Feedback Project Sandbox

The thing is: theres no fun in just walking for a reward, no matter how easy that is. Even more if it required to go back a lot, or go further, to get your reward. It could be interesting if you aplied it and tested for yourself to see where the player would be when he finish the achievement. You can test it with Johto Blaziken map pack (although I don't know if everything is connected). Start to count from where you feel like starting the achievement and see how much time it takes to complete it just walking as you would normally in the game and only using bicycle when he should be allowed to use it (acording to how you see in your game). If you plan to put it your game, I suggest that you place the "reward box" near to where the player is ready to pick it up. Not like Cherrygrove to Violet City, then I put the reward in Olivine City.
Don't forget, when you give the player a low level pokémon, he still needs to train it to catch up with the others pokémons in his party. You probably should see how it goes too. Not everyone is whiling to grind, even less in fangames.

Here's the project by Johto Blaziken: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=408137
To track steps, use the control variable in a common event with the parallel trigger. Remember to set the steps to zero before you start tracking.

I would also mention the pokéwalker, but I can't see a good way to express the "do any physical activity (not actively playing for rewards) and get something at the end of the day" for a fangame.
Well this is all for the optional National Dex Quest line. There really is not a need to grind to make these Pokèmon party members by this point as you have already beaten the game and completed the postgame. They are largely just for the dex entry. By then you will have the XP Share (All) and any training you need to do will be super easy. You obtain your rewards either from the rewards screen or from the trainer that gave you the task. And you are not just "Walking for a reward" you have to catch new Pokèmon species aswell. The idea being by the time you catch your Pokèmon you got your steps in. I will be sure to give the Johto Blaziken Map Pack a check. Thanks!!

And in this case the Professor is stationary at his mobile lab so you just end up back at the same spot when you are done and get the next task. Complete all the tasks and you will be rewarded with a complete National Dex. (Assuming you choose to go down this path)

Not to mention that the Professor is stationed on the island where you go to capture these Pokèmon so you really do not travel far at all!

chikorita

Novice
Life goal is to make a phone app that basically does what the walker does, you'd have to take the fan game out of it if you didn't want to risk having it getting axed from the play store though. Ehh.
And since the pokéwalker featured "walk for energy", why not make phones have "take out of your pocket and put it back again into it"? It would be funny to see an add for it.

chikorita

Novice
You can also use the step count on D/P/Pt with the pokétch if I'm remembering right. I guess thats easier to get a better feeling of it.

Since it's just a post game thing, lets see how it works there. Also, you may want to check Ethereal Gates as it features both fakemons and regular pokémons. The way they made it work together was by re-spriting the regular ones in a way that it fits with their own style for fakemons. You can see a sneak peak of koffing here.

You can also use the step count on D/P/Pt with the pokétch if I'm remembering right. I guess thats easier to get a better feeling of it.

Since it's just a post game thing, lets see how it works there. Also, you may want to check Ethereal Gates as it features both fakemons and regular pokémons. The way they made it work together was by re-spriting the regular ones in a way that it fits with their own style for fakemons. You can see a sneak peak of koffing here.
While id be cool to undertake a mass re spriting of all Gen 1-5 Pokémon, it is too much work for me at my current skill level. This is my first attempt at a fan game and I am still completely new to spriting and game design as it is. Maybe in a future custom Pokémon game. :D

Had an idea for making different forms for Lunatone based off of the various moon forms. This would be kinda what Lunatone (Full Form) would look like. Next to the original Lunatone how does it look?

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
I've just gotta say, seeing two eyes on the full moon version has really made me realize how creepy Lunatone is.

Nice sprite! It looks so much like a puffin that I don't really see it as a pokemon design...is it suppossed to be in a sitting pose?
Not really... But I see where you are coming from! Probably will make some changes so it looks like it is standing upright. I think at least for my first go around at making a Pokémon game I am trying to at least make my sprites resemble the animal they are based on. Maybe when I get more advanced I will change it up. Thanks for the feedback!!

that map is hugely busy. be careful with all of that gating and if hoenn was received poorly from all of that water, then that makes it worse.
Thanks for the feedback! I can see where you are coming from with it being busy. It is 29 Towns/Cities on 20 Islands. With my region based on an island chain there isn't much I can do about the amount of water. My games are meant to encourage exploring with lots of places to see and visit. The majority of the islands are in close proximity to one another so you will spend the majority of time on land anyways.

This is what the water starter is probably going to look like.

And this is probably something like what the baby Puffin Pokémon will look like.