Introduction Thread

System1500

#1 Lugia Fan
I found this site when I was looking where to download Pokemon MewYou (great fangame by the way!), and then found it on this site. After beating the fangame, I decided to make a account here to socialize with other fangame creators and Pokemon fans alike. I am a big Lugia fan as you can see, but I have recently starting loving Mew just as much as Lugia. I am also a Shiny Hunter, and have caught Shinies before. (As I write this, I am currently Soft Resetting in Ultra Moon for Shiny Mewtwo!)

In the real world, I am a nice and caring guy who has a soft side for Pokemon, my favorite Pokemon, and my loved ones. I am the type of person who is a great friend but also a great shoulder for crying on at sad times. I feel that my favorite Pokemon reflect who I am. Mew reflects the innocent and cute parts of me, Lugia reflects my strength (even though I am inactive...), and Mewtwo represents my rage whenever I do get angry or jealous.

Blue Vivillon

Rookie
Hello there :blush:.

I'm the blue Vivillon, cause I love this pokemon so much :heart_eyes:. My real name is Zaneta and you can call me so, hehe. Besides Vivillon I start to love pokemon fan games. Especially Dawn and Nightfall are amazing. But I love normal pokemon games too: X, Moon, Crystal and Yellow mostly. That's the reason, why I join this community.

Well, if you have more questions - so don't be shy to ask me.

Greets and hugs, Blue Vivillon.

xUMG

Elite Trainer
I guess I forgot to introduce myself!

I'm xUMG I was into playing Pokémon RomHacks and Fan-Games before I got into making my own games, before I discovered Relic Castle. I usually mess around doing nothing at the time until I discovered that I could try to be a developer, I still kinda lack a little right now probably need some good inspiration. That's why I decided to join a community like this, to inspire me to do more!

Thankfully I chose this community instead of others.

I'm bad at typing grammar puntionality.

Last edited:

Mewleon

The Nyoomster
Heya! I'm Mewleon! I found this forum through a small community discord and I might as well give this forum a shot! (I'm not a big forums fan but anyways )

Hmm..introductions, introductions..guess I'll make this one quick and in a "nutshell" type of thing. owo)

I'm currently working on a Hearthstone and Pokemon ccg online game which I've been working on for since July 2017. I also like to play TCG competitively irl and also very big fan of Pokemon fan games in general. Also irl I'm in my high school marching band and play French Horn/Mellophone. I'm also a current mod of a "big" ccg game fangame called Undercards, another Hearthstone themed fan game (based off of undertale.)

Ouroboro

Rookie
heya, i've been lurking the discord for a while and you may have seen me asking for advice too much. i play pokken tournament dx professionally as a professional esports kinda person but on the side i'm working on a project that's just a taaaaaaaaaaad too ambitious (you can guess it easily). i love pokemon games and fangames so eventually it got to the point where i wanted to make something truly amazing. that's about it!

Alex

Engineering Demigod
Hi y'all. I'm Alexander Nicholi, former fangame developer, retired ASMAGICIAN, and lifetime engineer (learner). I engineer software by trade, and more recently hi-rise architecture.

I used to maintain a ROM hack called Pokémon Citrite, which has since propelled me into managing a company called Arqadium, with Citrite shedding association and becoming a JRPG in preproduction. My latest step has been procuring office space, 'cause my apartment is a bit small! Thanks for reading.

darkmaster006

Rookie
Hello there! So, I am new here and thought I'd make a presentation thingy because why not? I am simply someone who likes playing Pokemon fan games. I also made some sprites years ago, and want to get into it again; into pixel art as a whole. Anyways, you'll probably see me lurking around the forums and spouting nonsense on the Discord. I would like to start making a game too, but only time will tell if my will is as strong as to withstand that (? Anyways, greetings and I hope to have a good stay here! Also, I think the site's design is really neat and super navigable, plus it doesn't strain my eyes like other sites, so whoever designed it, good job!

Taq

Sandwich Master
Oh what the hey? I never posted?

Anyways, I'm Taquilla "Takua" Studios. (Obviously a joke).
I love fakémon and things of that nature. I do a daily fact thing on occasionally and have been working on my own project for... Actually a couple years now. I don't want to fame or fortune, just make friends and make stuff for fun.

Tynit Atticus

Rookie
Hello. I'm Tynit Atticus. I'm a writer and a (very) novice Pokemon fan game creator. I'm currently the sole developer of Pokemon: New Identity, which is in the VERY early stages of development, but I'm about to bring on an artist and hope to bring on more members to the team soon. This seems like a very friendly and accepting community, and I'm happy to be here. Be sure to DM me if you want to know more or just talk!

leilou

Elite Trainer
Ok so after countless times of thinking to post something here I finally decided to really do it. My name is leilou and I actually stoped playing Pokémon around the age of 12 and didn't come back until oras came out. That game made me pretty nostalgic (Hoenn <3). So someday I went to Twitch and found xCamero(now called ThundagaStream) back when he was streaming Pokémon Tidal game creation. He motivated me to make a fan game and joining Relic Castle.

Since I always was into programming and the community here is pretty helpful I picked up scripting pretty fast. Although scripting is my forte sometimes I like mapping just for chilling, since it doesn't need as much concentration as scripting does and is therefore pretty chill(you'll see me enter iron mapper now and then).

Here on Relic I got feedback directly and indirectly(through weekly discussions e.g.) and got a better understanding of (Pokémon fan)game making. Plus participating in Game Jam had me go through some interesting experiences. It was stressful to get a game done with a deadline aproaching but on the other hand a great feeling having a game released and getting feedback on it. I also found 2 new friends in my team and that lead me to be part of a bigger project.

That beeing mentioned I don't go for beeing a game dev in the future ... I'm just doing this for fun at my pacing. But I try to show up here now and then and discuss stuff about fangames because it's always fun due to the positive and relaxed aura here.

stripes

Rookie
hello! I like art and I’m also one of those people who love plots like analyzing character arcs and looking for foreshadowing

and I guess it’s worth mentioning that I was interested in game design before but I never really pursued it, I might try my hand at it in the future, learn the ropes and stuff but for now I'm just here for the pokémon discussions

I'm more of a lurker but hopefully you guys will be seeing me around :)

rainbowbridge

Rookie
Hi! i'm rainbowbridge, but you can just call me Rainbow! i love animals, ALL animals, and hope to be an animal rescuer someday. I'm also a huge gamer, and love, love Pokemon. i play any kind of hack i can, although GBA hacks are currently off the table, due to me misplacing my DSTWO. My favorite RMXP hack would have to be Pokemon Uranium (so far).

Hi all, finally joined are lurking here for a long time. I’m a big fan of the Pokémon games and they played a big part in my childhood; I’d have to say that Gens 3 or 4 are my favourites, with 4 probably just about taking the cake in this case. My username doesn’t have any big special meaning, I’ve always been bad at picking them and so just wrote out the first good thing that came to mind.

I’m really interested in fan game development and love reading about and playing all the games people create and post here. I’m currently working on a project of my own, which I’ve been doing on and off for a good three or four years now, although I’ve started over more times than I could count. I also hope to compete in this years Game Jam if I have enough time to do what I want to do with it!

So yeah, hi :)