Introduction Thread

feraligamer

Rookie
Hi everyone! Just joined in.

I entered recently on the pokémon fangames stuff when I discovered Thundaga's videos. Found this place when he spoke of you guys on the pokemon follow video.
I'm making a Gen IV game (HGSS style) and until now I'm having a lot of fun with it =D

Are there any tips or sugestions you guys would like to give me? Anything can be helpful.

Hope we can do well from now on and have fun making our games

BlackCatOfMisfortune

Developer on Pokémon Labyrinth
Yo i go BlackCatOfMisfortune although everyone just calls me BlackCat, I've been running with a concept for a fangame for about a year and a half and just at the end of last year started to put it into development, I'm an artist mainly specialize in manga
My favorite Pokemon media adaptation is the Pokemon Adventures series and I'm definitely a water type trainer
BlackCat out -

Natwentalie20

Cyndaquil Nat
Hello friends!

I'm Natwentalie20, or Nat! I first joined the Fakemon community a few years ago and have loved being apart of it! I mostly do artwork however I dabble in many other things, music, programming, spriting, meta work, story writing, everything! I hope to make a full fangame on my own someday, but in the meantime I would love to help others create and share their work!

Hope we can be friends!
~Nat

RaVeN_1515

Twitter: @RaVeN_1515
Hello! I'm new to relic castle, but not completely green. I've messed around with RPG Maker XP + Essentials on a Pokemon project for 5 or 6 years.

I took a break and got into creating textures players use for WWE games primarily for characters and mods, but I'm getting that itch for 2D design again.

I'm at the very beginning stages of development on a new project. It uses xp + essentials, but is not Pokemon related. I'm hoping to learn more while I'm here! 😁

Cryptochrome

Heretic
I’m obviously here because of my interest in fan game development. Right now the majority of my focus is on world building and character motivations, but I’m excited to learn more about mapping, events, and scripts in RPG Maker.

I’ve been reading a lot about cognitive science/theory of mind recently – including the study of philosophy, psychology, neuroscience, anthropology, and linguistics. Exploring these subjects has inspired me to be creative, and I hope to incorporate what I’ve learned into my game. I realize this will be challenging, but if I'm careful I think I can pull it off.

My first goal is to learn more about what goes into a fan made Pokémon game. To that end I’ve been looking at tutorials, all the great work others have put into developing their games, and I even joined the team working on an English translation of Pokémon Titan.

After that, my goal is to create a demo-sized “proof-of-concept” game. Hopefully that will solidify my understanding of RPG Maker and Pokémon essentials, and I’ll be able to fill in any mistakes or gaps in my knowledge from community feedback. After that, I will start my game!

Mynock

Rookie
Hi. New to Relic Castle and Pokemon fan games in general. Stumbled across some Youtube tutorials and it re-ignited my itch to make "games" again. I used to make missions and campaigns for the game Arma 3 a couple of years ago, for which I taught myself how to script in SQF from scratch with no prior knowledge of what a script even was. I enjoyed learning how to make things happen in Arma, so I'm looking forward to learning the Pokemon game making ways once RPGMaker goes on sale. Until then I'll continue learning as much as I can so when I do purchase it I'm ready to go.

I played Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow a lot during my childhood. I also played Gold and Silver, but not as many times through as I did the originals. As such, I'm a pretty big fan of the original 150, and to be honest I don't know squat about any Pokemon stuff beyond G/S. I also have zero artistic talent of any kind. So, any game I might come up with is likely to focus on the original 150 and common, classic themes. I think you guys out there who can keep track of the 600+ however many Pokemon there are now, plus make up new ones, are impressive.

Autumn Rain

Rookie
Hi everyone. I'm Autumn. I make sprites, artworks and animations using Photoshop CS6 Extended and MS Paint. I'm also experience in mapping and creating complex events with RPG Maker XP + Essentials. During the autumn season of 2015, I started to practice making different Fakemon Eeveelution sprites for a game I planned to make. I started my first project on May 2016, but I temporarily put it on halt as I was busy with high school. On July 1, 2017, I decided to work on a second project as I was inspired by the songs of a certain content creator on YouTube. From there, I became dedicated to work with RPG Maker and I'm able to help other fan game developers along the way.

Besides game development, I spend my time in Discord and Twitch welcoming others and having a good time with friends. ^^

Chalk33

Likes Pokémon Platinum too much
Hello, everyone! I'm Chalk. Not too terribly much to say, tbh. Been a gamer for quite a long while, primarily on Xbox and Nintendo systems. My first Pokemon game was Platinum. Big nerd for an assortment of other things as well (Star Wars, Lego, Transformers, etc). Currently in uni as an IT major, and very much enjoying it (technology is really stupid but it's still great). I'm sure there's more to say, but I'll leave it at that!

Hope to see everyone around! I'll likely join the discord server eventually, as I spend a frightening amount of my time on discord already, but I'd like to settle in first, lol.

MySummerJob

Rookie
Not good at introductions, but lets give this a try...

Hey, I've been a Pokemon fan for a long time (I turned 28 back in March so you can imagine how long I was a fan ;)) Anyway, I've enjoyed watching various content creators on YouTube play the many Pokemon fan games out there; which got me into doing the same thing (shoutout to HeroVoltsy for his annual FanGame recommendation videos (which helped me find this site)). Though, currently I'm limiting myself to Pokemon; I like RPG Maker (mainly horror) games in general. I tend to stream my playthroughs on Twitch, and then upload the VODs to YouTube.

Other than that... I love to be creative (Though, my focus is writing). Mainly I do short fiction, but hope to do long form soon (been working on a project for a while). I also like to work with poetry, and have even self-published a few poetry poems up on Amazon. However, I'm currently taking a break from writing. I'm not good at it, but I also like to mess with drawing (I find it fun), and sometimes do choppy short animations.

I enjoy anime, and superhero content (both DC and Marvel). My favorite genres of music are Punk and Alternative Rock.

If you have any question then don't be afraid to ask... I'm an open book (for the most part).

Kyevmu

Rookie
Hey all!

I haven't been to a new forum in years. I've been tinkering around with Pokemon Essentials and watching a ton of tutorial videos and things akin to making a fangame, and I'm hoping to jump into messing around with it!

It's always been a steep interest of mine to make a game for people to enjoy (Mario Maker 2 has been consuming a lot of my time), so I'm hoping to make some connections here and have some discussions!

XXTheMichelXX

The Bird Keeper
It's not really my first post but since I've not introduced me, I will do it now. As you all can see, my name is Michel It's actually a nickname which I made for me myself. This is was the first ever name I made and the reason why I use this nickname on internet because I like to be anonymous. Yep,
I want to become a anonymous hacker to help people on internet. Due to having interest on hacking, I've also got interest on other tech things programming, playing video games, etc. Programming is another thing which I really love. I've learnt few simple and basic programming languages like Python, batch, etc and I will soon learn Ruby for making RPG Maker XP scripts. For video games, it was the first ever thing I discovered and it's another thing which really love to play. They help me getting out of stress which always brings me smile and makes me nice on others. Other than tech, I love science! When I was a kid, I loved to learn about space. I often discussed with adults about astronomy. That's all, there are actually more things to say but that's enough.

Also, I'm sorry for bad English since I'm a student. But I'm trying my best to improve it. Thanks for reading!

endroll

maractus moment
hello, i'm endroll!

i've been a member on a couple forums before, but i haven't registered for a pokemon forum until now. i like replaying the pokemon games i have, but i wouldn't consider myself a diehard fan if that makes sense. however, i do like drawing and making sprite edits, so i'll probably post my artwork here eventually!
i've picked up some HTML and CSS awareness from my time on wikia (now known as fandom), but i'm really not a coder- i just like making signatures and messing around with my user page on wikia. the same goes for bbcode, ha! i recently bought RPG Maker MV while it was on sale, and i've been slowly learning to make games with its tutorials. i might try using pokemon essentials just to make a test project, since i have time over the summer to do so.

that's about it! feel free to send me a message if you'd like to talk!

Leondrea

Rookie
Hello, I'm Leondrea. I first heard of Relic Castle when I watched Thundaga's Tutorials about making a Pokémon Game on RPG Maker XP, he mentioned this forum and he talked so good about it, that I wanted to see it for myself. I'm new to all this fangame development scene and I am a Pokémon Fan for more than 20 years. As I started to watch Thundaga's Videos I have been able to buy RPG Maker XP and then I downloaded the recent version from his videos and started to messing a little bit up with Essentials. Now since then I love Essentials and I'd love to make my own fangame and I have just so many ideas of what my game could be and I'm here so I can share my ideas with you.

Its also a long time ago since I was active on a forum... Relic Castle caught my attention, because of the game jams, the badge earning system and the like, I really like to help people and even if I'm not good at mapping I really like to make custom NPC characters in my free time, watching youtube, and messing up with Essentials. Feel free to send me a message, if you want to talk.

CoumarineTrainerAndy

A Trainer from Coumarine City
Hi, I’m Coumarine Trainer Andy. I did Not do my introduction before so I’m doing it now. I’ve loved Pokémon for as long as I can remember. Years ago I got into making games and eventually Pokémon fan games. I learned using Thundaga’s tutorials but mostly just thought myself how to make games. I knew the relic castle game jam from thundaga and in the beginning of July I found out another one started, and I wanted to join it. So I started working on my first game, my first finished Pokémon game. Then I fell in love with Relic Castle and want to participate in as many game jams as I can and can’t wait for the next one!

Shadowtony

Rookie
Hello everyone! I'm Shadowtony or just Tony is fine too. I've had this account for a while but never used it, hopefully that changes from now on (better late than never, huh?).

I've been working on my project on and off (mostly off) for a while now. I'm excited to see what everyone else is up to, experience your great games and share ideas to help each other improve!

Kiiro

Rookie
Hello to everyone,
i'm Kiiro and i'm a big fan of pokémon games. Until now i played mostly hack roms for GBA but lately i can't find anything that can satisfy my hunger lol
So i decided to come back into fangames and here i am xD.

KennyCatches

Kenny#1407
Hey! I'm Kenny. I've been playing around with pokemon essentials for a while now but only recently joined the RC community. I love creating and playing pokemon fangames, giving feedback and just spreading positivity :) I'm currently playing through all of the game jam games and I'm trying to improve my pokemon essential skills so I'll be able to participate in the next game jam!

Girafarig

You Can Tell It's Mattel, It's Swell!
Hello! I'm girafarig (tho i also go by Nokocchii sometimes..)! I used to be big active on the old relic castle, but after the move i sorta fell off and stopped working on my game... Well! For the past month or so, I've gotten back into creating (starting from scratch because most of it is from freshman year of high school), and hopefully I can get to be active here on Relic Castle again! :)

CinnaDonut

#1 Empoleon Stan
Hello! My name is Cinna, you may also call me Chez. This is my first time using Relic Castle! I have been looking for an active Pokemon fangame community. PokeCommunity didn't seem too responsive... So, I thought I would try here! I started developing a fangame about a week or 2 ago now, and I'm really excited! I can't wait to meet new people, see others' work, and share my own!

LimaPro643

Rookie
Hey everyone,

I'm LimaPro and it's been a little while since I've been active in an online forum. Just joined Relic Castle because I have a bunch of art, ideas, and spreadsheets full of personal Pokémon fan game stuff but want to actually be working towards something tangible.

I've used Essentials for a bit in the past but now I have a MacBook, so I'm curious about the reliability of workarounds. I was the design lead for some game projects in college and I also compose music - excited to see what people are up to and learn some things!