• We've opened up applications for site moderators! Head over to the announcement to learn more!

v19.1 PokemonBoxLink Item not working?

This thread pertains to v19.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

Charizardthree

Cooltrainer
Hello,

I'm currently working on V19.1 of Pokemon essentials and I have tried to add in the PokemonBoxLink Key Item from the files from Golisopod User's Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19

I first just added the item into the game as a gift however whenever I tried to use it the game would not allow me to even have a use option.

I then looked around online and found this script:

ItemHandlers::UseFromBag.add(:POKEMONBOXLINK,proc{|item|
pbPokeCenterPC
next 1
})

This allowed then gave me a use option however it would just respond with ingame text that I couldn't use the item in my current location (Outdoor map).

I feel like I've missed something here or maybe there is something else that needs adding in?
Any ideas?

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
can you show the pbs for the item?
also can you give me the exact wording for the error text (if you are confident in reading script yourselft a little bit try to crtl+shift+f search it and see exactly why that message triggers)

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
You should probably read the FAQ for the Generation 8 Project. The way the Box Link is handled is already covered there.

Solution

Charizardthree

Cooltrainer
You should probably read the FAQ for the Generation 8 Project. The way the Box Link is handled is already covered there.
Thank you,
I feel silly now I missed it!

For anyone else who needs an answer you just press "D" while in your Party menu!