v19.1 encrypting my game causing no text

This thread pertains to v19.1 of Pokémon Essentials.

Takashii

Rookie
Hello!
Today i tried to figure out why my game lost its text for pokemon names, items moves etc. after encrypting the game files.
without encrypting my files the texts stay, but after everything is gone.

Things i tried:
added the pbs folder back to the encrypted game folder, nothing.
used clean version of essentials v19.1 transfered all my stuff into it, tried encrypting. same problem.
tried to encrypt essentials v19.1 (base without modification) the error is the same

is this a problem on my end?
because it loads everything from message texts to tilesets and sprites but not the god damn texts for pokemon, items and moves :D

Last edited:

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
You mean the .txt files in the PBS folder? Those are just there to make things easier when editing- the actual data for them gets saved in the .dat files, so it shouldn't be a problem if the PBS folder isn't in your encrypted game, the game will play fine without them. (It is weird that it's deleting that automatically as it encrypts, though, it's been left in the resulting folder in the past, and I didn't see anything in the changelog about changing that)

Takashii

Rookie
I didn't saw that too.
It's weird.
The thing is, with the normal game not encrypted, everything worked as it should..
but after encryption it looks like that:

riseproblem.png
riseproblem2.png

and i can't figure out why. tried everything, internal rpg maker encryption (nope) and the rpg maker encrypter of Zeriab from rpgmakerweb.com

### EDIT ###
Picture 2 is fixed.
The error with picture 2 was a rename of the encrypter, because I'm German and used the "ẞ" in a tileset name, which got changed to a "?"..
So I changed the tileset name in the graphics folder, before encryption, and now it worked.

The error with the first picture is still there.

Last edited: