Introduction Thread

CinnaDonut

#1 Empoleon Stan
Hey everyone,

I'm LimaPro and it's been a little while since I've been active in an online forum. Just joined Relic Castle because I have a bunch of art, ideas, and spreadsheets full of personal Pokémon fan game stuff but want to actually be working towards something tangible.

I've used Essentials for a bit in the past but now I have a MacBook, so I'm curious about the reliability of workarounds. I was the design lead for some game projects in college and I also compose music - excited to see what people are up to and learn some things!

I was wondering if it's still okay to use Essentials? I've been using Pokemon SDK because I thought Essentials was banned... Is Essentials easier to use?

LimaPro643

Rookie
I was wondering if it's still okay to use Essentials? I've been using Pokemon SDK because I thought Essentials was banned... Is Essentials easier to use?
I'd never actually heard of SDK before - I believe I'd seen download links for Essentials here but I'm also wondering what people here use/what's best currently. I haven't used Essentials since 2017 and my old Windows laptop

SirMalo

Rookie
Hi everyone!

SirMalo here. I'm a French maker, also known as Speed or Speedialga. I've been using RMXP to create Pokémon fangame for more than 13 years now, and I mostly do graphics stuff (sprites, fakemon, tiles and maps). I'm also working on the graphic part of PSDK.

I joined to share my experience, pieces of advice and creations with all of you :)

IRL I'm a 26 y-o lawyer who lives in southern France.

See ya!

Armin

Rookie
Hi! You can call me Armin. I'm attempting to make my very first fangame, and this forum and all its resources are a godsend for me. Seeing all the amazing stuff posted here makes me extra inspired! So... thank you! I hope to learn a lot and maybe make some new friends too! ^^