Introduction Thread

CinnaDonut

#1 Empoleon Stan
Hey everyone,

I'm LimaPro and it's been a little while since I've been active in an online forum. Just joined Relic Castle because I have a bunch of art, ideas, and spreadsheets full of personal Pokémon fan game stuff but want to actually be working towards something tangible.

I've used Essentials for a bit in the past but now I have a MacBook, so I'm curious about the reliability of workarounds. I was the design lead for some game projects in college and I also compose music - excited to see what people are up to and learn some things!

I was wondering if it's still okay to use Essentials? I've been using Pokemon SDK because I thought Essentials was banned... Is Essentials easier to use?

LimaPro643

Rookie
I was wondering if it's still okay to use Essentials? I've been using Pokemon SDK because I thought Essentials was banned... Is Essentials easier to use?
I'd never actually heard of SDK before - I believe I'd seen download links for Essentials here but I'm also wondering what people here use/what's best currently. I haven't used Essentials since 2017 and my old Windows laptop

SirMalo

Novice
Hi everyone!

SirMalo here. I'm a French maker, also known as Speed or Speedialga. I've been using RMXP to create Pokémon fangame for more than 13 years now, and I mostly do graphics stuff (sprites, fakemon, tiles and maps). I'm also working on the graphic part of PSDK.

I joined to share my experience, pieces of advice and creations with all of you :)

IRL I'm a 26 y-o lawyer who lives in southern France.

See ya!

Armin

破壊の神
Hi! You can call me Armin. I'm attempting to make my very first fangame, and this forum and all its resources are a godsend for me. Seeing all the amazing stuff posted here makes me extra inspired! So... thank you! I hope to learn a lot and maybe make some new friends too! ^^

TheGreninjaxxu

Rookie
Hi! My name is TheGreninjaxxu, and I'm here to post fangames, discuss with other developpers and have a nice time with you. I hope you're convivial with the newbies and you'll read this thread. 🙂

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I'm French.

TheGreninjaxxu

Rookie
Hi everyone!

SirMalo here. I'm a French maker, also known as Speed or Speedialga. I've been using RMXP to create Pokémon fangame for more than 13 years now, and I mostly do graphics stuff (sprites, fakemon, tiles and maps). I'm also working on the graphic part of PSDK.

I joined to share my experience, pieces of advice and creations with all of you :)

IRL I'm a 26 y-o lawyer who lives in southern France.

See ya!
Nice to meet you! Bienvenue!

Vlamingo200

Toxricity Enthusiast
Hello! I joined this website in hopes to kickstart my fangame the right way. I hope to learn a few new things along the way, since my experience with RPG Maker is close to zero.

When I am not working on games, I draw and write stuff.

PokeHunter

Rookie
Hey everyone, names Jordan been working on a Pokemon game in my spare time as well as watching tons of tutorials xD. I am a very small time youtuber and streamer and was thinking of posting videos of me building my game if I can figure out how to do it properly. really looking forward to learning lots and meeting you guys!

White_Noise

Rookie
Hi, I'm Noise, my icon is a picture of my kitten, and I'm a lapsed C++ programmer and writer. I love pokemon, I've dabbled in a million things, and quarantine is making me chase a million projects in a desperate attempt to eke out a modicum of dopamine from my stressed an exhausted brain.

So I started getting serious about a game idea I've been thinking about for years in one way or another. As a kid it was my dream to make a fangame or a rom hack, and now that I've got nothing better to do* and half a comp-sci degree, three quarters of a creative writing degree, and a smattering of digital arts classes I took for the hell of it, I can give it a shot! Fun fact, I'm running RMXP on a windows xp virtual machine on my 7 year old mac laptop, because I couldn't get wine to work.

*I absolutely have better things to do, but I don't want to do them so they don't count.

White_Noise

Rookie
Hey everyone,

I'm LimaPro and it's been a little while since I've been active in an online forum. Just joined Relic Castle because I have a bunch of art, ideas, and spreadsheets full of personal Pokémon fan game stuff but want to actually be working towards something tangible.

I've used Essentials for a bit in the past but now I have a MacBook, so I'm curious about the reliability of workarounds. I was the design lead for some game projects in college and I also compose music - excited to see what people are up to and learn some things!
I'm using a windows VM to run RMXP and essentials, it runs quite nicely for me! Feel free to dm me if you want information :)

PokeHunter

Rookie
Hi, I'm Noise, my icon is a picture of my kitten, and I'm a lapsed C++ programmer and writer. I love pokemon, I've dabbled in a million things, and quarantine is making me chase a million projects in a desperate attempt to eke out a modicum of dopamine from my stressed an exhausted brain.

So I started getting serious about a game idea I've been thinking about for years in one way or another. As a kid it was my dream to make a fangame or a rom hack, and now that I've got nothing better to do* and half a comp-sci degree, three quarters of a creative writing degree, and a smattering of digital arts classes I took for the hell of it, I can give it a shot! Fun fact, I'm running RMXP on a windows xp virtual machine on my 7 year old mac laptop, because I couldn't get wine to work.

*I absolutely have better things to do, but I don't want to do them so they don't count.
Welcome to the forum, also new here and learning as I go. Lots of good people on this forum if you ever need any help with anything!

Xyphien

Rookie
Hello everyone :) I'm new here. I honestly have no idea what this site is, I randomly got here after looking up Pokemon Essentials for RPG Maker. I was wondering if non pokemon games but pokemon style games are allowed here as well. I'll be browsing and trying to see what exactly this forum is about and everything.

A little about myself. I'm 27, own my own company and use to own a xenforo site as well with a little under 40k members. Some of you may know me if you're into rpg maker, I owned the largest rpg maker mv forum out there for a few years there :) I make websites, board games, and about to try and make a unique pokemon style game using pokemon essentials (that will be completely non-commercial) just for fun :)

TAStar81

Rookie
Hi im TAStar18. Since I have not introduced myself yet. then it's probably time for me to do it. I have been a fan of pokemon for many years. And I've always wanted to make a pokemon game. Now in these quarantine times, I have finally had time to start making a game. I have followed several forums in RC and many of the game developers both on twich and Youtube. Now I have started a game based on Norse mythology. which happens after ragnarok. Now i hope to get some help. I also hope to make new friends in the Fangame community. Hope you alle have a nice day.

Sploopo

https://media.tenor.co/videos/3f874de06ecf0ac6b153
Hi. I'm a guy who's trying to develop a good and complete fangame near-solo (with the help of a few spriters.) It's planned to be like your average (good) Pokémon fangame... except the entire game is based on absurdist in-jokes from a Discord server so nobody outside the server will probably be able to fully appreciate it. Eh, hopefully it'll be good anyways. I might develop an actual game after that, though, so look out for that one. (And the one I'm developing now if you're brave enough.)

Crono099

Novice
so im back after a 2-3 year hiatus and im going to rebuild my pokemon game from 17.2 in 18.1 first problem is i still want to plant apricorns and get a apricorn tree(like berry bushes) and get 2-3 apricorns back. time to find the help section

GreenDragon224

Rookie
Welcome to Relic Castle!

At Relic Castle, our goal is to provide a community where you can discuss, play, critique, and create Pokémon fan games. We strive to offer a warm, welcoming place where constructive criticism is valued, tutorials and resources are plentiful, and you ultimately feel at home! We believe that by promoting a friendly, tight-knit atmosphere we can make the fan game community a better place for newbies and veterans alike.

Whether you're here as a player of fan games, a developer of them, or someone just diving into them, we hope you see Relic Castle as a second home. Each and every one of you is important, and we encourage you to interact with other members of the forums and make some new friends.

With all that said, please feel free to register if you haven't already, and start off by introducing yourself in this thread! We'd love to get to know you, and once again, welcome to Relic Castle!
Hi guys, I just joined today and I’ve been working on my first Fangame project for a few months. I have loved Pokémon since I first started playing Pokémon Diamond. If you are reading this I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to check out my threads.