Questions & Feedback Thread

Deo

the north star
Administrator
If you have any questions about the forums, how to do certain things, or if you have any feedback on what we could do to improve the forums, please let us know in this thread! The staff members or other knowledgeable members will answer your questions when they get a chance!

Dawn Bronze

Just wondering if it's okay to post a thread for your game projects before the site goes 100% public? I was going to post one for Umber if it's alright. Also, we post to progressing projects and then the thread gets moved if it meets the standards, right? I think that's how it works, but I couldn't see anything in the rules and I had the option to post straight to the showcase. Thanks! :)

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
I notice a little word counter at the bottom of the post box. Is there any persistence to this, like a word count high score board or would that be too easy for people to cheese by writing excessively long responses to random threads like I'm doing right now?

Deo

the north star
Administrator
I notice a little word counter at the bottom of the post box. Is there any persistence to this, like a word count high score board or would that be too easy for people to cheese by writing excessively long responses to random threads like I'm doing right now?
It's the word count of your post, nothing more.

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
Is there a required character count again?

Just tested and it looks like there isn't

Domiok

Local Goof
I have several quick questions.

1.) What does following a person do for you? Is it a way to get notifications for the content that the person submits, or is it a static way to show support for the person with no notifications involved? Or, is it something else altogether?

2.) What are the qualifications for the Streams tab, and how does a user post their stream for viewing there? I would like to include my stream up there if the tab is open for everyone. I'm unsure whether or not I would stream fan-game development content in the near future. At the very least, I would be streaming speedruns and maybe casual playthroughs for games.

Thank you!

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
1.) What does following a person do for you? Is it a way to get notifications for the content that the person submits, or is it a static way to show support for the person with no notifications involved? Or, is it something else altogether?
Here's some settings you can change to be only people you're following instead of any Relic Castle member:
  • Accept Conversations (Conversations are our new Private Messages)
  • View details on your profile
  • Post messages on your profile
  • Receive your news feed
  • Start conversations with you
  • So if you're interested in keeping your experience a bit more private, there's options.

2.) What are the qualifications for the Streams tab, and how does a user post their stream for viewing there? I would like to include my stream up there if the tab is open for everyone. I'm unsure whether or not I would stream fan-game development content in the near future. At the very least, I would be streaming speedruns and maybe casual playthroughs for games
You're pretty qualified just by being an active Relic member; you don't have to constantly stream fan game related content. Send your channel info (Mostly need the URL) to a staff member and we can add you to the list. the only issue I forsee is if you happen to have a very different username on the streaming site; we might ask for some kind of proof that it's actually your channel we're promoting.

It works with Twitch and YouTube and a couple other sites too so if you stream on a couple platforms don't be afraid to mention it.

Dragonite

I think I found a bug with the spoiler boxes:

Dragonite

We all had to make a new one for the new site.

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
Just a suggestion for something we could have. I saw it on another forum that uses XenForo, maybe we could have a thing on the sidebar of the main page with a feed of recent status updates? That way they'd be more open than something you'd have to look for.

electrium-z

Rookie
I joined through Discord at first, but then decided to join the forum-specific Discord today. Every time I try to join I'm removed from the server.

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
I joined through Discord at first, but then decided to join the forum-specific Discord today. Every time I try to join I'm removed from the server.
Signing up that way causes a weird bug with your Relic account. You're gonna need to un-link the Relic and Discord accounts, and then you'll probably have to make a new Relic password and re-link the accounts again. It should all work smoothly after that though!