Dev Kit Pokémon Essentials GSC v1.3 + Discord Server

This is a development kit that can be used to create other types of projects.

Which kind of font do you prefer?

• A) GSC default font + capitalized text

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • B) Updated GSC font (less wide and more aesthetic than A) + non-capitalized text

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Project Status
Released
Project Version

Zanark

Rookie
Love this pack! Can finally make my own version of some of the best games ever :P

...after I get over my addiction of making gen2 fusions :3

Prosciutto

Working on a pokemon game again.
This is a really cool pack but one thing i've noticed is that the names of locations dont show up even tho i've set the ShowArea to true in the map's metadata. It just simply shows up as blank instead of for example "Route 1". This only happends with maps i create and not with the maps that come with the pack.

RisingShinnx

I come from Nightmare Enterprises
This is a really cool pack but one thing i've noticed is that the names of locations dont show up even tho i've set the ShowArea to true in the map's metadata. It just simply shows up as blank instead of for example "Route 1". This only happends with maps i create and not with the maps that come with the pack.
You have to compile first, then it shows up

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
Any way to make a .gif animate in the title screen?
It shows the image, but it doesn't animate

Takoto

Artist
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the best place to offer, but I have a handful of devamp/Gen-2 style Pokémon sprites I created for some Gen 6 and 7 mons if you're looking for more Gen 2 style sprites! I was going to ask on the Discord but it looks like the most recent link has expired.

Rhatios16

Novice
would anyone know how to add battle backgrounds, i keep getting a black background when i set it up in metadata.

PokeBreederTony

Rookie
I have a problem adding the kit to my game. Can someone show me step by step how to add the GSC kit to my game. Thank you.

PokeBreederTony

Rookie
would anyone know how to add battle backgrounds, i keep getting a black background when i set it up in metadata.
You don’t add the kit to your game, you start with the kit and edit it, just like standard Essentials.
Ok I understand. But when I downloaded and extract it, the file it turned out like this. I’m assuming I did something wrong right.

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 89

A.I.R

From a separated Universe
Ok I understand. But when I downloaded and extract it, the file it turned out like this. I’m assuming I did something wrong right.
You need winrar. Or other unarchiver which supports
.RAR archives.

Fredblade

Rookie
Sometimes when I TM a move to a Pokemon (ex. Draining Kiss to Pikachu) it randomly forgets the move while I travel through the overworld from time to time.
Also when I use FLY on the Otto region it messes up and instead only allows me to fly to ankto, but the map shows the otto region.