Released Pokémon Black Widow Version

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
Hey everyone. I’m brand new here and have just “completed” my first fan game. I put completed in quotes because it’s not 100% ready. I have the game portion all done, but there are still some things that need attention. The biggest thing is that I made some fakemon starters. They are the only fakemon in the game and they still need the sprites done. I have not had anyone else play test my game so before I call it complete I will need some of that as well. The story is done but since the game isn’t full release ready I will call it a beta on first release. Expect more from me on this game in the near future as I compress my file and upload the link. I will post more details on the game in a future post.

If you would like to help, click this link to see how. https://reliccastle.com/threads/4015/

This game was created with Pokemon Essentials v18.1.

In Pokemon Black Widow Version, you are an 18 year old boy or girl that gets your first Pokemon in the Arachno Islands. The Arachno Islands are a group of 9 islands in the middle of a sea, 1 central island and 8 outer islands. Throughout your journey you will encounter a wide variety of characters, Pokemon, and the notorious Team Venom. Travel around the region training your Pokemon and catching new ones. Collect the 8 gym badges before taking on the Elite Four.

Some unique features include:
A brand new island-based region
Each island is its own biome with unique Pokemon.
There are Pokemon from Gens 1-8 in the game.
8 custom gym badges
3 Fakemon starter lines
Some items and moves are obtained in traditionally abnormal places in the game.
New items
Unique puzzles throughout the story

Credits
Pokémon Black Widow Version

Created by Prodigy3332

Some Pokemon and Trainer images from Bulbapedia.

Thanks to Bulbapedia for constant reminders
and me checking in to make sure of things.

Thanks to Thundaga for his video tutorials on Youtube.

Thanks to the Thundaga discord for answering my questions along the way.

Special Thanks to HeroVoltsy
You got me back into Pokemon and inspired me to go out and create a game.

{INSERTS_PLUGIN_CREDITS_DO_NOT_REMOVE}
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
help-14<s>Rataime
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
Luka S.J.<s>
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Attachments

• splash.png
    splash.png
    71 KB · Views: 5,876
  • Trainer Card.png
    Trainer Card.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 209
  • Gym.png
    Gym.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Cave.png
    Cave.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Arachno Islands Map.PNG
    Arachno Islands Map.PNG
    61.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
If you need someone to play test the game let me know and I could do it for a few hours if your interested.

Prodigy3332

Novice
(Old link)

This should be a link to a compressed file. Please let me know if it doesn't work or please let me know if you run into any bugs while playing. For now the starter's pictures are just stock images. They are filler for now until we can get the artwork done. They are just in there to make sure some things work.

Last edited:

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
Can I have the debug version of the game to see all the maps. I probably won't have the time to play through the whole thing. In your 1st town I have seen some issues though.

Error Lake.png

1. In the 1st town I would get a rid of the pond tiles and just use the lake ones. Having them mixed doesn't look good.
2. Rename the Title of your game. To do that go to game change folder name. You don't want the same name as default essentials as people already have a file of it on there computer.

Screenshot 2021-06-26 104310.png

3. Add better music than default essentials music.
Use this is you want music from the official games.

4. Your 1st map was pretty boring with house after house.

In all I like what your fakemon look like. I hope to see them in sprites soon. If you need help fixing some maps I would be glad to help you.

Prodigy3332

Novice
(Old link)

Already found a couple bugs. They have been fixed and here is the new link.

Last edited:

Prodigy3332

Novice
Can I have the debug version of the game to see all the maps. I probably won't have the time to play through the whole thing. In your 1st town I have seen some issues though.

View attachment 4959
1. In the 1st town I would get a rid of the pond tiles and just use the lake ones. Having them mixed doesn't look good.
2. Rename the Title of your game. To do that go to game change folder name. You don't want the same name as default essentials as people already have a file of it on there computer.

View attachment 4960
3. Add better music than default essentials music.
Use this is you want music from the official games.

4. Your 1st map was pretty boring with house after house.

In all I like what your fakemon look like. I hope to see them in sprites soon. If you need help fixing some maps I would be glad to help you.
1. I was trying to use the calm water as the tiles that are surfable and the moving water was the "sea" beyond the borders. Food for thought I will look into.
2. Thank you I didn't even know that needed changed/was a thing to change. Done, will be in next update.
3. Thanks for the link, I wasn't sure where to get music as I did a lot of things just from watching Thundaga's Youtube videos.
4. I guess I was trying to make the bottom of the map be the housing district of the town and the business stuff farther north.

Lord Lucario 35

Cooltrainer
Could I have the debug folder of your game, so I can add speed up to the game. It will be faster that way.