Help Alolan Stone

Morningdew

Project United Head Dev
Hello! I have put Alolan Raichu into the Multiple Forms script, and it works like a charm. However, I want the player to be able to have an "Alolan Stone" similar to a Thunderstone, except when you use it on a Pokemon, it evolves them into their Alolan form... (Cubone->Alolan Marowak, etc.) I'm entirely sure this is possible, I just don't know how to go about doing it.

Edit: I have a more general idea after reviewing the scripts in PItem_Items and ItemEffects. Not entirely sure how to script it, though.

Last edited:

Tomix9tomix

The beetle is waking up
One way to do it would be to set up the alolan version as a completely new Pokemon. Set up the alolan stone as an item that evolves it into the alolan version just like any other evolution stone item does. The only problem is that this wouldn't be another form, this would be a whole new dex number and entry which isn't what your really after. But as someone who has no experience in scripting this is the best solution I can offer.

Morningdew

Project United Head Dev
One way to do it would be to set up the alolan version as a completely new Pokemon. Set up the alolan stone as an item that evolves it into the alolan version just like any other evolution stone item does. The only problem is that this wouldn't be another form, this would be a whole new dex number and entry which isn't what your really after. But as someone who has no experience in scripting this is the best solution I can offer.
I have considered this, but I really do not want to add more species. Thanks for your response :)

Maruno

Pokémon Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
Make a new encounter method, which is a copy of "Item" except it also sets the Pokémon's form to 1. This is fine because Pikachu doesn't have an alternate form, and the "Item" evolution cannot be cancelled.

Morningdew

Project United Head Dev
Make a new encounter method, which is a copy of "Item" except it also sets the Pokémon's form to 1. This is fine because Pikachu doesn't have an alternate form, and the "Item" evolution cannot be cancelled.
Thanks for your response, however I'm a little confused by what you mean by a copy of 'item.' Can you please explain a little more? :) And how would I go about changing that in the script? And is there a way to make it so Vulpix evolves into the regular form while an Alolan one evolves into the Alolan without making separate species, but instead using Fire and Ice stones respectively?

Last edited: