Feedback Project Sandbox

I think seeing the resurgence of a team is an interesting idea, but I think that the team's goals should be changed, or narrowed down a bit. I don't think there's anyone out there that genuinely believes in a complete absence of rules. Like, this team has to have a problem with murder and theft, right? Because otherwise, they'll be fighting to let people have the right to kill them or steal from them. I don't think anyone's really willing to do that.

Fighting against a rule system could definitely still work, but there's kind of a problem in finding a system for them to fight against. Most of what we've seen in the Pokemon world doesn't really demonstrate a strict government, considering all the wandering the player is allowed to do. You could easily create some more rules for them to fight against, but then it's kind of weird to make them the villains-I can't think of many rules you could add that wouldn't impose unfair restrictions, personally.

How does opposing rules factor into the story? Is it a major point, or is the important part the structure of the team?

boris_morris

Novice
My game's first "route" is a burned tower that is supposedly haunted. I'd like to place a boss of sorts at the top of the tower, but I'm struggling to come up with an appropriate boss since the player's pokemon should only be level 5-10 at this point, and let's be honest, a level 10 gengar seems a little silly.

The options I've considered so far:
1) The tower isn't populated by ghosts at all, rather rattata and koffing, until you reach the top and encounter a single duskull (not a super scary boss, but a level-appropriate ghost nonetheless).
2) Tower populated by shuppet and duskull with a low-level banette, dusclops, or drifloon at the top (don't love the idea of a level 12 duclops)
3) Tower populated by shuppet and duskull with a low-level spiritomb at the top (I HATE this pokemon, but it does seem the most appropriate situationally)
4) No ghosts and the ghostly cries come from something else like whismer, drowzee, or wobbafet
5) Fakemon boss (probably just a generic ghost resembling pre-silph scope cubone's mother in RBY)

I'd like to save the gastly line, cubone, and sableye for later in the game. Any thoughts on low-level bosses?

Ooh, that sounds like a fun first route!

I would say toss out option 1, because going back to the standard Rattata just doesn't feel right when you're coming up with a creative setting like this. And it sounds like you're not really interested in making Fakemon, so I'd scrap option 5, too. Option 4 could be interesting, but I think it'd be better accompanying the ghosts rather than replacing it.

With deciding the boss, are you looking to do something like the tower ghost, where the player can't capture it? Or are you doing something like the red Gyarados, where it's more like a rare Pokemon you have a special chance at catching? If it's the latter, I feel like a Litwick could work nicely for the position (especially since you mentioned it's a burned tower), but that definitely wouldn't work for the former.

boris_morris

Novice
I’ve decided to make the tower have a short story that sort of unravels as you discover clues on each floor. The first floor will just be rats and kind of have the “see I told you, nothing to be afraid of” moment before discovering a clue (a diary or something) to tell us that maybe there’s more truth to the tales than some believe. Then maybe my clumsy partner accidentally opens a secret passage to get to the haunted parts previously sealed and forgotten for centuries. Duskull/shuppet will populate the upper floors eventually leading to either a drifloom or litwik (Great idea, Tech. I think you got me to something here). I like the idea of spotting the litwik briefly on each floor and following it up like a will-o-wisp or dead light leading me to some goal or unfinished business it’s living counterpart had.

Kasai-Wizard

Novice
I'm planning to create a game with a big map and story how should this be carried out? Should it have strong characters with overused back stories or characters equal to the player with really unique back stories?

I'm planning to create a game with a big map and story how should this be carried out? Should it have strong characters with overused back stories or characters equal to the player with really unique back stories?
Forget the characters for now. All games start with an idea that is usually unique. This idea is what you develop the rest of your game around. Do you have this idea? If not.. That is your first priority. For example last year I had an idea for a group of pirates in search of a giant squid. From there I started to develop my game around that central idea. As you develop your game that central idea might end up being changed/altered to match your new thoughts. But everything starts with that idea. (Big Map and Story does not count... Be more specific!!)

Pokémon Shiny Island
Hei guys, I wanted ti create a game where the mai character Is a pirate, and has to Explore some Island. The First two or three Island are Just routine for a pirate: search Gold and others thing like that... But in an exploration we came in contact with a Legend: the exsistance of an Island where all the Pokémon are Shiny. When we arrived at this Island, we find on them normal Pokémon, but at a certain point we finally Discover the Shiny Pokémon and why we haven't see them at First. I can't add anything ti avoid spoilers. I think that all the Island on this game will have something characteristic: all alolan Pokémon, maybe I Will add on other Island other custom alolan forms for some Pokémon that don't have one(such as Butterfree, Darmanitan or others), i Will add trainer on the First two islands and maybe out rival would be someone of another pirate's group that want to Discover Shiny Pokémon too. The game will last about 2 or 3 hours... What do you think?

Last edited:
Pokemon Ignite
Story: You wake up at(whatever time you are playing the game), and arrive early to get your first Pokemon. The Professor gives you two extra because of your eagerness to start your adventure. (I won't spoil the rest of the story, just wait until it is done)
This game will have twelve gyms and 6 Elite four. It won't be as hard as Pokemon Reborn but it is not going to be easy.
Will add more things later
and please subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Link:My Youtube channel