Questions & Feedback Thread

Omegas

Novice
First of all, Happy New Year everyone! (sorry for being a bit late)

I have a bit of an issue with my posts.

While typing this post, I cannot see either of these images. One is a random image from the internet (left). The other is one is from my Google Drive (right). Can you see any of these images? If not, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Marin

kinda done
Administrator
First of all, Happy New Year everyone! (sorry for being a bit late)

I have a bit of an issue with my posts.

While typing this post, I cannot see either of these images. One is a random image from the internet (left). The other is one is from my Google Drive (right). Can you see any of these images? If not, is there anything I can do to fix this?
Are they direct links to the image? This means that it's either a direct download or that it shows just the one image if opened in a browser?

Omegas

Novice
Are they direct links to the image? This means that it's either a direct download or that it shows just the one image if opened in a browser?

Managed to get the random image working, but Google is making it difficult by either not showing the image, or making it microscopic in size even with the direct link. I may try to find an image sharing website in the future. Thank you for your help!

Marin

kinda done
Administrator

Managed to get the random image working, but Google is making it difficult by either not showing the image, or making it microscopic in size even with the direct link. I may try to find an image sharing website in the future. Thank you for your help!
I'd recommend Imgur. If you upload a picture, make sure to click "Get Share Links" and then copy the "BB Code" option.

For screenshots, I recommend ShareX. It allows for automatic uploading to Imgur as well.

I can't seem to link my pixel art for the Jam through my phone, even after I linked it through TinyPic. Is this a bug or...

Aki

Starry eyed
I can't seem to link my pixel art for the Jam through my phone, even after I linked it through TinyPic. Is this a bug or...
I'm not sure why a link wouldn't work, so long as the iamge is uploaded somewhere...hm. You can try making a post and including the link, I'll edit the post to fix it so the image is visible.

I'm not sure why a link wouldn't work, so long as the iamge is uploaded somewhere...hm. You can try making a post and including the link, I'll edit the post to fix it so the image is visible.
Thanks, will do.

Omegas

Novice
I'm having a similar problem to the one above. I've been trying to get my project up on Progressing Projects, but it keeps saying there was a problem and to either wait or contact an administrator. There was no administrator on at the time I'm writing this and it has been happening for a while now. I have all of my images on Imgur. I'm making sure to copy the BB code, but it doesn't want to work for some reason. Is there a problem on my end or something else?

I'm having a similar problem to the one above. I've been trying to get my project up on Progressing Projects, but it keeps saying there was a problem and to either wait or contact an administrator. There was no administrator on at the time I'm writing this and it has been happening for a while now. I have all of my images on Imgur. I'm making sure to copy the BB code, but it doesn't want to work for some reason. Is there a problem on my end or something else?
Try temporarily turning adblock off or trying a different browser. It's a weird issue that we don't 100% have a fix for yet, but that usually is a temporary work around.

Cannaboss

Novice
I think an addition resource forum where people share public graphics that they have found (along with the credits of course) would be very helpful for people looking for tiles/sprites to use in their games. I know that for myself I'm always dwelling deep into Deviantart looking for good ones, so I think this would be a good way to share what we have found as a community.

I think an addition resource forum where people share public graphics that they have found (along with the credits of course) would be very helpful for people looking for tiles/sprites to use in their games. I know that for myself I'm always dwelling deep into Deviantart looking for good ones, so I think this would be a good way to share what we have found as a community.
You're welcome to compile graphics into RPGXP format yourself and provide a link to the original + credits. https://reliccastle.com/resources/categories/6/

Roshimitsu

Novice
I have a problem if anyone is able to help, I have been trying to verify myself for access to the Discord server, but whenever I hit the "Associate with Discord" widget in the Connected Accounts section, it opens a link to the discord webpage with a message saying "Unknown application, you may close this window or tab". The odd thing is that when I first did it, it opened discord and I have access to the Relic Castle Discord greeting channel, but have no way to authenticate myself, I'm not sure if I messed up by opening the RC discord before applying through the website, leading to and auth-error, but I can't be certain. Any one know what's up?

Is there any way that the search engine for the resources section could be updated at all?

Recently, I tried to remember a resource by xPokejosex that let you give statuses outside of battle. I went to the search resources section, tagged "Search titles only", and searched "Outside of battle". "Outside" was taken out because it was too common a word (which seems odd- I don't think "outside" is really used that often in resources?), as was "of", so my only options were the resources that had "battle" in them. It wasn't there. I tried to get more specific and tried "burn", "burned", and "poison". These got "no results found". (And I tried "burned battle" and "burned poison" to make sure they weren't words deemed "too common", and still got no results.

I finally gave up and just googled it, and I found it on the first result. The title is "Give states such as poison or burned out of battle.". "poison", "burned", and "battle" are 100% in the title- but it didn't show up in my searches at all. xPokejosex hasn't been active in a while, but he doesn't seem to be banned. The section Scripts is in the search section- I even tried toggling it specifically to be sure. And I manually looked through the Scripts section, and it was still there.

Longwinded story, the long and short of it is that the search engine has decided "Outside" is too common, even though it's not really a common word, and a script resource that is very much still here isn't appearing in searches for some reason.