Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1

Resource Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1 v1.0.4

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User submitted a new resource:

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19 - Generation 8 Scripts, PBS, Sprites, Cries and more, all formatted for Essentials v19

f2jp-TJ74-Fq.gif
mlq0-MMBlga.gif

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19
Generation 8 Scripts, PBS, Sprites, Cries and more, all formatted for Essentials v19

Overview:
Essentials did bring some great improvements such as performance boosts through mkpx-z, customizable event sizes, customizable controls, HTTPS support, and...

Read more about this resource...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User updated Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19 with a new update entry:

Bugfixes and More

• Bugfixes:
    Fixed crashes with the Behemoth moves
    Fixed TRs being unusable
    Fixed Ball Fetch and Gulp Missile causing a crash
    Fixed Dragon Darts hitting after the target has fainted
    Fixed Chewtle having 550 HP
    Fixed Tart Apple name and Description
  • Changes:
    Applied all fixes from the v19 Hotfixes v1.0.6
    Added 2 new issues under "Known Issues". These will be fixed in due time.
    Sprite renamer is now in the Debug menu and doesn't run when compiling.
    New trainer character naming format...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ZeDivingDutchman

Novice
Hey! For some reason my game seems to pull these graphics in fights, instead of the EBDX graphics. So, the graphics named BULBASAUR etc. get pulled instead of 001 etc. What do I do?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Hey! For some reason my game seems to pull these graphics in fights, instead of the EBDX graphics. So, the graphics named BULBASAUR etc. get pulled instead of 001 etc. What do I do?
This is normal EBDX behaviour. It prioritizes Internal Name sprites over numbered sprites. Looks like you skipped the FAQ, in which this has been covered.

ZeDivingDutchman

Novice
This is normal EBDX behaviour. It prioritizes Internal Name sprites over numbered sprites. Looks like you skipped the FAQ, in which this has been covered.
I read this part a bit too quickly: " Ideally it won't be a problem. Since EBDX code prioritizes symbolic names first"

I thought symbolic was with numbers, and didnt finish reading the sentence.. My bad, yes, but thanks anyway for answering, Good Sir/Madam!

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Damien117

Rookie
I've been trying to manually change the pokemon battler positions in the essentials debugger, but I keep getting this error message.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.0.2]

Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 83, key WildItemUncommon
STICK

Backtrace:
368:Compiler:331:in `checkEnumField'
368:Compiler:307:in `csvEnumField!'
368:Compiler:506:in `block in pbGetCsvRecord'
368:Compiler:398:in `each'
368:Compiler:398:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
369:Compiler_CompilePBS:414:in `block (3 levels) in compile_pokemon'
369:Compiler_CompilePBS:398:in `each'
369:Compiler_CompilePBS:398:in `block (2 levels) in compile_pokemon'
368:Compiler:134:in `block in pbEachFileSection'
368:Compiler:106:in `block in pbEachFileSectionEx'

I only have the Follow Me Ex installed aside from this btw.

If anyone knows a fix for this or another method to adjust battler positions, it would be much appreciated.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I've been trying to manually change the pokemon battler positions in the essentials debugger, but I keep getting this error message.

Your issues comes from the fact that you decided to only install half of the project for some reason. You're still using the default Gen 7 pokemon.txt that comes with Essentials v19.

Damien117

Rookie
Thanks for the reply, I checked the file again and you were right, my pokemon.txt file was back to its default file. I had installed everything correctly before but it turns out that whenever I change the battler positions in the debugger my pokemon.txt file reverts to its previous state.

Not sure why it keeps reverting but I'll keep messing with it for now.

Lucidious89

Novice
Thanks for the reply, I checked the file again and you were right, my pokemon.txt file was back to its default file. I had installed everything correctly before but it turns out that whenever I change the battler positions in the debugger my pokemon.txt file reverts to its previous state.

Not sure why it keeps reverting but I'll keep messing with it for now.
Probably because you're playing on an existing save from prior to installing, and didnt recompile your game. So your saved species data is still that of your previous PBS file.

I'm not sure why your game isn't just auto-compiling after changing your files anyway, but forcing it to compile with CTRL on startup should take care of that.

HomelessCradily

Rookie
I'm having a weird issue, I've installed everything correctly, but the Galar Pokémon don't appear to exist at all within the game?? The Alola and Kalos Pokémon seem to work perfectly, the PBS files seem fine too and I've started new games a bunch of times aswell.

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out compiling it again fixed it.

OrionCaelestis

Rookie
Anyone know where this "FAQ" is I'm suppose to have read? I read the documentation on the EBDX page, and I'm seeing no FAQ here. So, either I'm missing something or I'm dumb. Told I ignored the FAQ when asking about floating sprites, and yet I found nothing in EBDX Docs about it other than the file it uses to determine X and Y coordinates. If that EBDX Documentation doesn't count, then yeah I haven't read the FAQ and would like to know where it is.

Lucidious89

Novice
Anyone know where this "FAQ" is I'm suppose to have read? I read the documentation on the EBDX page, and I'm seeing no FAQ here. So, either I'm missing something or I'm dumb. Told I ignored the FAQ when asking about floating sprites, and yet I found nothing in EBDX Docs about it other than the file it uses to determine X and Y coordinates. If that EBDX Documentation doesn't count, then yeah I haven't read the FAQ and would like to know where it is.
Idk, there's a pretty thorough FAQ directly in the instructions of this resource.

grogro

Novice
I know this may be something obscure but this error happens when a trainer tries to use Mindblown, the signature move of Blacephalon. It works fine in wild battles, it's just an AI issue.

Attachments

• Blacephalon_error.PNG
    Blacephalon_error.PNG
    76.3 KB · Views: 113

HeroWither

Rookie
I added this to my wip game, and then I crashed when picking up a Pokeball.

[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 3 (coords 27,42), map 32 (Osis):
Exception: Encoding::CompatibilityError
Message: incompatible character encodings: ASCII-8BIT and UTF-8

***Full script:
pbItemBall(:POKEBALL)

Backtrace:
006:Intl_Messages:730:in `gsub!'
006:Intl_Messages:730:in `block in _INTL'
006:Intl_Messages:729:in `each'
006:Intl_Messages:729:in `_INTL'