Ulix Dexflow (fan)game framework
- May 20, 2021
Dexflow is a framework for building (fan)games inspired by the Pokémon series of games.
As with any Ulix framework, Dexflow expands Ulix' functionality with features usually found in these kinds of games.
The framework falls under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license. Any used assets and libraries fall under their own respective licenses.
After lengthy development, more and more of the core systems in Dexflow have been implemented and are in desperate need of feedback. You can play around with Dexflow and even make a complete fangame with it. Dexflow is currently in unlabelled alpha and is undergoing heavy changes. When creating your own work using the framework we heavily recommend keeping to our release schedule:
- Create your own awesome world and explore the power of LDTK tiling.
- Add new battlers for players to discover and find.
- Make your own 3D animations for your battler's attacks in the particle editor - no artistic skill required!
- Populate your world with friends and foes.
- Fine-tune encounters for the perfect game balance.
- Create cinematics with dialogue and events.
- Equip people with sophisticated behaviours. Pkmn centres, shops, gyms etc.
- Overhauled UI.
In general, you should definitely join our Discord for any questions and, perhaps more importantly, suggestions! The framework is incredibly fresh and your feedback will have a definite impact on the final product!
We offer very little documentation as of now. If you want an introduction, need help, or have any questions, you should hit us up on Discord! We regularly introduce new people to the framework, so please do not hesitate to ask. :-)
If you have any suggestion or issue, please post on Discord and/or make an issue on Github.
The discord server contains a download link to pre-compiled binaries for your operating system.
Editing the world is done via the editor program LDTK.
When building your game in Dexflow you should include the following credits.