v19.1 Animated Sprites v19.1

This thread pertains to v19.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

Wally13

Rookie
Hello!

I have a question concerning the usage of Animated PNGs. I'm slowly trying to learn how to use the script editor, however I'm still a noob at it. For my project I want to implement animated pokemon. My goal is to recreate the GEN 4 battle style, except the Pokemon are animated using animated PNG's. Precisely the same, seen in the video:

Example video:
(Animated Sprites for Vanilla Essentials v.18.x)

I did some research and found multiple ways to do this in v19.1, like EBDX, Animated Sprites for vanilla Essentials or using GIF's.

After trying all options; EBDX didn't meet my expectations because of the non-static battle environments. Animated Sprites for Vanilla Essentials is currently still in v.18.x and I couldn't find a possible way to use it in v19.x. Besides those plugins, using GIF's means I'll need to change every file from PNG to GIF's. Changing to GIF is not efficient, but still plausible.

I also tried simply replacing the sprites with the so called 'Animated PNG's', however this resulted in this monstrosity:

2021-11-24 22_56_52-.png

I'm currently using no plugins or other adjustments to prevent conflictions between them.

I already thought of some (plausible) ways to resolve this:
1. The worst option, but possible: Changing every pokemon sprite to GIF. I tried it and it works, however this will be really time-consuming.
2. I read that EBDX uses a 'AnimatedBitMap' called: BitmapWrapperEX. Is there a possibility to only use this part of the script? If so, how can I possible do this?
3. Or, maybe this sounds ambitious, but is there a way to change detection of animated PNG's from the example image to Animations in Standard Pokemon Essentials?
4. Wait for Animated Sprites for vanilla Essentials to be updated to v19.1, this is an obvious option.

My apologies for grammar mistakes, I hope y'all understand what I'm trying to achieve and thank you for your time,

Have a nice day!

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
1. The worst option, but possible: Changing every pokemon sprite to GIF. I tried it and it works, however this will be really time-consuming.
It doesn't have to be- this tool works pretty nicely, letting you set up the speed and size of frames. It'd be a process to go through all your Pokemon, but I can't imagine it taking more than a week or so. (especially if you kept it to just the Pokemon you plan on using)
2. I read that EBDX uses a 'AnimatedBitMap' called: BitmapWrapperEX. Is there a possibility to only use this part of the script? If so, how can I possible do this?
That's what Animated Sprites for Vanilla Essentials is, actually- it's that part of the code from EBDX.
3. Or, maybe this sounds ambitious, but is there a way to change detection of animated PNG's from the example image to Animations in Standard Pokemon Essentials?
I... don't really see how this is different from option 2? Unless you mean writing the code from scratch instead of adapting it from EBDX, but I don't see how that'd be better.

I think waiting for the update is your best option, though- it's a popular script that's bound to be updated soon, and it's not like you need to put extra work in now- animated battle sprites could really just be included at any point in development.

Wally13

Rookie
It doesn't have to be- this tool works pretty nicely, letting you set up the speed and size of frames. It'd be a process to go through all your Pokemon, but I can't imagine it taking more than a week or so. (especially if you kept it to just the Pokemon you plan on using)

That's what Animated Sprites for Vanilla Essentials is, actually- it's that part of the code from EBDX.

I... don't really see how this is different from option 2? Unless you mean writing the code from scratch instead of adapting it from EBDX, but I don't see how that'd be better.

I think waiting for the update is your best option, though- it's a popular script that's bound to be updated soon, and it's not like you need to put extra work in now- animated battle sprites could really just be included at any point in development.
Thank you for your fast reply! I will just wait patiently for the time being.