Introduction Thread

Duo

Funky Kong for Smash
Hello! My name is Duo, on some other sites DuoM2. Fangames have been a minor interest of mine for some time, enough so that I've made one of my own that I finished a demo for but abandoned immediately after. I did hear about this place through a friend a while ago though, but as of recently I basically realized that I can play fangames on my new-ish laptop, which is why I joined. I am interested in seeing some of the stuff that other people have come up with even if I doubt I'll make another fangame.

Beyond that, I do have some very amateur experience coding for a private Pokemon Showdown server and also compete at Smash Ultimate tournaments, currently one of the better players at my college. I'm in school for programming but am currently not very far in that, I'm just taking my intro to C++ class this semester. As my signature currently says, I'm also a staff member for two forums at the time of posting this.

Either way, I likely won't end up posting here very often but still look forward to using this forum!

JPA93

Rookie
Hi, I'm JPA / Jonathan and discovered Relic Castle shortly after finding out that Pokemon fangames were a thing in June of 2021. What a goldmine! Many of the fangames spoke much more to me than the recent official games and I was amazed by the creative and artistic talent among developers. While it was sometimes sad to see a promising project abandoned, the ones that pulled through and finished their passion project gave me even more joy and motivation. Without the pressure of appeasing a certain target audience, releasing a game in a specific time-frame or meeting profit goals, true beauty could be achieved. The intelligence and kindness I've seen from fangame developers and artists since then has been inspiring.

Stumbling upon Infinity's Discord server a month before its public release and becoming a beta tester + Discord mod / Senator / big brain was and is another great experience within the community and Infinity remains my favorite Pokemon game, fan-made or official.

While I feel like I'm 10 years or so late to the fangame party (turning 29 this year), I'm still very much looking forward to being part of the community and might even plan a project of my own at some point, if motivation and time allow it.

Outside of playing fangames in my pastime, I'm a professional Magic the Gathering player and law student based in Berlin, Germany.

Kind regards

Cibryll

The Aeonian Twilight
Hiya~!
I'm Cibryll. (Pronunciation: "Cib" is like the "sib" in "sibling", "ryll" is like the "rill" in "drill".
I am a huge lover of cats, and I have a cat by the name of Genna. She turns 16 on 10 September this year. :3
I enjoy playing video games of many kinds, including fan games. I also love watching anime (especially Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!) and listening to music (mostly from video games). I also spend time working on mods for the freeware Cave Story. Sometimes with my girlfriends. I also enjoy playing chess.
I tend to be quite verbose (so walls of text may appear on occasion), and also over-creative, I guess? (I have like a lot of ideas for fan Yu-Gi-Oh! cards or for fan Pokémon or moves or abilities or regions or whatever else, but usually can't do much about those, other than putting those in a file on my PC, haha.)
For several years, I've loathed myself, but it wasn't until August 2020 that I started to accept myself for who I was, and I'm hoping to make up for the many mistakes that I've made since February 2012. (I won't elaborate on it here.)
I tend to be silly most of the time, but I can be serious at times.
My favourite colour is sky blue, followed by black.

My favourite types are Ghost and Poison, but my favourite Pokémon is Pikachu.
(Funny we don't have like a "favourite type" sort of profile field here, but oh well.)

I don't know what else to add here, haha.

TheSnoopyMan

Many ideas, no motivation
Hello there!
My name is Snoopy (that dog from the comics)
I am a fan of Nintendo, Pokemon, and Pokemon fan games. Funnily enough, although I just made an account here, I have been waddling around the community since about 2018. Back then, I had discovered Thundaga's channel, and was ecstatic to discover I could make my own Pokemon. However, I never got to get RPXP until 2021, as I was flat broke and also still a kid. Fortunately, a found a sale for the game on steam for, what was it, three dollars? Anyways, I started messing around with it, and then....stopped. I don't have any idea why, but now I am back and ready to officially state myself to the world of Fakemon! I already have an idea of what I want to make too!

And yeah, my favorite pokemon is Greninja and I love water types. I'm also a suckered for th gen 4/HGSS style.

Also, happiness is a warm puppy!
Goodbye!

Pandappuccino

Resident Ambivert Panda
Hello, everyone! I'm Sami (you can call me that, Panda, or...whatever you want, really), I've been a Pokemon fan since the days of Gen 2 (my very first game was Crystal, and Totodile will always have a place near and dear to my heart), and I've had an idea for a fangame itching away at the back of my mind for the last few months. I had the tools to start making it a reality, but I wasn't sure how to go about with it; then I stumbled upon Relic Castle, and seeing how expansive this forum is and how much help it could be, I'm looking forward to exploring and seeing what wonders I can work using Pokemon Essentials!

I'll likely be popping into the forum with questions or to just share any kind of progress I've made, big or small, but I hope to get feedback and maybe even some inspiration with it!