Questions & Feedback Thread

Sparta

Someone who does something.
Hey, does anyone know how to add secret bases in your pokemon game.
This particular forum is more for questions about the site, not for fan-games.

That said, the Pokemon Essentials forum is probably more what you're looking for.

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator

PokeGeorge

Rookie
Hi PokeGeorge!
Like Sparta said, this isn't really the right place to ask game dev questions; this thread is for questions about Relic Castle. But if you're a little lost on the site and need direction, you've found the right place.

Anyway, a game dev question should usually be posted in its' own thread here.
As an answer to your question though, you might wanna check out something like this but go ahead and post a thread if you've got any more questions.
Thanks a lot Aki.

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
Well while getting the Pokémon Battle Island Thread up I noticed two bugs.

I added a tabcontrol. But sometimes when I inserted like a list or a picture it just made two tab controls out of what was supposed to be one. That's also how the intro tab ended up to be alone now ... but I let it like that because I had far worse constallations during making that thred and I think it just looks dope as headline.

Second is about button links. They are converted to all lowercase. This isn't a problem for conventional links. But for example MEGA links have a key and there case matters. So your forced to use a normal button and then put a link in there as text.

I hope that this is the right thread for this.

shadow.sulphor

Novice
Can anyone tell me , how can I join Game Jam, what are the requirements and other stuffs..(cause Idk).
And how I am supposed to join RC Discord (I had joined , but I think I'm not configured by admin.

Deo

the north star
Administrator
Can anyone tell me , how can I join Game Jam, what are the requirements and other stuffs..(cause Idk).
And how I am supposed to join RC Discord (I had joined , but I think I'm not configured by admin.
Hi there! Unfortunately the game jam has already ended this year, sorry about that! For the past three years they've ran from June 30 to August 10th. We do occasionally run other events such as the Pixel Slam Jam and Iron Mapper, but there's no schedule for them.

Please make sure to link your Relic Castle account to your Discord account here. After about five-ten minutes, the bot should sync you into the server! Be sure to read the #info channel, and if there's any issues shoot us a DM on the server!

shadow.sulphor

Novice
Hi there! Unfortunately the game jam has already ended this year, sorry about that! For the past three years they've ran from June 30 to August 10th. We do occasionally run other events such as the Pixel Slam Jam and Iron Mapper, but there's no schedule for them.

Please make sure to link your Relic Castle account to your Discord account here. After about five-ten minutes, the bot should sync you into the server! Be sure to read the #info channel, and if there's any issues shoot us a DM on the server!
Yeah I know about the end of game jam this year , but you give answer for my question for next one(next year)

Deo

the north star
Administrator
Yeah I know about the end of game jam this year , but you give answer for my question for next one(next year)
We typically don't announce anything official until June, so I can't give an official confirmation if one will happen this year. Given that we've ran it every year the site has been up in the past though, it's a pretty safe bet. The requirements for the game jam will be posted when it goes up, so I can't confirm those either unfortunately. Typically we don't have registration or anything though, it's more of a "drop in and make a game" kind of event.

shadow.sulphor

Novice
We typically don't announce anything official until June, so I can't give an official confirmation if one will happen this year. Given that we've ran it every year the site has been up in the past though, it's a pretty safe bet. The requirements for the game jam will be posted when it goes up, so I can't confirm those either unfortunately. Typically we don't have registration or anything though, it's more of a "drop in and make a game" kind of event.
Thanks got everything I need..

Electric_man17

Social Media
I think that it would be a great idea if Relic Castle Admins can discuss about topics, have a conversation, ask your questions, and voice it all live. We can even listen to them on the Relic Castle Discord. That's my suggestion on why the Relic Castle Forums should have a podcast.

Sparta

Someone who does something.
To be honest, that doesn't sound like a reason why to have a podcast. That's more or less just an idea of what the podcast would be.

Admittedly, it'd be a cool idea if there were a way to do it, but the mods/admins do actually have lives, so it might not be easy to get them all together once a week. Even still, why have a weekly podcast where only four or five people talk about something when you can have a discussion thread or a huge voice chat and everyone can talk about it?

Yodelhoo

Catching wall bugs
Where is the save file in a game folder and what would it be marked as? I just want to know because I just completed a game and I am trying to get a badge.

Deo

the north star
Administrator
Where is the save file in a game folder and what would it be marked as? I just want to know because I just completed a game and I am trying to get a badge.
The file you're looking for is the Game.rxdata file, and it's located in your C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\GAMENAME folder. Let's plays and streams also count as completion.