• We've opened up applications for site moderators! Head over to the announcement to learn more!

v19.1 Victory music not triggering for Wild/Trainer battles?

This thread pertains to v19.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

MacNeil73

Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm making a game for the first time and I just can't figure this one out. When completing a trainer or wild battle, the regular battle music just keeps playing rather than triggering the victory music and I have no idea why. I went into my metadata and made sure that my TrainerVictoryME and WildVictoryME accurately followed the file name of the music I imported into the game from khinsider.

I don't know what I am doing wrong? Below is a screen shot of my BGM metadata. Its strange, because the battle songs work just fine, but the victory songs won't trigger. I tried re-importing the music, changing the file names, and changing the in game music name (I ensured that my metadata file name always matched that of the in game file name). This did not work.

metadata_snip.PNG

ThatWelshOne_

Umbreon User
Could it be anything to do with the fact that these are in .mp3 format? Or is the bitrate too high, perhaps? If I remember correctly, RMXP can be very temperamental when dealing with audio. You could try lowering the bitrate of the problem tracks first. If that doesn't work, try converting the files to .ogg format.

MacNeil73

Rookie
Could it be anything to do with the fact that these are in .mp3 format? Or is the bitrate too high, perhaps? If I remember correctly, RMXP can be very temperamental when dealing with audio. You could try lowering the bitrate of the problem tracks first. If that doesn't work, try converting the files to .ogg format.
Its strange, because the wild battle and trainer battle themes, which are in MP3 format, work just fine. I was however considering trying converting them to .ogg as a test, but I just needed to get away from it for a bit and take a break. I'll give this a shot later! Any idea for good resources for converting MP3s ogg? Also, any suggestions on what a resonable bitrate would be?

ThatWelshOne_

Umbreon User
As I said, RMXP is temperamental about which files it wants to play, even when they're the same format. Audacity is commonly used and it's free to download! Thundaga has a tutorial on looping audio and exporting to different file formats in Audacity that might be worth a quick watch.
For the bitrate, .ogg usually works without needing to change that. Here's hoping!

MacNeil73

Rookie
As I said, RMXP is temperamental about which files it wants to play, even when they're the same format. Audacity is commonly used and it's free to download! Thundaga has a tutorial on looping audio and exporting to different file formats in Audacity that might be worth a quick watch.
For the bitrate, .ogg usually works without needing to change that. Here's hoping!
Thank you, sorry I missed your comment about RMXP originally. I'll give this a go when I get back to my game later on, and I will let you know if it worked! In any case, thank you for the advice.

MacNeil73

Rookie
Unfortunately, none of these options have worked. I even tried using completely new songs, or using one that comes with Pokemon Essentials by default - no luck. It certainly appears that it isnt an issue with the audio files....

MacNeil73

Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm making a game for the first time and I just can't figure this one out. When completing a trainer or wild battle, the regular battle music just keeps playing rather than triggering the victory music and I have no idea why. I went into my metadata and made sure that my TrainerVictoryME and WildVictoryME accurately followed the file name of the music I imported into the game from khinsider.

I don't know what I am doing wrong? Below is a screen shot of my BGM metadata. Its strange, because the battle songs work just fine, but the victory songs won't trigger. I tried re-importing the music, changing the file names, and changing the in game music name (I ensured that my metadata file name always matched that of the in game file name). This did not work.

View attachment 7757
SOLVED! Turns out, I was just making a silly mistake. I was saving the victory music in the Audio/BGM extension in RPG maker, when I should have been saving it to the Audio/ME section. Hopefully my mistake can help someone avoid it in the future! Lol.