Feedback Project Sandbox

I think that works pretty well! I would just suggest to have some way of reminding the player where they can pick up their reward, like a quest log of some kind! (Pokemon Present has a system where information from characters gets put in a special pocket of the bag, you could try that!)

I think that works pretty well! I would just suggest to have some way of reminding the player where they can pick up their reward, like a quest log of some kind! (Pokemon Present has a system where information from characters gets put in a special pocket of the bag, you could try that!)
Perhaps something like the route/town or city you found them at??

Also worked on naming the locations in my game as well as naming a few of my fakémon (Only 32 so far). Feedback?

1. Quincy
  2. Citron
  3. Garnet
  4. Pomelo
  5. Zaffre
  6. Icterine
  7. Nyanza
  8. Carmine
  9. Cyclamen
  10. Claret
  11. Feldgrau
  12. Stizza
  13. Glaucous
  14. Ecru
  15. Iris
  16. Keppel
  17. Mindaro
  18. Honeydew
  19. Mulberry
  20. Ochre
  21. Persimmon
  22. Burlywood
  23. Redwood
  24. Phlox
  25. Atlantis [Below Sea Level] and [Above Sea Level]
  26. Fulvous
  27. Umber
  28. Rosewood
  29. Wisteria
  30. Cerise
  1. Patchling (Monkey) [Starter]
  2. Patches (Monkey) [Starter]
  3. Patcharoo (Monkey) [Starter]
  4. Kefir (Lion) [Starter]
  5. Kimba (Lion) [Starter]
  6. Kasar (Lion) [Starter]
  7. Vortex (Polar Bear) [Starter]
  8. Cyclore (Polar Bear) [Starter]
  9. Maelstrom (Polar Bear) [Starter]
  10. Lumbrica (Earthworm)
  11. Terrestra (Earthworm)
  12. Pharocity (Pharaoh Ant)
  13. Laggadin (Snail)
  14. Tuttle (Sea Turtle)
  15. Leatherby (Sea Turtle)
  16. Rill (Razorbill)
  17. Crandall (Razorbill)
  18. Beatling (Beetle) (Baby Beetle)
  19. Ringle (Beetle)
  20. Starkey (Beetle)
  21. Milly (Short Eared Owl)
  22. Millicent (Short Eared Owl)
  23. Milligon (Short Eared Owl)
  24. Pufflet (Puffin)
  25. Puffling (Puffin)
  26. Puffle (Puffin)
  27. Buzzlee (Common Wasp)
  28. Buzzle
  29. Stinger (Common Wasp)
  30. Noragon (Norse Dragon) [Legendary]
  31. Kraken (Squid) [Legendary]
  32. Leucolia (Pied Faroe Raven) [Mythical]

Perhaps something like the route/town or city you found them at??
Yeah, I think that'd be pretty helpful!
Also worked on naming the locations in my game as well as naming a few of my fakémon (Only 32 so far). Feedback?
Those town names look pretty fun! I feel like a lot of them have that vibe where it feels like a generic town when you just read it in that context, but then if you look closer, you can see the theme of them!

It's a little hard to tell what I think of the Fakemon names with just the inspiration behind them, but they mostly sound pretty good to me! (I'm loving that pun with Pharocity!) The few names I would consider editing are those that are shared with an existing term, like Kraken, Patches, Stinger, Maelstrom, and Vortex. (And maybe Puffle, too-it's not a real-life word, but it's already heavily associated with Club Penguin) They're not bad starts for names, but it ends up feeling a little awkward to have an unchanged word used for a Pokemon name rather than a combination of words/pun.

Yeah, I think that'd be pretty helpful!

Those town names look pretty fun! I feel like a lot of them have that vibe where it feels like a generic town when you just read it in that context, but then if you look closer, you can see the theme of them!

It's a little hard to tell what I think of the Fakemon names with just the inspiration behind them, but they mostly sound pretty good to me! (I'm loving that pun with Pharocity!) The few names I would consider editing are those that are shared with an existing term, like Kraken, Patches, Stinger, Maelstrom, and Vortex. (And maybe Puffle, too-it's not a real-life word, but it's already heavily associated with Club Penguin) They're not bad starts for names, but it ends up feeling a little awkward to have an unchanged word used for a Pokemon name rather than a combination of words/pun.
I knew Puffle sounded familiar!! Thanks for the name suggestions! I will look into possibly changing them. I ended up adding 18 more Fakémon to the list. Now up to 50 Fakémon and probably will cap it there.

Fakémon
  1. Patchling (Monkey)
  2. Patches (Monkey)
  3. Patcharoo (Monkey)
  4. Kefir (Lion)
  5. Kimba (Lion)
  6. Kasar (Lion)
  7. Vortex (Polar Bear)
  8. Cyclore (Polar Bear)
  9. Maelstrom (Polar Bear)
  10. Lumbrica (Earthworm)
  11. Terrestra (Earthworm)
  12. Pharocity (Pharaoh Ant)
  13. Laggadin (Snail)
  14. Tuttle (Sea Turtle)
  15. Leatherby (Sea Turtle)
  16. Rill (Razorbill)
  17. Crandall (Razorbill)
  18. Beatling (Beetle) (Baby Beetle)
  19. Ringle (Beetle)
  20. Starkey (Beetle)
  21. Milly (Short Eared Owl)
  22. Millicent (Short Eared Owl)
  23. Milligon (Short Eared Owl)
  24. Pufflet (Puffin)
  25. Puffling (Puffin)
  26. Puffle (Puffin)
  27. Buzzlee (Common Wasp)
  28. Buzzle
  29. Stinger (Common Wasp)
  30. Elkling (Irish Elk)
  31. Elkirish (Irish Elk)
  32. Hedgeling (Hedgehog)
  33. Minkling (American Mink)
  34. Minkle (American Mink)
  35. Froedle (Frog)
  36. Fulming (Fulmar)
  37. Fulman (Fulmar)
  38. Ternling (Tern)
  39. Kibbling (Rabbit)
  40. Kibbit (Rabbit)
  41. Oyo (Oyster Catcher)
  42. Oister (Oyster Catcher)
  43. Noragon (Norse Dragon) [Legendary]
  44. Kraken (Squid) [Legendary]
  45. Name Here (Golden Eagle) [Legendary]
  46. Name Here (White Tailed Eagle) [Legendary]
  47. Name Here (Black Kite Eagle) [Legendary]
  48. Name Here Tanngrisnir (Goat) [Legendary]
  49. Name Here Tanngnjostr (Goat) [Legendary]
  50. Leucolia (Pied Faroe Raven) [Mythical]

Just finished the first draft of the main story quest tree. It has 90 quests in total as of current spread out over 30 towns and cities on 18 islands. I think it turned out great!!! Still need to add the rewards in for the new quests but so far the plot of the game is coming together nicely. Also still working on the side quests. Overall: Progress!

BIGFriv

People call me adorable for some reason.
I hope an almost year-later reply isn't too awkward? I was looking through the thread and saw you never got a response!

I think it's a really interesting piece of worldbuilding! (I especially the love the connection of the runes and language!) The only thing I saw that confused me was that it said the Pokemon was born into this world and bound to it, but it's "not originally from this world"? (There was some other stuff about how specifically the runes worked, but I figure that would be explained more in-game)
Oh, thank you for answering : o
About the Pokémon, it is originaly from another world. But cant leave the world it is currently residing in.
How to explain this, let's say that in world A, a Pokémon was created, it is part of that world, and the method to create it was written in a book.
The whole idea of that pokémon would be that it in a way, represents war and desctruction, but only in that specific world.
Somehow that book ended up in World B, and someone tries to recreate that Pokémon exactly the same way that is mentioned in the book, but it doesn't quite work, as the concept of war and destruction are different in that world.

What we end up having, is two creatures, one in World A, one in World B, but both were created with the same rules.
The one in World B should exist, it could exist, if it was created specificaly in the way that that universe allows it, but as it was created following the rules of World A, the creature doesn't really feel well because of it.
It's bound to World B, but the original idea of what it should be, didn't come from World B. I'm bad at explaining.

Oh, thank you for answering : o
About the Pokémon, it is originaly from another world. But cant leave the world it is currently residing in.
How to explain this, let's say that in world A, a Pokémon was created, it is part of that world, and the method to create it was written in a book.
The whole idea of that pokémon would be that it in a way, represents war and desctruction, but only in that specific world.
Somehow that book ended up in World B, and someone tries to recreate that Pokémon exactly the same way that is mentioned in the book, but it doesn't quite work, as the concept of war and destruction are different in that world.

What we end up having, is two creatures, one in World A, one in World B, but both were created with the same rules.
The one in World B should exist, it could exist, if it was created specificaly in the way that that universe allows it, but as it was created following the rules of World A, the creature doesn't really feel well because of it.
It's bound to World B, but the original idea of what it should be, didn't come from World B. I'm bad at explaining.
Sounds interestingly fun!

Rewards aside, Are these postgame achievements more reasonable??

(Completionist I) Reward:

(Completionist II) Reward:

(Completionist III) Reward:

Sightseer:

(Walk 1 Step) Reward: 1 Potion

(Walk 10 Steps) Reward: 1 Pokéball

(Walk 100 Steps) Reward: Pichu (Egg)

Jogger:

(Walk 1,000 Steps) Reward: Igglybuff (Egg)

(Walk 10,000 Steps) Reward: Cleffa (Egg)

(Walk 20,000 Steps) Reward: Azurill (Egg)

Traveler:

(Walk 30,000 Steps) Reward: Bike Voucher

(Walk 40,000 Steps) Reward: Mantyke (Egg)

(Walk 50,000 Steps) Reward: Smoochum (Egg)

Adventurer:

(Walk 60,000 Steps) Reward: Chingling (Egg)

(Walk 70,000 Steps) Reward: Budew (Egg)

(Walk 80,000 Steps) Reward: Tyrogue (Egg)

Voyager:

(Walk 90,000 Steps) Reward: Bonsly (Egg)

(Walk 100,000 Steps) Reward: Togepi (Egg)

(Walk 110,000 Steps) Reward: Elekid (Egg)

Expeditionist:

(Walk 120,000 Steps) Reward: Magby (Egg)

(Walk 130,000 Steps) Reward: Wynaut (Egg)

(Walk 140,000 Steps) Reward: Mime Jr. (Egg)

Nomad:

(Walk 150,000 Steps) Reward: Munchlax (Egg)

(Walk 160,000 Steps) Reward: Happiny (Egg)

(Walk 170,000 Steps) Reward: Riolu (Egg)

Globetrotter:

(Walk 250,000 Steps) Reward: Phione (Egg)

Seafarer:

(Swim 1,000 Steps) Reward: Lapras

(Swim 10,000 Steps) Reward: Wailmer

(Swim 100,000 Steps) Reward: Corsola

Captain of the Seas:

(Swim 200,000 Steps) Reward: Suicune

Ruins of Alph:

(Catch 1 Unown) Reward: á Unown

(Catch 6 Unowns) Reward: é Unown

(Catch 10 Unowns) Reward: í Unown

(Catch 17 Unowns) Reward: ñ Unown

(Catch 28 Unowns) Reward: ó Unown

(Catch 25 Unowns) Reward: ú Unown

Collector:

(Catch 10 Pokémon) Reward: 10x Ultra Balls

(Catch 100 Pokémon) Reward: XP Share

(Catch 1,000 Pokémon) Reward: Masterball

Rancher:

(Hatch 10 Pokémon) Reward: Exeggcute

(Hatch 100 Pokémon) Reward: Ditto

(Hatch 1,000 Pokémon) Reward: Chancey

Take Flight:

(Fly 10 Times) Reward: Swablu

(Fly 100 Times) Reward: Scyther

(Fly 1,000 Times) Reward: Moltres

Frequent Flyer:

(Fly 10,000 Times) Reward: Tornadus

Snorkeling:

(Swim 25,000 Steps Underwater) Reward: Manaphy

Ace Trainer:

(Obtain 1 Gym Badge) Reward:

(Obtain 4 Gym Badges) Reward:

(Obtain 8 Gym Badges) Reward:

Normality:

(Catch 25 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Dunsparce

(Catch 50 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Miltank

(Catch 75 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Castform

Fight or Flight:

(Catch 25 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Farfetched

(Catch 50 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Chatot

(Catch 75 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Keldeo

Toxoid:

(Catch 25 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Ekans

(Catch 50 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Koffing

(Catch 75 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Grimer

Terra Firma:

(Catch 25 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Sandile

(Catch 50 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Trapinch

(Catch 75 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Groudon

Quarry:

(Catch 25 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Cranidos

(Catch 50 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Roggenrola

(Catch 75 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Regirock

Bug Catcher:

(Catch 25 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Pinsir

(Catch 50 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Volbeat (Topaz) Illumise (Amethyst)

(Catch 75 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Shuckle

Banshee:

(Catch 25 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Gastly

(Catch 50 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Duskull

(Catch 75 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Giratina

Embolden:

(Catch 25 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Bronzor

(Catch 50 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Klink

(Catch 75 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Registeel

Conflagration:

(Catch 25 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Slugma

(Catch 50 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Torokal

(Catch 75 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Entei

H20:

(Catch 25 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Buizel

(Catch 50 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Poliwag

(Catch 75 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Kyogre

Meadow:

(Catch 25 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Seedot

(Catch 50 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Tangela

(Catch 75 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Carnivine

Voltaic:

(Catch 25 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Pachirisu

(Catch 50 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Mareep

(Catch 75 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Zapdos

Psychogenic:

(Catch 25 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Chimecho

(Catch 50 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Solosis

(Catch 75 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Uxie (Topaz) Mesprit (Amethyst) Azelf (Quartz)

Glacier:

(Catch 25 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Cubchoo

(Catch 50 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Vanillite

(Catch 75 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Articuno

Tarragon:

(Catch 25 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Druddigon

(Catch 50 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Dratini

(Catch 75 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Rayquaza

Obfuscous:

(Catch 25 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Absol

(Catch 50 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Zorua

(Catch 75 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Darkrai

Kanto:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: 1x Pokéball

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: Mewtwo

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: Mew

Johto:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: 2x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: Smeargle (Topaz) Delibird (Amethyst)

(Catch 75 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: Celebi

Hoenn:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: 3x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: Bagon (Topaz) Trapinch (Amethyst)

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: Jirachi

Sinnoh:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: 4x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: Gible (Topaz) Shinx (Amethyst)

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: Shaymin

Unova:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: 5x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: Timburr (Topaz)

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: Victini

Utopia:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: 6x Pokéballs

(Catch 20 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: TBD

(Catch 35 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: Message in a Bottle

Going Global:

(Register 500 Pokémon in your National Dex) Reward:

(Register 725 Pokémon in your National Dex) Reward: Arceus

(Complete the National Dex) Reward:

I think it get it! It's kinda like it became mishapen in World B, and so it couldn't fit through a hole that it normally would to go through the portals! (Like if the instructions to make a peg were passed to World B, and they made a square peg that couldn't get through the round hole it was supposed to!)

Rewards aside, Are these postgame achievements more reasonable??
I think most of them are, but there's a few that still need a bit of tweaking.

The first stages of Frequent Flyer are reasonable, but once that number starts climbing into the thousands, it starts to become tedious. I tried to take Dragonite's approach here and do the math to see what flying 1,000 times would be like. It took me about four seconds to select the Quadcopter of Uranium from the register list and choose to fly to the town I was currently in. To fly 1,000 times, that would be 4,000 seconds, or 66.6 minutes, or an hour and six minutes. To fly 10,000 times, using just a registered item, and not taking any breaks, that would take eleven hours. And anything that would make flying take longer will be multiplied by 10,000. If the animation was just a second longer, that'd translate to another 10,000 seconds to get the final prize. (or 166.6 minutes, or 2 and 2/3 hours) The same principle applies to your step count challenges, too-even if it took half a second to step, every 10,000 steps is 5,000 seconds, 1 and 1/3 hours.

It's definitely possible to complete it, but I don't know many people who are willing to spend an hour just flying to the same spot over and over, let alone almost half a day. I think you're going to have to get specific tasks for the higher stepping/flying challenges. (maybe the player can fly cargo to people, or fly in storms?)

Catching 1000 Pokemon might be a reasonable challenge-I think it depends on how many Pokemon are in your dex, and whether that's catch as in successfully throw a PokeBall or register in the dex. I remember you said you were only including 50 Fakemon in your dex, so I'm guessing it's "successfully throw a Poke Ball at 1000 Pokemon"? If that's the case, I think you're going to have to lower that a bit. Unless the prize ended up being something really useful, like a held item with some special effect, I can't imagine anyone would be willing to catch a bunch of Pokemon they've already caught to get it.

I know you said you wanted these gauged without considering the prize, but for your regional things, I really feel like it depends on what your prize is. For example, Johto introduced 100 new Pokemon, so catching 75 Johto Pokemon would mean skipping 25 Pokemon. It's still a formidable challenge, but I feel like it's a little too easy to be giving out a mythical like Celebi. (Even if you only let the player get one starter, one of the beasts, and force them to choose between Ho-Oh or Lugia, they'd still only be missing nine Pokemon. Giving the player a mythical before they catch 14 common Pokemon just feels a bit odd to me-but I suppose the canon games rarely required anything in the Dex before you got their mythicals, so)

I think those Global and type rewards are doing well, though! They seem to be a good percentage to me!

I think it get it! It's kinda like it became mishapen in World B, and so it couldn't fit through a hole that it normally would to go through the portals! (Like if the instructions to make a peg were passed to World B, and they made a square peg that couldn't get through the round hole it was supposed to!)

I think most of them are, but there's a few that still need a bit of tweaking.

The first stages of Frequent Flyer are reasonable, but once that number starts climbing into the thousands, it starts to become tedious. I tried to take Dragonite's approach here and do the math to see what flying 1,000 times would be like. It took me about four seconds to select the Quadcopter of Uranium from the register list and choose to fly to the town I was currently in. To fly 1,000 times, that would be 4,000 seconds, or 66.6 minutes, or an hour and six minutes. To fly 10,000 times, using just a registered item, and not taking any breaks, that would take eleven hours. And anything that would make flying take longer will be multiplied by 10,000. If the animation was just a second longer, that'd translate to another 10,000 seconds to get the final prize. (or 166.6 minutes, or 2 and 2/3 hours) The same principle applies to your step count challenges, too-even if it took half a second to step, every 10,000 steps is 5,000 seconds, 1 and 1/3 hours.

It's definitely possible to complete it, but I don't know many people who are willing to spend an hour just flying to the same spot over and over, let alone almost half a day. I think you're going to have to get specific tasks for the higher stepping/flying challenges. (maybe the player can fly cargo to people, or fly in storms?)

Catching 1000 Pokemon might be a reasonable challenge-I think it depends on how many Pokemon are in your dex, and whether that's catch as in successfully throw a PokeBall or register in the dex. I remember you said you were only including 50 Fakemon in your dex, so I'm guessing it's "successfully throw a Poke Ball at 1000 Pokemon"? If that's the case, I think you're going to have to lower that a bit. Unless the prize ended up being something really useful, like a held item with some special effect, I can't imagine anyone would be willing to catch a bunch of Pokemon they've already caught to get it.

I know you said you wanted these gauged without considering the prize, but for your regional things, I really feel like it depends on what your prize is. For example, Johto introduced 100 new Pokemon, so catching 75 Johto Pokemon would mean skipping 25 Pokemon. It's still a formidable challenge, but I feel like it's a little too easy to be giving out a mythical like Celebi. (Even if you only let the player get one starter, one of the beasts, and force them to choose between Ho-Oh or Lugia, they'd still only be missing nine Pokemon. Giving the player a mythical before they catch 14 common Pokemon just feels a bit odd to me-but I suppose the canon games rarely required anything in the Dex before you got their mythicals, so)

I think those Global and type rewards are doing well, though! They seem to be a good percentage to me!
Yah I agree. It is very tricky when every generation has a different number of Pokémon in it. Possibly might remove those quests all together and have you able to obtain those Pokémon another way. That or I possibly could do it so so you need to catch every Pokémon from that generation minus 2 starters and their evolutions, remaining legendaries and the mythical(s). Which I believe for Generation 2 would be 90. Just a thought!

With all the progress on my games in the past week or so I have decided to put it all together in one single post. If I keep pace I should be starting the essentials work in no time!!
You (The Main Character) live on an island chain that is under siege by Norse seafarers. It is up to you to liberate your home and stop them from getting what they are after!!
  1. Patchling (Monkey)
  2. Patcharoo (Monkey)
  3. Kefir (Lion)
  4. Kimba (Lion)
  5. Kasar (Lion)
  6. Cyclore (Polar Bear)
  7. Lumbrica (Earthworm)
  8. Terrestra (Earthworm)
  9. Pharocity (Pharaoh Ant)
  10. Laggadin (Snail)
  11. Tuttle (Sea Turtle)
  12. Leatherby (Sea Turtle)
  13. Rill (Razorbill)
  14. Crandall (Razorbill)
  15. Beatling (Beetle) (Baby Beetle)
  16. Ringle (Beetle)
  17. Starkey (Beetle)
  18. Milly (Short Eared Owl)
  19. Millicent (Short Eared Owl)
  20. Milligon (Short Eared Owl)
  21. Pufflet (Puffin)
  22. Puffling (Puffin)
  23. Buzzlee (Common Wasp)
  24. Buzzling
  25. Buzzle (Common Wasp)
  26. Elkling (Irish Elk)
  27. Elkirish (Irish Elk)
  28. Hedgeling (Hedgehog)
  29. Minkling (American Mink)
  30. Minkle (American Mink)
  31. Froedle (Frog)
  32. Fulming (Fulmar)
  33. Fulman (Fulmar)
  34. Ternling (Tern)
  35. Kibbling (Rabbit)
  36. Kibbit (Rabbit)
  37. Oyo (Oyster Catcher)
  38. Oister (Oyster Catcher)
  39. Noragon (Norse Dragon) [Legendary]
  40. Leucolia (Pied Faroe Raven) [Mythical]
á Unown
é Unown
í Unown
ñ Unown
ó Unown
ú Unown

*Might get changed to vowels and other specialities of the Farose/Danish Language and not Spanish Language*
  1. Patches (Monkey)
  2. Vortex (Polar Bear) (Vordiak?) (Maridiak?)
  3. Maelstrom (Polar Bear) (Urimus?) (Polarimus)
  4. Puffle (Puffin)
  5. Name Here (Golden Eagle) [Legendary]
  6. Name Here (White Tailed Eagle) [Legendary]
  7. Name Here (Black Kite Eagle) [Legendary]
  8. Name Here Tanngrisnir (Goat) [Legendary]
  9. Name Here Tanngnjostr (Goat) [Legendary] (Tanngros?)
  10. Kraken (Squid) [Legendary] (Krakalopod?) (Tanngras?)
  1. Quincy
  2. Citron
  3. Garnet
  4. Pomelo
  5. Zaffre
  6. Icterine
  7. Nyanza
  8. Claret
  9. Iris
  10. Carmine
  11. Feldgrau
  12. Stizza
  13. Glaucous
  14. Ecru
  15. Cyclamen
  16. Keppel
  17. Mindaro
  18. Honeydew
  19. Mulberry
  20. Ochre
  21. Persimmon
  22. Burlywood
  23. Redwood
  24. Phlox
  25. Atlantis
  26. Fulvous
  27. Cerise
  28. Rosewood
  29. Umber
  30. Wisteria
Professor Cottonwood (Professor)
Team Norse (Evil Organization)
Loki (Team Norse Admin)
Thor (Team Norse Admin)
Freja (Team Norse Queen)
Odin (Team Norse King)
Researcher Dolan (Researcher)
(Find the Professor) Reward : 1x Leftovers
(Choose your starting Pokémon) Reward : Reward : 1x Red Apricorn
(Rescue the Professor) Reward : 1x Potion

(Find and Return Dolan’s Research Journal) Reward: TBD
(Visit Nyanza) Reward: TBD
(Look for Clues) Reward: TBD

(Liberate Zaffre) Reward: TBD
(Obtain the Sixth Gym Badge) Reward: TBD
(Obtain HM08 Dive) Reward: TBD
Ruins of Alph:

(Catch 1 Unown) Reward: á Unown
(Catch 6 Unowns) Reward: é Unown
(Catch 10 Unowns) Reward: í Unown
(Catch 17 Unowns) Reward: ñ Unown
(Catch 28 Unowns) Reward: ó Unown
(Catch 25 Unowns) Reward: ú Unown

Collector:

(Catch 10 Pokémon) Reward: 10x Ultra Balls
(Catch 100 Pokémon) Reward: XP Share
(Catch 1,000 Pokémon) Reward: Masterball

Rancher:

(Hatch 10 Pokémon) Reward: Exeggcute
(Hatch 100 Pokémon) Reward: Ditto
(Hatch 1,000 Pokémon) Reward: Chancey

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sightseer:

(Walk 1 Step) Reward:
(Walk 10 Steps) Reward:
(Walk 100 Steps) Reward:

Jogger:

(Walk 1,000 Steps) Reward:
(Walk 10,000 Steps) Reward:
(Walk 20,000 Steps) Reward:

Traveler:

(Walk 30,000 Steps) Reward:
(Walk 40,000 Steps) Reward:
(Walk 50,000 Steps) Reward:

Adventurer:

(Walk 60,000 Steps) Reward: Chingling (Egg)
(Walk 70,000 Steps) Reward: Budew (Egg)
(Walk 80,000 Steps) Reward: Tyrogue (Egg)

Voyager:

(Walk 90,000 Steps) Reward: Bonsly (Egg)
(Walk 100,000 Steps) Reward: Togepi (Egg)
(Walk 110,000 Steps) Reward: Elekid (Egg)

Expeditionist:

(Walk 120,000 Steps) Reward: Magby (Egg)
(Walk 130,000 Steps) Reward: Wynaut (Egg)
(Walk 140,000 Steps) Reward: Mime Jr. (Egg)

Nomad:

(Walk 150,000 Steps) Reward: Munchlax (Egg)
(Walk 160,000 Steps) Reward: Happiny (Egg)
(Walk 170,000 Steps) Reward: Riolu (Egg)

Globetrotter:

(Walk 250,000 Steps) Reward: Phione (Egg)

Seafarer:

(Swim 1,000 Steps) Reward: Lapras
(Swim 10,000 Steps) Reward: Wailmer
(Swim 100,000 Steps) Reward: Corsola

Captain of the Seas:

(Swim 200,000 Steps) Reward: Suicune

Take Flight:

(Fly 10 Times) Reward: Swablu
(Fly 100 Times) Reward: Scyther
(Fly 1,000 Times) Reward: Moltres

Frequent Flyer:

(Fly 10,000 Times) Reward: Tornadus

Snorkeling:

(Swim 25,000 Steps Underwater) Reward: Manaphy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace Trainer:
(Obtain 1 Gym Badge) Reward:
(Obtain 4 Gym Badges) Reward:
(Obtain 8 Gym Badges) Reward:

Normality:

(Catch 25 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Dunsparce
(Catch 50 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Miltank
(Catch 75 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Castform

Fight or Flight:

(Catch 25 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Farfetched
(Catch 50 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Chatot
(Catch 75 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Keldeo

Toxoid:

(Catch 25 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Ekans
(Catch 50 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Koffing
(Catch 75 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Grimer

Terra Firma:

(Catch 25 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Sandile
(Catch 50 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Trapinch
(Catch 75 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Groudon

Quarry:

(Catch 25 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Cranidos
(Catch 50 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Roggenrola
(Catch 75 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Regirock

Bug Catcher:

(Catch 25 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Pinsir
(Catch 50 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Volbeat (Topaz) Illumise (Amethyst)
(Catch 75 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Shuckle

Banshee:

(Catch 25 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Gastly
(Catch 50 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Duskull
(Catch 75 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Giratina

Embolden:

(Catch 25 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Bronzor
(Catch 50 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Klink
(Catch 75 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Registeel

Conflagration:

(Catch 25 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Slugma
(Catch 50 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Torokal
(Catch 75 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Entei

H20:

(Catch 25 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Buizel
(Catch 50 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Poliwag
(Catch 75 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Kyogre

Meadow:

(Catch 25 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Seedot
(Catch 50 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Tangela
(Catch 75 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Carnivine

Voltaic:

(Catch 25 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Pachirisu
(Catch 50 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Mareep
(Catch 75 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Zapdos

Psychogenic:

(Catch 25 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Chimecho
(Catch 50 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Solosis
(Catch 75 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Uxie (Topaz) Mesprit (Amethyst) Azelf (Quartz)

Glacier:

(Catch 25 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Cubchoo
(Catch 50 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Vanillite
(Catch 75 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Articuno

Tarragon:

(Catch 25 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Druddigon
(Catch 50 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Dratini
(Catch 75 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Rayquaza

Obfuscous:

(Catch 25 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Absol
(Catch 50 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Zorua
(Catch 75 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Darkrai

Kanto:
(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: 1x Pokéball
(Catch 76 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: Mewtwo
(Catch 140 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: Mew

Johto:
(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: 2x Pokéballs
(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: Smeargle (Topaz) Delibird (Amethyst)
(Catch 88 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: Celebi

Hoenn:
(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: 3x Pokéballs
(Catch 68 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: Bagon (Topaz) Trapinch (Amethyst)
(Catch 119 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: Jirachi

Sinnoh:
(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: 4x Pokéballs
(Catch 54 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: Gible (Topaz) Shinx (Amethyst)
(Catch 86 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: Shaymin

Unova:
(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: 5x Pokéballs
(Catch 78 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: Timburr (Topaz)
(Catch 137 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: Victini

Utopia:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: 6x Pokéballs
(Catch 25 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: TBD
(Catch 36 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: Message in a Bottle

Going Global:

(Register 500 Pokémon in your National Dex) Reward:
(Register 725 Pokémon in your National Dex) Reward: Arceus
(Complete the National Dex) Reward:
Summer Festival to replace game corner
Synergy with Mossdeep Space Center?? - More details to come!!
Wonder Trade Center
Ocean Currents?!? (Items from other regions wash up on the islands of the Utopia Region) <-- This one is VERY speculative....
Safari Island (Find Pokémon from the Utopia Region)
National Park (Find Pokémon from ALL Regions) - (Excludes Pokémon obtained through achievements)
A trainer somewhere in the game that does not want you to find them!!
How does it look so far? Thoughts?

I think you've got a pretty great start! I love the pun of Minkling, and that team theme sounds like it's going to be fun to work with! The one thing I would suggest changing is the team name, because it feels a bit straightforward to me? It certainly fits, but it feels a bit direct-like if Team Skull was named Team Gang. What about naming it for something prominent from Norse mythology instead, like Team Asgard?

I think you've got a pretty great start! I love the pun of Minkling, and that team theme sounds like it's going to be fun to work with! The one thing I would suggest changing is the team name, because it feels a bit straightforward to me? It certainly fits, but it feels a bit direct-like if Team Skull was named Team Gang. What about naming it for something prominent from Norse mythology instead, like Team Asgard?
Good point!!! I never coincided that Team Norse might be too simple of a name. Team Asgard sounds like a fantastic name suggestion! Thanks! :D

Vendily

Trainer
When making side quests should they ever overlap with the main story quests?? Like a side quest rewarding you with an HM which is required for a main story quest?
I'd go for no if that's an optional and possibly skipable sidequest, since it's possible to miss and potentially softlockable.

If it's a required item, it's a required quest.

I am working on the quest line(s) for the post game. The post game quests will carve a path towards beginning a separate quest line (Willow's Assistant) that leads to eventually completing the National Dex if the player decides to go down that path. (The path is completely optional) Professor Willow will ask if you want to become his assistant and you can either say yes or no. If you say no you can always go back and talk to him again to accept.

For convenience I am combining the Walking and Catching Quests.

(Catch 5 Fire Types, 5 Water Types, 5 Grass Types and Walk 100 steps) Reward: Pichu Egg
(Catch 5 Normal Types and Walk 1,000+ steps ) Reward: Igglybuff Egg
(Catch 5 Fighting Types and Walk 10,000 Steps) Reward: Cleffa Egg
(Catch 5 Flying Types and Walk 20,000 Steps) Reward: Azurill Egg

It will look something like that. Thoughts?

(Catch 5 Fire Types, 5 Water Types, 5 Grass Types and Walk 100 steps) Reward: Pichu Egg
(Catch 5 Normal Types and Walk 1,000+ steps ) Reward: Igglybuff Egg
(Catch 5 Fighting Types and Walk 10,000 Steps) Reward: Cleffa Egg
(Catch 5 Flying Types and Walk 20,000 Steps) Reward: Azurill Egg
Taking steps seems a bit bland in a fangame because it's just a timesink and nothing else. Catching Pokémon is alright, but I'd suggest forcing the player to catch different species each time, otherwise they'll just go into a cave hunting for a few Zubat when they are asked to catch Flying- or Poison-type Pokémon.

Taking steps seems a bit bland in a fangame because it's just a timesink and nothing else. Catching Pokémon is alright, but I'd suggest forcing the player to catch different species each time, otherwise they'll just go into a cave hunting for a few Zubat when they are asked to catch Flying- or Poison-type Pokémon.
I mean.... These achievements that involve walking reward you with Pokémon you cannot get anywhere else. The main place in my games you would go to find these Pokémon would be the National Park. You will get a lot of walking in there. Plus it is only 10k steps more each time. Not 50k steps then 60k more steps. It is 10k steps then 10k steps for the next quest. (Tracks Total Steps) I could see requiring different species of Pokémon to be caught though. You will need it later on anyway so might as well make it a requirement! Thanks!!

I mean.... These achievements that involve walking reward you with Pokémon you cannot get anywhere else. The main place in my games you would go to find these Pokémon would be the National Park. You will get a lot of walking in there. Plus it is only 10k steps more each time. Not 50k steps then 60k more steps. It is 10k steps then 10k steps for the next quest. (Tracks Total Steps) I could see requiring different species of Pokémon to be caught though. You will need it later on anyway so might as well make it a requirement! Thanks!!
The thing is: theres no fun in just walking for a reward, no matter how easy that is. Even more if it required to go back a lot, or go further, to get your reward. It could be interesting if you aplied it and tested for yourself to see where the player would be when he finish the achievement. You can test it with Johto Blaziken map pack (although I don't know if everything is connected). Start to count from where you feel like starting the achievement and see how much time it takes to complete it just walking as you would normally in the game and only using bicycle when he should be allowed to use it (acording to how you see in your game). If you plan to put it your game, I suggest that you place the "reward box" near to where the player is ready to pick it up. Not like Cherrygrove to Violet City, then I put the reward in Olivine City.
Don't forget, when you give the player a low level pokémon, he still needs to train it to catch up with the others pokémons in his party. You probably should see how it goes too. Not everyone is whiling to grind, even less in fangames.

Here's the project by Johto Blaziken: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=408137
To track steps, use the control variable in a common event with the parallel trigger. Remember to set the steps to zero before you start tracking.

I would also mention the pokéwalker, but I can't see a good way to express the "do any physical activity (not actively playing for rewards) and get something at the end of the day" for a fangame.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet
I would also mention the pokéwalker, but I can't see a good way to express the "do any physical activity (not actively playing for rewards) and get something at the end of the day" for a fangame.
Life goal is to make a phone app that basically does what the walker does, you'd have to take the fan game out of it if you didn't want to risk having it getting axed from the play store though. Ehh.