1. Hey Guest, from June 30th to August 10th 2017, participants have a little over a month to create a game. Check out the forum for more details!
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum Discussion' started by Deo, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Keileon

Keileon Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win dev member

Rawr.

I'm Keileon. I've also gone by Kiryu and Kudamon in the past, but I've been using this username or a variant (KudaKeileon) for a handful of years now.

I'm a freelance digital artist, a writer, a roleplayer, a furry, one of those insane people who strives for a living dex, and now a fangame dev.

Once I pull my fellow project leader here we'll probably set up a thread of some sort.

I don't talk much and often have trouble staying active in a new community (my life is busy enough as is) but I'll try to be active here~

Also, I love foxes and dragons.

2. nspectr

nspectr Rookie member

Hey, Im nspectr
    I'm an inexperienced game maker(been learning rpg maker stuff for like 3 months). I love Pokemon along with a few other Nintendo's games like fire emblem. I've had a game in the works for a while, but I don't want to give any details until it's further along. Its in my nature to not make a lotta posts but I'll make an effort.

3. Blue

Blue Novice member

Didn't realise there was an introduction thread! Alrighty then.

Hello folks my name is Ty (or Blue on the webz) and I stumbled in here after being given a crash course in the Essentials kit. I've had RPGMaker experience before so I'm pretty hype about giving this a go. After a little thought I already know exactly the game I want to make, which steps outside the usual grounds of a Pokemon title... so I guess I'll have extra work to do.

Will mostly be asking stupid questions and posting a bunch of UI/graphic sprite art.

Aki, Electiwirez, Sparkin and 3 others like this.
  4. Omegas

Omegas Novice member

Hello!
    As my username reveals, I am Omegas.
    I enjoy using relatively convoluted speech patterns even in casual conversation. However, I do not wish to come off as a show-off or pompous. Also, I am quite shy. I'm getting slightly antsy just typing this out. Despite this, I will join in a conversation, periodically.
    As for why I joined, I am currently in my teen years and I am hoping to get in to video game development sometime in the future. Upon discovering Pokémon Essentials was a thing, I hopped right in and started. After some trial and error, being hopelessly confused, and ,eventually, looking up tutorials, I managed to get started on the project I'm currently working on. The project, which I started roughly a few weeks ago, is somewhere between great potential, and potentially hopeless. However, I stumbled upon this community. After reading some of the posts here, I saw just how close this community is. Thus, I came here, seeking constructive criticism, some assistance, if necessary, and a community that I could bond with.
    Sorry if my post is a bit on the long side.
    I hope to see what wonderful projects everyone else has in store, and maybe bring some of what I can create to the table.
    Have a nice day!

Sparkin, Aki, Electiwirez and 6 others like this.
  5. 94lolface

94lolface Rookie member

Hey people from Relic Castle!
    I'm 94lolface and I'm a big fan of fakemon. I even like browsing through (preferably well made) fakemon pokedexes and try to think about how well those would do in the current Smogon 6v6 Singles format - as that's the main format I play when playing competitively.

I'm also theorizing my own fakedex together with that in mind, but not as main focus - that would be way too restrictive if you ask me lol
    Same thing goes for new abilities, moves, etc.
    However, I'm not just writing down data like stats, I at the very least want to have a rough idea on what I want the mon to be based on and/or some kind of concept to work with.

I'm writing all that stuff down on an excel sheet, since I eventually want to make them "come to life" in an own fangame.
    ...but that's for the future, a long way to go. Actual designs are needed + spriting them and all that good stuff. But as I said - stuff for the future!
    I don't want to rush this. Rushing things for no reason is never really a good thing, is it? :]

Overall I am just starting to get into RPG-Maker stuff and honestly am not very active person when it comes forums and stuff like that (I mean I was registered in the old Relic Castle too, but barely posted anything :P )
    However, I'm glad that I found this site and Pokémon Essentials as a whole.

Sparkin, Aki, Hematite and 4 others like this.
  6. Mashirosakura

Mashirosakura Novice member

Hi, I've been kind of quiet on the forums but active on discord. Anyone from there should recognise me! I'm just here to learn about making some fangames and stuff.

Taquilla, Sparkin, Aki and 2 others like this.
  7. WesKun

WesKun Rookie member

Hello to all the awesome people here in this community !

I'm WesKun, but you may call me wes, I mainly joined this community so I could learn and create my own Fan Game for Pokemon, as well as contribute to some factors that I would be able to provide in the future.
    and I'm currently developing a fangame called "Pokemon Celestia", I don't have a thread for it yet, but I will post as soon as I get a decent game.

Thank you so much for accepting me to this community and I hope we will all be able to learn new things together now, and the future.

CHEERS !

Sparkin and Aki like this.
  8. WolfHeretic

WolfHeretic Rookie member

Hello my username is Wolf Heretic and I am delighted to join such a dedicated community!

I became interested in making Pokemon fangames about a year ago and was able to find this website through the Thundaga YouTube channel, so I thank him for sort of making me aware this place existed.

I'm currently working on a somewhat small game for the third Pokemon Game Jam, hopefully I'll be able to complete the game in time. I'm looking to become more acquainted with stuff such as game mechanics, programming, and probably other aspects of game design I'm forgetting at the moment.

I'm open to working with others on projects if need be after the Game Jam, but if I'm being honest with myself I mostly do this in my free time to learn about new things in relation to gaming and in general have some fun. I want to have a positive impact on this community and I hope to be somewhat active in the future. Thanks!

9. RedLegend360

RedLegend360 Rookie member

Hi this account has two of us on it. We go by Canniboss and RedLegend and we are both from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. We have created an account a while ago, but didn't really understand how things worked on here or really how to use essentials and RPG Maker and would like to apologize for any inconveniences we have caused in the past. With that said we have been developing a marijuana based fan game for over a year now called Pokemon Cannabis edition and we are nearly ready to release our first Alpha through two gyms.

Electiwirez and Aki like this.
  10. DarkRaymond

DarkRaymond Rookie member

Hey,

I'm DarkRaymond and I'm from Germany. Therfore I'm not a very good english speaker/writer. But I hope you all will forgive me for my many mistakes.
    I'm here to find new persperctives into the Pokémon Games and to try out to help other people around here. I have experience in making games with the various versions of the RPG Maker and the wish to work more with Essentials Kit.

11. Cannaboss

Cannaboss Rookie member

Hi, I'm Cannaboss and I'm good friends with RedLegend who's also on here. I am from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota and I go to Saint John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota where I am studying Political Science in order to go onto law school and become a lawyer. I've been into fan games for a while now, but only recently did I start trying to make one. Nice to meet everybody!!

12. Wanap

Wanap insane dream member

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure I had an account here before but the system didnt find it when I tried to login. :/
    Anyway I'm an 18 yrs old high school student from Finland. I used to work on my game PCT (pokemon cursed time) a few years back until I lost my motivation but suddenly got it back today lol. I used to play League of Legends a lot but today I find it somewhat irritating and I wanted to spend my spare time doing something actually useful and be creative. I also enjoy editing a lot.
    Hopefully I can keep this motivation going since I really enjoy making my game and seeing other's works too. On a side note I'm very precise about graphics and I find mapping quite satisfying and fun.

Oh and I also own a switch and mk8dx ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  13. Dako

Dako Rookie member

Hello! I had an account back on the old forums in like, 2015, and only now have decided to make another account despite visiting this website a lot as a Guest. I like to stay creative in my free time, either doing some drawing or working on some writing, and I've on-again-off-again been working on a little Pokemon project for awhile. I more or less just do it for fun, but maybe someday I'll actually make something I get really into and want to share with you guys! Other than that, I like to play some games with some friends, like Overwatch or Garry's Mod.

14. Sableye

Sableye Pokémon Breeder member

I just discovered this fora yesterday after rediscovering pokemon essentials.

Sparkin, TechSkylander1518 and Aki like this.
  15. BenBattleSmith

BenBattleSmith Rookie member

I'm Ben. I'm also a dinosaur. (Not really but don't tell anyone that)

Tomix9tomix and Aki like this.
  16. BenderWaffles

BenderWaffles Rookie member

Hello all! My name is BenderWaffles. I have been involved with game development since I was about 8 years old (almost 20 years now...wow...I am old.) and have been involved with Pokemon fan games for a few years. I started with ROM hacking, and eventually moved on to using RPG Maker XP.

I actually teach game development and storytelling, in addition to all sorts of goofing off, over on my YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/benderwaffles . I have considered teaching some fan game creation stuff, but outside of a few speed development videos, I haven't done much in that regard.

Glad to be here!

~ BenderWaffles

17. Dragonite

Dragonite The cake is a lie, so give it to me member

I was wondering if you had/were going to make an account here. Good to see you!

BenderWaffles likes this.
  18. Beck

Beck Loser member

Hello! Checking back in, had an account on RC before the move, and frequent most other Pokemon community forums. Glad to be back around.

19. Myzma

Myzma totes a spy~ member

Hiyo, I'm Max. I'm just a really gay dork who collects tons of Pokemon stuff and loves playing Pokemon fan games and rom hacks.
    I've been to this website many times before, but I only made an account so i could maybe participate in Game Jam #4, and because Epic told me to.

20. mrw200

mrw200 Rookie member

Hey everyone I'm mrw200! I really should've introduced myself earlier, especially considering I've already released an entire game for the game jam. Anyway, I'm never terribly active on forums, so I'm likely to be lurking somewhere. I'm pretty comfortable with using rpg maker do and coding in general. Overall I just love the enthusiasm in this community and I'm happy to join it.