v19.1 Custom Evolution Items

This thread pertains to v19.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

Ashtastic

Rookie
Hello!

After many hours of searching for guides, tutorials or anything on this subject, I cannot find out how to define a new item as an Evolutionary item.
I've tried searching around for the existing evolution items (Fire Stone etc.) but also to no result.
I've attempted to just add a line for a specific evolution method instead, directly calling for the item, but this also doesn't work (my game can't compile)

Attempt #1:
GameData::Evolution.register({
  :id            => :ItemSteeleon,
  :parameter     => :Item,
  :use_item_proc => proc { |pkmn, parameter, item|
    next item == :METALIZER
  }
})

This is what I've tried to add, Metalizer being the custom item I've added for it. I've made an entry for it using thesame values as the other evolutionary stones in the Items PBS yet none of this seems to help.

What am I doing wrong, and is there any way to see the old PBItems script again? Every guide I've seen has all the evolutionary stones defined there, which would make all of this a whole lot easier.

Thank you in advance <3

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
No need to create a custom evolution method, the Item method can be used for any item at all! Just set Eevee's evolution method to STEELEON,Item,METALIZER!

PBItems has been broken up into a few script sections now, what you're wanting to see in this case is Item_Effects-

1626815916763.png

You shouldn't have to define a new effect for the Metalizer, though, because if it's defined as an evolutionary stone, it'll automatically be given that handler. Have you tried compiling the game with just the Metalizer in your PBS and without the new evolution method?

Ashtastic

Rookie
This apparently was the issue, if I try to compile the game adding the Metalizer, with the evolution method, it crashes on compiling at the Evolution line. Adding the item first, then compiling and then adding the evolution method and compiling again seems to have solved the issue! Thank you for the help <3