Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum Discussion' started by Deo, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Sparkin

Sparkin Another member

Sparkin
    Hello everyone, I'm Sparkin, just a wanderer who likes to play a few fangames.This is the first time I join on a relic castle forum, and, I got to say, when I compare both I see much improvement here.I don't have much to talk so Bye!

2. AtomicNinja

AtomicNinja Rookie member

Hey my name is AtomicNinja just joined not to old like most here but heard of this community through atomic reactors youtube channel,was watching his videos on making a pokemon game using rpg maker still progressing through his tutorials not a pro yet but hopefully i'll get there. I was inspired by pokemon fan games to start a project of my own but first have to learn so one day i may release something feel free to message me with any advice as any is alway's appreciated.

3. Grapz

Grapz Totally not slacking off member

Grapz here!

Been involved with game making for a LONG time, though only now am I aiming to get something fully made and released. (Though it is a slow and tedious process)

I actually rarely use Essentials, unlike others here. I prefer Game Maker Studio.

Been a member of Relic since early 2016 (I think) so I guess Im one of the older members? Im not sure how long RC has been a thing if Im honest...

4. Dragonite

Dragonite The cake is a lie, so give it to me member

Game Maker users, represent! I look forward to hearing about your work (and grilling you about implementations) in the future!

Tomix9tomix and Marin like this.
  5. Fallways

Fallways Novice member

Hi, joined the RC in Sept last year and am a very casual contributor (and even that is generous/boastful).

Enjoy seeing what others are working on, and learning by just trying things out.

Currently setting my sights low on a short story, with the idea being that I'll get something "finished", rather than planning anything too ambitious and abandoning it. Wish me luck!

6. Limesy

Limesy Socially Inept member

Hey all, I'm Limesy.

Usually just an anonymous onlooker, although I've followed the fan game scene off-and-on for few years - even got a project of my own I'm half-actively working on, as time permits.
    I'm love mapmaking and storytelling, I'm interested in learning scripting... and I abhor my lack of spriting skills.

I'm also a huge fan of seeing all you guys' projects, they really get me motivated to work on my own.
    Hope to get to know some awesome people around here - and maybe enter a competition or two!

Now, maybe I should get started collecting those fancy badges you seem to have lying around...

7. SirAquakip

SirAquakip Novice member

Finally was able to make an account! I'm excited to see what's going on with the new Relic Castle!!

8. Eevee

Eevee Rookie member

Hey, I'm Eevee. You might know me as Lycanroc from the old Relic or Pokecommunity. I like to play fangames and I'm also working on a project or two of my own. I'm normally up to chat, don't hesitate to strike up a conversation with me.

i'm lonely

9. CarrEternal

CarrEternal Rookie member

Holy Crap, so there's a new website... (finally got around to catching up on Atomic's YT).

For those of you who either don't know me or forgot me (I don't blame you it's been a while and most people probably try to forget me in the first place), My name is CarrEternal! but most people just refer to me as Carr. Way back in 2014/2015 I started working on a fan game in Essentials called Pokemon Ampersand. After several stop and go phases, and never actually getting a demo out, I quit working on the fan game all together around the time that Uranium was taken down (I'm sure we all remember that now don't we?), after all what was the point of putting hard work into something that would likely get C&D'd if successful, right? Well, recently I've had the urge to go back to working on my fan game because damn it, it's just fun to make fan games, isn't it?

So here I am, ready to reboot just like the forum did! Fresh spin on life! I look forward to chatting and working with all of y'all :D

10. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Cautiously Optimistic member

Hello everyone! I was a member of the old forum very briefly...I didn't do anything other than create an account really. I have creepily lurked on this forum and I decided "Hey, maybe I should actually participate in the community this time". So here I am.

I just started working on a fan game, like, 2 days ago. I have been wanting to develop my own fan game and I finally decided to get the ball rollin'. Hopefully I will have something to show off in the future!

Here's to a new forum and a great community! :)

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Epic, Aki, TechSkylander1518 and 2 others like this.
  11. Thursday

Thursday Rookie member

Old relic user here, just making an acc again. Will hopefully share what I'm working on when the time comes

Cilerba, Epic, Tomix9tomix and 3 others like this.
  12. Mozart

Mozart Annoying Twit member

Since people are still posting in this let's pretend I'm not stupidly shy and stupidly late.

Hi! I'm Mozart, your friendly neighborhood twit that likes Pokemon and really digs fangames. I figure since I get on fangame kicks so often I may as well join the place to see their development cause whyyyyyy not. I'm not a game-maker personally, can't edit or program to save my dang life, but I do like drawing (have on and off thought about getting into pixelling but not sure if I hate myself enough yet also how do you even start) and coming up with ideas so yeeeeahhhh.

13. Gawerty

Gawerty Rookie member

Hey everyone, Gawerty here, I go by Eclipse on PC and formerly was known as cgj back in 2009. I've been around both the rom hack and fan game scene since around April of 2009, however I haven't ever posted any of my own projects around the net, I do however still lurk around PC to this day and make post occasionally if something catches my eye!

Nice to meet you all! :)

14. Pixel Plant Zone

Pixel Plant Zone Rookie member

Hi everybody! My name's David, and my Twitch, Youtube, Twitter and everything else is under the name Pixel Plant Zone. I'm a graphic artist chipping away at a custom Fake'mon dex. I just happened upon this site while rifling through the #Fake'mon tag on twitter. You guys have a pretty amazing set of resources available here and obviously have a pretty tight-knit community. Although I'm only slowly chipping away at a rom hack to swap my Fake'mon into Fire Red, I think this place is awesome, and probably a great community to go to for help or to bounce ideas off of.

If anybody ever feels like joining me, I stream my Fake'mon designs (and current Create-A-Mon Nuzlocke) Tuesdays and Thursdays over at www.twitch.tv/pixelplantzone. Also, I love that you have community streams! I really enjoyed checking out LlamaMinister's scene spriting stream the other day. Thank you to everyone who worked on compiling all these resources and creating these forums. You obviously put in a lot of effort!

Tomix9tomix, Marin, Hematite and 6 others like this.
  15. lowellsh hicks

lowellsh hicks Rookie member

Hey Atomic Reactor I just joined Relic Castle today. I've always had a dream of a making a Pokemon fan game ever since 2014 and watched your tutorials on Youtube , but then I realized how hard it can be. I tried to find a team to help me develop my game (since I'm not good at making sprites ). I was even on a 30 day trial on rpg maker . So I went on hiatus, until I started playing fan games again. One game in particular (Pokemon solar light & lunar dark) boosted my motivation to make a fan game again, but I still don't have a team. Atomic reactor could you please give me advice on making a team or improving my spriting skills.

Tomix9tomix and Epic like this.
  16. Vin_Prism

Vin_Prism A glimpse into Eternity. member

Good evening folks, Vin here. English is not my native language, thus I'msorry if I make any mistakes. I joined Relic Castle back in Spring and I'm happy it has updated itself with fresh graphics and optimized coding. I'm sure it will continue to be a nice place that supports creativity and discussion. I'm a plotwriter, character designer and mapper. The project I'm involved in is not Pokémon-related anymore, but I'm still interested in the fangame community, and what it has to offer. Thanks for reading and have a nice day c:

Tomix9tomix, Fontbane, Aki and 4 others like this.
  17. BlasterMillennia

BlasterMillennia Rookie member

Hi all! I'm BlasterMillennia, rejoining the new Relic Castle after having registered on the old forums about a year ago. Since 2006 I've wanted to add my own features and twists to a Pokémon game, and I've now become a software developer, so I'm really looking forward to a great fangame-making experience!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  18. DJTiki

DJTiki Rookie member

Hello, everybody!

My name is DJTiki, retired fan game developer, no longer a Gallade, and content creator extraordinaire (but not really). I think I was part of the first batch of members who joined Relic Castle when it was first created. It was a really fun time, but life got in the way, and so I had to leave. Ended up connecting out in the world and expanding my horizons beyond game development. Glad to see the forums up again with a fresh coat of paint. I probably won't be posting much myself in terms of what games I would make but I always love seeing what everyone's up to. At the very least, I might edit and make videos or whatever, since that's my passion in life now. Seeing the journey that fan game developers have taken over the course of the last three years has been almost staggering. It's not in my position to say something, but I am very proud of every last one of you for keeping the dream alive. Not many people do it when faced with adversity or take-down notices by Nintendo but that's beside the point . If you guys ever need anything, whether its VFX, Graphics, or a means to aid in promoting your content, always just an ear-shot away. :)

I love you.

19. Dr. Pikachu PhD

Dr. Pikachu PhD Trust me, I'm a doctor. Technically. member

Hello!

I'm a content creator, I've been working on my fangame for about 2 years now. Progress is slow because I'm also studying at uni, but I'm a decent chunk of the way through development. I am a frequent person on PokeCommunity and the Pokemon Essentials Wiki, but I had no idea these forums existed until now! Relic Castle comes across as a very professional and active environment, so I'm very glad I discovered it and I'm excited to begin participating as a member. Thank you for reading! ^.^

20. Electiwirez

Electiwirez ~Electiwirez~ member

Hello! I am a retired fangame developer. I used to be on the old reliccastle. Some of you may know me. I'm mainly a scripter and composer. Currently not available to help on any projects. I'm here to check out some of the new games that fans are coming up with! Maybe I'll be sharing some of my music here also. Fangames have come a long way, and I'm really happy to see the community growing bigger! That's all for now, thanks.