Feedback Screenshot Showcase

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
I have found a way to keep Pokémon family-friendly while simultaneously making a location based around Atlantic City.

Edit: forgot about this bit.

Forgive the jpegginess, Twitter is weird like that.

Deo

the north star
Administrator
I've been editing default Essentials because Essentials GS is seriously outdated. Still need to figure out how to remove the shadows from regular textboxes and make the text pure black.
One way you can do it is make the shadow the color of the textbox. Looks good though! Party screen looks awesome my dude.

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
One way you can do it is make the shadow the color of the textbox. Looks good though! Party screen looks awesome my dude.
Oh man, that's so simple yet so genius. I don't know how I didn't think of that. That would make my life so much easier. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you liked it.

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
It looks really lovely! I especially love the grass tiles (it's a nice way to be orderly and still look natural) and how the trees have their darker patches between them (clearly marking off areas and looking more like a forest), they both enhance the gameplay and overall aesthetic!

Wanap

insane dream
It looks really lovely! I especially love the grass tiles (it's a nice way to be orderly and still look natural) and how the trees have their darker patches between them (clearly marking off areas and looking more like a forest), they both enhance the gameplay and overall aesthetic!
thanks a lot! :) the character ows may need some adjustments but great you still liked it.

Streetie

Novice
Been messing around with the Battle Command buttons to try and get something unique, and wanted some feedback on what I've made so far. I've included pictures of each button highlighted and of none of them highlighted. I'd love to hear some thoughts!
*image*
The battle buttons look really good! I don't see anything weird that shouldn't be there. Great job!

*image*

Decided to go for hi-res graphics for my game. It's from the 1st route, any feedback is warmly welcome ;)
I love the style of your game! You don't really see many fangames with such a style. All elements belnd really well together and I'm looking forward to see more from your game!

This is screenshot is taken when the player traverses a haunted tower during an optional quest, where the light of the Litwick's goes out when you walk past them. Please let me know what you think of it!

Wanap

insane dream

This is screenshot is taken when the player traverses a haunted tower during an optional quest, where the light of the Litwick's goes out when you walk past them. Please let me know what you think of it!
thanks! that screen looks quite good, it definitely feels like an old haunted house. those litwicks fit there really well too.

kirlial

Novice

I love the concept here, litwick's providing an ethereal light can certainly provide a sinister atmosphere and the blue lights on the screen look really good. The litwick sprites are also good. The tileset itself is fine but doesn't lend to much to the atmosphere, if you could find a bedraggled red carpet tile, that would look great.

I like the speech bubble appearing, it's a good effect though I'm not sure on it's placement. Maybe it could overlap slightly less with the player or be slightly less transparent? Still good all-around.

Streetie

Novice
I love the concept here, litwick's providing an ethereal light can certainly provide a sinister atmosphere and the blue lights on the screen look really good. The litwick sprites are also good. The tileset itself is fine but doesn't lend to much to the atmosphere, if you could find a bedraggled red carpet tile, that would look great.

I like the speech bubble appearing, it's a good effect though I'm not sure on it's placement. Maybe it could overlap slightly less with the player or be slightly less transparent? Still good all-around.
Thanks for the feedback! I have made a new version of it with the improvements you suggested and I must say, it really amplifies the atmosphere, so thank you!
I managed to move the speech bubble a little, but I don't want to move it too much as it might meddle with other event.

Anyway, this is how it's right now.

MrJediMan

Pokemon and Pop culture Enthusiast
Id like to post these simple interior tiles that i made a long time ago. There are not many. But id like to show them off.

Streetie

Novice
Hey there!
I've been working on a cave concept and I'd like to show the final concept with the following screenshots.

The idea is that you can change the color of all the crystals in the cave by interacting with the large crystal you see there. If the color changes, so do certain warps as they will now warp you to a room with more crystals of that color. It sounds a bit vague, but in my head it's a bit clearer. So to completely navigate through the cave, the player needs to change the color of the crystal and maybe find an item he needs for a part of the cave with another color.
Edit: I finished all the colors and changed the lighting, so I changed the screenshots accrodingly

Last edited:

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
I think that's a really cool idea! The crystals look so beautiful, too! I think the only thing I would suggest is maybe brightening up the cave just a bit. (or just the area around the player) I know the glow of the crystals needs to shine through, but it's really hard to see the player standing there on the darker colors, and that might make things a bit tricky.

Mr. Gela

Elite Trainer
A little something I've been working on for the past two weeks: Two-Sprite Animations !

Currently I've only done custom animations for Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Lapras and Raichu, as they all cover every special feature the sprite animations seem to have in Gen IV, those being "change angle" (Lapras), "flash in a particular color" (Raichu), "move around" (Mime Jr.) and "wiggle it's width and or height" (Mr. Mime, Bulbasaur...). If you know of other stuff these sprites do let me know! I haven't noticed anything else yet.

They are super simple to script, Mr. Mime took about ten minutes. I just wipe a GIF from Heart Gold as a reference, and go from there.

Bulbasaur and Kakuna share the same animation. Whenever I don't specify/code a special animation for a particular species, it will play the same one as Bulbasaur's (so Kakuna, and other 400-something currently play the same animation) until I create a custom one for each.

Challenges:
- There's a whole lot of species to animate
- For Gen V sprites, I'm either not making a second sprite, or assembling a custom one using their sprite parts and some creativity
- Fixing a couple small battle oddities
- Backsprites should also be animated

Wa (inhales) Hee !

Dawn Bronze

@Aki I think you've done a lovely job with the houses, they give me this really earthy feel that I also got from playing the Mystery Dungeon games. I really think this captures how a town build by Pokemon would be like, feeling more natural and rustic. I'm also a huge fan of the lineless style you went for, super cute!! However, there are a few points I'd change a bit. Firstly, while the buildings look round as a whole, parts of them seems to have straight lines? I'm not sure whether or not this was intentional, but I think I'd either smooth them out completely, or make the straight lines look less perfect to tie in with the rustic and natural tone of the tiles. The other thing I'd change would be to up the brightness/saturation of the floor tiles. I get that they're background elements, but they just look a little dreary and not as cute as the rest of the spritework!! Overall though, I think the style of this project is really cute, and I can't wait to see where it goes!!

Lately I've been working on a rather large update to a certain past project of mine. Here's the updated battle scene from it!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Kawaiiski

Starving Bittersweet Artist
Lately I've been working on a rather large update to a certain past project of mine. Here's the updated battle scene from it!

Let me know what you think!
The options menu are a little bit too light, and maybe unsaturated? It looks pretty good so far, though!