 2018!

Well it's only been 11 days. (Or 12 since it became midnight while I made this post.) Time for a patch.
    Primarily a bugfix patch addressing most of- if not all- the bugs noted since the demo release. Just download the patch from the downloads page of our official site, and replace files in your demo folder with those extracted from the .zip. Note: you will need to download the demo if you haven't already done so.

If there's any other bugs noticed, they'll likely be addressed over the process of working on the next demo.

Where are we going in the next demo?

Citrivale City. Maybe a bit further than that. idk. We'll figure it out.

7. Keileon

Another patch may be coming soon. We've discovered a little more than a minor bug when trying to fix the wrong forms being registered in the dex.

Essentially, Shinx, Kakuna, and Metapod may incorrectly evolve into their canon forms. This should be avoidable by playing on the core 1.0 version instead of patch 1.1. Your save file should be safe to rollback if you just want to evolve one of those three Pokémon.

To be safe, I'd do it for Caterpie and Weedle as well.

8. Lord X-Giga-X

Allow me to be a bit more specific.

Because of how the regional variants and related Pokémon are scripted combined with this unexpected bug, Shinx, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, and Kakuna caught after updating to the 1.1 patch are put into their default form 0. Which unfortunately means they will evolve into normal Luxio, Butterfree and Beedrill instead of their regional variants. Only thing I can think of for why this happened is because despite their form 1 only being there to evolve into their regional variants, their overall lack of additional properties combined with their scripting in 1.1 forces them back into form 0... Yeeeaaah, I'm not entirely sure if that's really what's happening, but that's my best guess.

If there's any good news, it's that those caught in 1.0 prior to updating will evolve into their regional variants as intended due to them already being set to form 1. This has been fixed for the next major demo as of last night. But until we get a new patch out, the best way to get around this for the time being would be playing 1.0.

Yeah go figure, I fix one thing... and then make things worse.... I sincerely apologize for being responsible for that.

Keileon likes this.
  9. Keileon

We've hopefully fixed some of the worse bugs in the latest patch.

You can download here (as of right now the direct download is not available): https://sardonyxrtw.weebly.com/downloads.html

Changelog:

Credits for added features will be available in the next core release. Sorry for any inconveniences.

It is very likely that Shinx, Kakuna, and Metapod caught in 1.1 will still incorrectly evolve. If this happens to you, send your save file to us via Twitter, Discord, or the contact form on the site for fixes.

10. rubyboys

rubyboys Rookie member

game is not starting.clicked game.exe multiple times but nothing is happening

11. Keileon

Can you screenshot your game folder please? It should look something like this.

[​IMG]

Another player was having a similar problem and it got fixed by redownloading the core and the patch, so maybe try that as well.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  12. rubyboys

rubyboys Rookie member

tired still not starting

13. Keileon

I still need a screenshot of your game folder.

14. rubyboys

rubyboys Rookie member

the folder is exactly like you have shown above.it does not work only on your games,pokemon chronicles and pokemon hyperion or else work with every game

15. Keileon

Strange. Nobody else seems to have had this problem. I can only suggest the following:

1. Fully delete the game folder (any save files will be fine) then redownload the core and patch.

2. Put the save file somewhere else (its location defaults to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games I believe) and repeat the first step.

3. Play the core file without the patch and then patch at a later time.

There's no reason it shouldn't work unless your download and extract, or perhaps your save file, got corrupted.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 3:24 AM