Feedback Project Sandbox

Maybe even include some "sort by" methods like the PokeDex does? I know it'd be odd for a Ditto to be thinking of Pokemon in terms of dex number and alphabetical order, but I think it'd be pretty helpful for the player.

Hey guys, I have been a lurker on this forum for a while now and decided it was about time I post something about what I have been working on. I have been working on my own fan game using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials GS officially for about a month now. The current name of the game is Pokemon C.R.E.A.M. but it is subject to change. The central theme of the game will be money and the choices people make in pursuit of it. Basically the main character will enter into a mansion owned by some crazed eccentric billionaire and have to take down his 4 underlings to reach the top of the mansion to challenge the man for his fortune.

For relevant features, I am designing a system in which the player will have to buy and sell Pokemon from dealers around the mansion to create their team for battles. Due to this system there will probably be no catching mechanic or a box (still pondering this thought). Also, the player will be able to bribe trainers and bosses out of battling. I kind of want the player to sweat a bit and think about how to use their money wisely. I think money is usually a under-appreciated resource in RPGs so I thought it would be fun to try and mess around with the idea a bit. The player will also be able to challenge the 4 underlings in any order they wish.

I wanted to make something pretty small for my first RPG to get a hang of RPG Maker so it will just take place in this one mansion with three floors and some small puzzle rooms for the underlings. So far, I have a couple of maps done and a bit of the story and characters written. The game will also feature a custom soundtrack made by me. Probably primarily 90's boom bap style hip-hop but it could also be other stuff depending on my inspiration. Not completely sure of the release date yet but I am thinking sometime in May. Please don't hesitate to let me know what you think. Hopefully, this sounds fun to play. Also, if you know of any similar fan games with this idea or similar please let me know.

That sounds like a fun premise!

The one thing I think could be an issue would be bribing trainers out of battling, because it actually doesn't give the player much of an advantage. When you win a battle against someone, you usually receive money anyways, so it's not really a hard decision to make-you're either spending money to bribe them, or gaining money and exp by fighting them. (Unless, of course, you set them to not give out any money)

What if instead, the trainers/bosses bribed the player? Now the player has to choose between two positives that are tied to risks: They could take the money and save themselves the risk of losing in battle, while risking the possibility that their Pokemon could be underleveled, or they could take the exp and risk not only the chance of losing, but also the possibility that the prize money wouldn't be as much as the bribe.

Hello! I'm working on a fangame called Pokemon Divulgence.
And I'm still working on lore stuff, but heres a big chunk of it I would like a bit of feedback on.
I mostly want to know what kind of questions come to your mind when reading it, that way I can write something to answer that question and fit with the lore.
Also inconsistencies and any kind of feedback. Thank you :3

============================
Basic Ideas
Long lineage of kings and a war.
That war was called The (Saogheil) War. But that's not the full truth, there was another war, one no one talks about, forevee forgotten and hidden. A war between worlds.
(Character name) wants war, through the game he starts creating conflicts and acquiring power, people think he wants to start a war like the first one. But thats not true. He wants to restart the forgotten war and continue it. Destruction of a region is nice. But the breakdown of worlds is better.
The sky islands; bermudas triangle; deep sea waterfalls; red sea; dark/light forest...
They aren't originaly from this world, they are "leaks" from the other worlds. Corruption that contaminated ours.

Something to think about is:
What is the cause of the wars?
How are they connected?
Why is the second war forgotten?

First War
It was a war between the neighbour region (region name) and Saogheil (playable region).
Saogheil has had 6(?) Royal familys and kings, the 4th one was the one who caused the first war, he was manipulated by a man to do so.
The Madness Pokemon, created through sacrifice of thousands of lifes. He isn't from this universe. As he is originaly from a different universe. His form changes based on who created or owns him.

Runes
Writing from other worlds, required for the creation/summoning of the Madness Pokemon.
These runes are the start of the corruption that mutated the region.
These runes also brought to existence new unown forms.
The corruption over time also started mutating the living being in the area (origin of regional variants of saogheil).
The corruption was very slow in the beguinning almost unoticeable.

The birth
The birth of (name of madness Pokemon) took a long time to happen, exactly 2 years after the 1.5 year long war.
In order for the creation to succeed. The war was required to end and for the resting phase to start, but that was taking too long in this world.

During the first war, the 4th King was blamed, quickly becoming a public enemy, losing his title 5 months prior to the conclusion of the war.
The man who had manipulated him, ended up earning the title of temporary king.
He was smart, and was the one who ended the war, something the 4th king was not capable of. (Lost? Won? Truce? = what happened to the war).
After the end of the war, everyone in the region loved him, where he acquired the title of King permanently, becoming the 5th King.
Now even if the summoning failed, he had acquired power and money and a region to govern, something he always wanted. He was set for life. Or so he thought.

====================================
The day of Reckoning; Dimensional War
The madness Pokemon was born (prematurly?) in a dungeon, deep underground under the castle.
His awakening represented the last day of peace for a long, long time.
He looked deformed, intimidating, and always ready to fight.
Upon his escape from the summoning circle, every rune in the region was fully activated, corruption accelerated to enourmous and dangerous levels.

The war
As a Pokemon not originaly from this world, he had trouble taking the correct shape.
He was furious and he already is a very angry, fierce and savage creature by default. For him everyone is a foe.
He is capable of manipulation, anyone that simply sees (or maybe hears?) him becomes angry and attacks anyone around them, humans and pokemon alike.
He is in constant pain, and tries to run back to a world he can fully form, but that is not possible. When they are born, they are bound to that universe.
Everytime he tried to escape to another world, he was rejected by the portals, unable to go, he became angried and madder.

Origins of the portals
The 5th King, didn't expect the Pokemon to be uncontrollable. Completely unlike what he had read in that book.
A long time ago he had found an abandoned house/cabin, one he had found when he was younger. (He had found objects he had never heard or seen before).
There were a couple of books present in that house, one contained the details about the madness Pokemon and what is required to summon it. There were a couple other books , runes, history, and about Pokemon he had never heard before etc. But, there was also one for Portals.

Portals
They are used to go from world to world, in the book it says that they are supposed to be used only in emergencys, but people used them for various reasons.
He used these to try to banish the pokemon to another world. As he was scared and unable to control the beast he had created.
( But he didnt calculate it correctly, they became corrupted, and the runes around the world made the portals not close at will. Letting pokemon he had read about escape into this world. )

==============================
Story villain = What are his motives?
After first learning about the untold history of the Dimensional War and what happened to that Pokemon.
He decided to get him back, as he learned that, he is part of the bloodline of the 5th King.
That Pokemon belonged to his family, and to him.
He found a way to get him back and capture him ( still deciding if that would mean the restart of the war, or if the pokemon will end up being controllable and not beserk).

The goal
Acquiring the pokemon back by awakening him, as he is currently in a different form that put him in complete stasis.
And use this pokemon to destroy and dominate the region that once denied his family. His team/admin/followers were promised a place at the top once he gets everything.
(To not forget that HE IS A CRIMINAL)

How to awaken the Pokemon:
>Required the power from the no longer activated runes (so, they need to be re-activated).
>Some of them have been drained of their energy, as that energy has latched onto some unlucky/lucky people, people who acquired powers connected to language/understanding/comprehension.
>Something that belonged to the original creator of it (I will use the royal crown that is located in a museum for this in the story).
>To control the pokemon, he will use technology and research of Maddox, a scientist in the game whose research is all about manipulation and limitations.

I'm sorry if its, very very long.
I hope an almost year-later reply isn't too awkward? I was looking through the thread and saw you never got a response!

I think it's a really interesting piece of worldbuilding! (I especially the love the connection of the runes and language!) The only thing I saw that confused me was that it said the Pokemon was born into this world and bound to it, but it's "not originally from this world"? (There was some other stuff about how specifically the runes worked, but I figure that would be explained more in-game)

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
Hello Relic Castle community!! I am working on my first ever set of custom Pokémon games called Amethyst and Topaz!! So far it has been largely just storyboarding and concepts. Currently I am developing a list of achievements and rewards for the people to unlock throughout the game and would like some feedback on the ones I have developed currently. These achievements are meant to be worked on progressively both during and after you finish the main game. Thanks!!

(Achievements)

Ace Trainer:

(Obtain 1 Gym Badge) Reward: HM05 Flash

(Obtain 4 Gym Badges) Reward: HM03 Surf

(Obtain 8 Gym Badges) Reward: HM02 Fly

Kanto:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: 1x Pokéball

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: Mewtwo

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Kanto Region) Reward: Mew

Johto:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: 2x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: Smeargle (Topaz) Delibird (Amethyst)

(Catch 75 Pokémon from the Johto Region) Reward: Celebi

Hoenn:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: 3x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: Bagon (Topaz) Trapinch (Amethyst)

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Hoenn Region) Reward: Jirachi

Sinnoh:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: 4x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: Gible (Topaz) Shinx (Amethyst)

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region) Reward: Shaymin

Unova:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: 5x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: Timburr (Topaz)

(Catch 100 Pokémon from the Unova Region) Reward: Victini

Utopia:

(Catch 1 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: 6x Pokéballs

(Catch 50 Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: TBD

(Catch TBD Pokémon from the Utopia Region) Reward: Message in a Bottle

Going Global:

(Register 500 Pokémon in your National Dex) Reward: Deoxys

(Register 725 Pokémon in your National Dex) Reward: Arceus

(Complete the National Dex) Reward: Shiny Orb

Sightseer:

(Walk 1 Step) Reward: 1 Potion

(Walk 10 Steps) Reward: 1 Pokéball

(Walk 100 Steps) Reward: Pichu (Egg)

Jogger:

(Walk 1,000 Steps) Reward: Igglybuff (Egg)

(Walk 10,000 Steps) Reward: Cleffa (Egg)

(Walk 100,000 Steps) Reward: Azurill (Egg)

Traveler:

(Walk 1,000,000 Steps) Reward: Bike Voucher

(Walk 10,000,000 Steps) Reward: Mantyke (Egg)

(Walk 100,000,000 Steps) Reward: Smoochum (Egg)

Adventurer:

(Walk 1,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Chingling (Egg)

(Walk 10,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Budew [M] (Egg) (Topaz) Budew [F] (Egg) (Amethyst)

(Walk 100,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Tyrogue (Egg)

Voyager:

(Walk 1,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Bonsly (Egg)

(Walk 10,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Togepi (Egg)

(Walk 100,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Elekid (Egg)

Expeditionist:

(Walk 1,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Magby (Egg)

(Walk 10,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Wynaut (Egg)

(Walk 100,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Mime Jr. (Egg)

Nomad:

(Walk 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Munchlax (Egg)

(Walk 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Happiny (Egg)

(Walk 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Riolu (Egg)

Globetrotter:

(Walk 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Phione (Egg)

Seafarer:

(Swim 1,000 Steps) Reward: Corsola

(Swim 1,000,000 Steps) Reward: Wailmer

(Swim 1,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Lapras

Captain of the Seas:

(Swim 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Suicune

Snorkeling:

(Swim 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps Underwater) Reward: Manaphy

Take Flight:

(Fly 10 Times) Reward: Swablu

(Fly 100 Times) Reward: Scyther

(Fly 1,000 Times) Reward: Moltres

Frequent Flyer:

(Fly 1,000,000 Times) Reward: Tornadus

Breeder:

(Breed 1 Pokémon) Reward:

(Breed 10 Pokémon) Reward:

(Breed 100 Pokémon) Reward:

Rancher:

(Hatch 1,000 Pokémon) Reward: Exeggcute

(Hatch 100,000 Pokémon) Reward: Ditto

(Hatch 1,000,000 Pokémon) Reward: Chancey

Normality:

(Catch 100 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Dunsparce

(Catch 1,000 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Miltank

(Catch 10,000 Normal Type Pokémon) Reward: Castform

Fight or Flight:

(Catch 100 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Farfetched

(Catch 1,000 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Chatot

(Catch 10,000 Fighting or Flying Type Pokémon) Reward: Keldeo

Toxoid:

(Catch 100 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Ekans

(Catch 1,000 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Koffing

(Catch 10,000 Poison Type Pokémon) Reward: Grimer

Terra Firma:

(Catch 100 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Sandile

(Catch 1,000 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Trapinch

(Catch 10,000 Ground Type Pokémon) Reward: Groudon

Quarry:

(Catch 100 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Cranidos

(Catch 1,000 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Roggenrola

(Catch 10,000 Rock Type Pokémon) Reward: Regirock

Bug Catcher:

(Catch 100 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Pinsir

(Catch 1,000 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Volbeat (Topaz) Illumise (Amethyst)

(Catch 10,000 Bug Type Pokémon) Reward: Shuckle

Banshee:

(Catch 100 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Gastly

(Catch 1,000 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Duskull

(Catch 10,000 Ghost Type Pokémon) Reward: Giratina

Embolden:

(Catch 100 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Bronzor

(Catch 1,000 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Klink

(Catch 10,000 Steel Type Pokémon) Reward: Registeel

Conflagration:

(Catch 100 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Slugma

(Catch 1,000 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Torokal

(Catch 10,000 Fire Type Pokémon) Reward: Entei

H20:

(Catch 100 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Buizel

(Catch 1,000 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Poliwag

(Catch 10,000 Water Type Pokémon) Reward: Kyogre

Meadow:

(Catch 100 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Seedot

(Catch 1,000 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Tangela

(Catch 10,000 Grass Type Pokémon) Reward: Carnivine

Voltaic:

(Catch 100 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Pachirisu

(Catch 1,000 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Mareep

(Catch 10,000 Electric Type Pokémon) Reward: Zapdos

Psychogenic:

(Catch 100 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Chimecho

(Catch 1,000 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Solosis

(Catch 10,000 Psychic Type Pokémon) Reward: Uxie (Topaz) Mesprit (Amethyst) Azelf (Quartz)

Glacier:

(Catch 100 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Cubchoo

(Catch 1,000 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Vanillite

(Catch 10,000 Ice Type Pokémon) Reward: Articuno

Tarragon:

(Catch 100 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Druddigon

(Catch 1,000 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Dratini

(Catch 10,00 Dragon Type Pokémon) Reward: Rayquaza

Obfuscous:

(Catch 100 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Absol

(Catch 1,000 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Zorua

(Catch 10,000 Dark Type Pokémon) Reward: Darkrai

Collector:

(Catch 1,000 Pokémon) Reward: Master Ball

(Catch 1,000,000 Pokémon) Reward: XP Share

(Catch 1,000,000,000 Pokémon) Reward:

That Shiny Shine that Shines so Bright:

(Catch or Hatch 1 Shiny Pokémon) Reward:

(Catch or Hatch 10 Shiny Pokémon) Reward:

(Catch or Hatch 100 Shiny Pokémon) Reward:

Legendary:

(Catch 1 Legendary Pokémon) Reward:

(Catch 10 Legendary Pokémon) Reward:

(Catch 20 Legendary Pokémon) Reward:

Weather Blitz:

(Catch Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza) Reward: Latios (Topaz) Latias (Amethyst)

Ruins of Alph:

(Catch 1 Unown) Reward: á Unown

(Catch 6 Unowns) Reward: é Unown

(Catch 10 Unowns) Reward: í Unown

(Catch 17 Unowns) Reward: ñ Unown

(Catch 28 Unowns) Reward: ó Unown

(Catch 25 Unowns) Reward: ú Unown

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet
How honest am I allowed to be?
These aren't very good.
Globetrotter:
(Walk 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Steps) Reward: Phione (Egg)
Spoiler: this is impossible. No, it's not hard, it's impossible. It's that it's difficult, it's not that it's tedious, it's not that it's grindy - which it is - it's impossible. There are about 31,500,000 seconds (3.15e7) in a year, so if it took you a half a second to traverse one tile, it'd take you almost 16,000,000,000,000 (1.6e13, or sixteen trillion) years to complete it without cheating. For reference, the Earth is going to be incinerated by the sun a few billion (1e9) years from now. Most people live less than a hundred years (1e2), and most of those people spend way less of their lives playing video games.

As an extra kick in the teeth, the reward is an egg of something you can breed a Manaphy to get? Lol.

As a general rule, achievements that you can just grind out by taping a button down overnight are not well-designed or good motivators. If you absolutely must, do not make the target number higher than about a thousand (1e3), unless it's something you can get in large quantities very quickly. Map traversal steps or catching monsters are not something you can get in large quantities very quickly.

More engaging achievements would be something like "Magikarp Award: use Splash in battle," or "Power Creep: raise a stat to +6 in battle," or "Underdog: defeat a foe ten levels stronger than you." Use your creativity.

That sounds like a fun premise!

The one thing I think could be an issue would be bribing trainers out of battling, because it actually doesn't give the player much of an advantage. When you win a battle against someone, you usually receive money anyways, so it's not really a hard decision to make-you're either spending money to bribe them, or gaining money and exp by fighting them. (Unless, of course, you set them to not give out any money)

What if instead, the trainers/bosses bribed the player? Now the player has to choose between two positives that are tied to risks: They could take the money and save themselves the risk of losing in battle, while risking the possibility that their Pokemon could be underleveled, or they could take the exp and risk not only the chance of losing, but also the possibility that the prize money wouldn't be as much as the bribe.
Thanks a ton for the advice. I was initially thinking of having an idea that plays on the idea of "pay to win" or something like that. I hadn't even considered not having the trainers pay out before. I will definitely take your idea to reverse the bribe mechanic into heavy consideration because it is a great idea.

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
How honest am I allowed to be?
These aren't very good.

Spoiler: this is impossible. No, it's not hard, it's impossible. It's that it's difficult, it's not that it's tedious, it's not that it's grindy - which it is - it's impossible. There are about 31,500,000 seconds (3.15e7) in a year, so if it took you a half a second to traverse one tile, it'd take you almost 16,000,000,000,000 (1.6e13, or sixteen trillion) years to complete it without cheating. For reference, the Earth is going to be incinerated by the sun a few billion (1e9) years from now. Most people live less than a hundred years (1e2), and most of those people spend way less of their lives playing video games.

As an extra kick in the teeth, the reward is an egg of something you can breed a Manaphy to get? Lol.

As a general rule, achievements that you can just grind out by taping a button down overnight are not well-designed or good motivators. If you absolutely must, do not make the target number higher than about a thousand (1e3), unless it's something you can get in large quantities very quickly. Map traversal steps or catching monsters are not something you can get in large quantities very quickly.

More engaging achievements would be something like "Magikarp Award: use Splash in battle," or "Power Creep: raise a stat to +6 in battle," or "Underdog: defeat a foe ten levels stronger than you." Use your creativity.
You are allowed to be as honest as you want to be!!! I really appreciate this feedback. Personally I was just spitballing numbers for the most part. Ya think if I did 100,500 and 1000 for catching Pokèmon that it would be better??? Also 100-200 base steps increasing by 100-200 all the way until all baby Pokèmon can be obtained? Roughly 1,800 - 3,600 steps.

Thanks a ton for the advice. I was initially thinking of having an idea that plays on the idea of "pay to win" or something like that. I hadn't even considered not having the trainers pay out before. I will definitely take your idea to reverse the bribe mechanic into heavy consideration because it is a great idea.
Ohh, yeah, I see where you were going with that now! I hope it goes well!

Hello Relic Castle community!! I am working on my first ever set of custom Pokémon games called Amethyst and Topaz!! So far it has been largely just storyboarding and concepts. Currently I am developing a list of achievements and rewards for the people to unlock throughout the game and would like some feedback on the ones I have developed currently. These achievements are meant to be worked on progressively both during and after you finish the main game. Thanks!!
I think an achievements system is a fun concept, but like Dragonite said, some of those achievements have way too high a requirement. (Although, ironically, I'd say your regional rewards were lowballing it)

Instead of requiring a number, why not require a specific task tied to the activity to unlock the Pokemon? Your step count achievements, for example, could instead just be "discover every location". (This was something the Skylanders games had in every level, and it meant that, even if the only thing in the hidden location was just some gold or enemies, it was still worthwhile to pop in just to get the achievement) Or you could require the player to find a number of collectibles through the activity, or perform specific tasks related to it. (Ever played the more recent Lego games? That's what I'm thinking of with the latter) Like, instead of hatching a million eggs, maybe just find six people who want their egg hatched and hatch it for them? Or, taking a Mario/Scribblenauts approach, you could have quick little sidequests that met the achievement. (The official games actually did this in Gen 5, with a quest up the graveyard tower)

There's also the existing lore of the legendaries that you can consider. What if, instead of just filling up a PokeDex to get Celebi, the requirement was to bring some gold and silver (which could be hard-to-find items) to a Poke Ball maker-and the reward was a GS Ball that summoned Celebi? Or instead of catching Hoenn Pokemon for Deoxys, the requirement could be to gather data on meteors scattered throughout the region-and the reward could be a ride on a space ship?

And I know 100%ing a game is usually only possible after everything's said and done, but honestly, I think it'd be a good idea if you let most of these become achievable before the game's conclusion. (or give your game a hearty postgame at least) With Pokemon as a reward, it's hard to want to complete an achievement if there's nobody to battle.

On a similar note, I think it might be better to have more new Pokemon as rewards, rather than using old ones. It's easy to skip an achievement if you already know you don't want the Pokemon-maybe I'm doing fine with my current party and I don't think Rayquaza's gonna fill any holes-but if it's the only way to get a brand new Pokemon, that's gonna catch someone's eye. Of course, you can't let that be the only time the player sees the Pokemon, or else they'd go unnoticed. Maybe you could have significant characters use reward Pokemon, and let the player see what reward they'd get if they completed an achievement? It'd be an easy lure-"See this Pokemon? The one you just had that tough battle against? It could be yours...just gather a few more items..."

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet
You are allowed to be as honest as you want to be!!! I really appreciate this feedback. Personally I was just spitballing numbers for the most part. Ya think if I did 100,500 and 1000 for catching Pokèmon that it would be better??? Also 100-200 base steps increasing by 100-200 all the way until all baby Pokèmon can be obtained? Roughly 1,800 - 3,600 steps.
For catching Pokémon? I don't have a number, but people who actually catch (or obtain) them all are a minority in the actual games. For fan games, forget it, you don't even get bragging rights for 100%ing something that so few people play, and most people have other things to do. The Black/White 2 medals for step count are 5000, 10,000, 20,000 and 100,000, and those take a really long time to get. (BW2 are 35-hour games with a buttload of aftergame and, in their heyday, competitive play, and through ordinary gameplay you usually don't get the final one(s) until well after the main story. Is the rest of your game compelling enough to make people want to play for that long?)

It's also worth pointing out that your game should be good enough without the skinner box achievements. I take it from the, let's be real, underwhelming rewards that the real reward is the satisfaction of seeing the achievement box pop up. That's fine, but including ludicrously impossible achievements tells me that you most likely did not spend a lot of time testing/balancing the rest of your game, either. It'd be a shame to let something so trivially easy to fix ruin peoples' first impression of your game.

I actually really like achievements in games, since when they're done right they're a fun way of seeing how far you've come, or even showing what you can do that you missed, if you have the list available for viewing before they're unlocked. Here are a few more. Notice that none of them have numbers attached.

- Pass checkpoints in the story. You said gym badges, which I guess are the same thing, but it feels more personable when you say "learn about some ruins from an old lady" or "meet the girl on a curious quest" instead of "enter Celestic Town" or "begin the Delta Episode."
- Do unusual things in battle. You can get through just about any game without ever using Belly Drum or activating someone's Chlorophyll ability, but what if you want to encourage people do to things besides use their strongest stab every time?
- Is there something in the game that you missed? Has the old creaky gym leader from the third town retired quietly when the credits roll, and is he glad one of his former opponents decided to pay him a visit? Does your sister's Growlithe become an Arcanine if you give her a Fire Stone and re-enter the map? Did you notice? Does the game congratulate you if you interact with these people?
- A lot of games with named sidequests give you achievements for filling them out even though they don't contribute to the main story. Ehh. Make sure the sidequests are good in the first place.

Don't overuse any of these either though, because they they'll start feeling like chores all over again. Some games have hundreds and hundreds of achievements, most of them being copy/pastes of each other. Note how rare the entire bottom half of this list is. Don't be that guy.

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
Thanks for the feedback! I am still in the concept stage of my game so everything is easy to fix and change. I plan to add a island called National Island to my games where you can encounter every Pokèmon minus the Pokèmon obtained through achievements. I do agree there should be more objective based achievements... Perhaps I could use achievements as a way of advancing the plot? Such as the achievement being "Deliver the parcel to X" for a reward of some game advancing/helpful item. So by the end of the game you have completed the bulk of the achievements and then begin a postgame achievement tree or something with a few random ones sprinkled in...

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
I also thought about various NPC's being able to give you various achievement trees for other odball tasks. I also had a idea for a completionist achievement awarded for getting every achievement. Which would award the player access to a "Forever" island once they are done playing where they can retire or something like that. Truely marking "The End"

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
This is the start to my Quest/Achievement Tree (For the main storyline) Since completing the National Dex is largely an afterthought usually reserved for the post game I will probably make those achievements far easier and apart of their own tree unlocked upon obtaining the National Dex. I also might do smaller mini quest/achievement trees obtained by interacting with NPC's along the way.

These achievements will appear one at a time (As to not spoil the games plot all at once)
(Find the Professor)
(Choose your starting Pokémon)
(Rescue the Professor)
(Liberate the Town of Quincy)
(Obtain the Pokédex)
(Visit the Pokémart)
(Visit Citron Town)
(Come to the aid of the person in distress)
(Obtain the first Gym Badge)
(Find the Professor) *Completed by reading the Professor Letter*
(Visit Garnet Town)
(Obtain HM06 Rock Smash)
(Obtain the second Gym Badge)
(Visit Pomelo)
(Thwart Team Norse and Liberate Pomelo)
(Head to the Professor’s Lab)
(Talk to the Pokémon Fan Club President)
(Obtain the Zaffre Pass)
(Visit Zaffre City)

This only goes through the first 4-5 Towns/Cities of the game. I intend to have about 20-30 in total including one Safari Island and one National Island. My games are based on the Faroe Islands if that helps for context
Not too sure on possible rewards as of current as I do not wish to make the game easy as a result of being constantly given items and Pokémon through the quests/achievements

I do agree there should be more objective based achievements... Perhaps I could use achievements as a way of advancing the plot? Such as the achievement being "Deliver the parcel to X" for a reward of some game advancing/helpful item. So by the end of the game you have completed the bulk of the achievements and then begin a postgame achievement tree or something with a few random ones sprinkled in...
That sounds like a good start! But I'd suggest having some sidequest achievements, too-that way people can still choose to go beyond just the story in achievements without having to complete the whole game first.

I also thought about various NPC's being able to give you various achievement trees for other odball tasks
That sounds fun! It'll encourage exploration, too!

Which would award the player access to a "Forever" island once they are done playing where they can retire or something like that. Truely marking "The End"
I don't know how appealing that would be...Unless the player would be emotionally invested in their character getting to retire peacefully (which usually requires a talking protagonist with their own personality), a location where you don't do anything might not feel like much of a reward. (People can just stop playing whenever they like, after all-they don't need a designated location)

Not too sure on possible rewards as of current as I do not wish to make the game easy as a result of being constantly given items and Pokémon through the quests/achievements
You could give the player rewards that can't be used until later in the game? Evolution stones that only work on Pokemon they haven't encountered, currencies that only work with NPCs they haven't met, etc. You could also give them limited edition items-instead of giving a Poke Ball, for example, you could give a specialty Poke Ball that's not obtained anywhere else in the game, so the player has to be careful about when they use it.

EpicCoolGuy923

Novice
Very true indeed!! Thanks for the ideas. I could perhaps supply the player with stuff such as apricorns as I plan to later in the game feature a way to make your own Pokèballs. The retirement island was just a thought I had. If I do add it I would have things you are able to do on it though. A plain island would be boring. I floated the idea at one point of including past champions on this island that you are able to battle.

Do you think these seem balanced enough for early game?

Achievement (Quest) Tree:
(Find the Professor) Reward : 1x Leftovers

(Choose your starting Pokémon) Reward : Reward : 1x Red Apricorn

(Rescue the Professor) Reward : 1x Potion

(Liberate the Town of Quincy) Reward : 1x Purple Apricorn

(Obtain the Pokédex) Reward : 1x Pokéball

(Visit the Pokémart) Reward : 5x Clearance Balls

(Visit Citron Town) Reward : 1x Stick

(Come to the aid of the person in distress) Reward : 1x Rare Candy

(Obtain the first Gym Badge) Reward : 1x Silver Powder (Boosts Bug Types)

(Find the Professor) *Completed by reading the Professor Letter* Reward : 1x Repel

(Visit Garnet Town) Reward : 1x Black Belt (Boosts Fighting Types)

(Obtain HM06 Rock Smash) Reward : 1x Hardstone (Boosts Rock Types)

(Obtain the second Gym Badge) Reward : TM08 Bulk Up

(Visit Pomelo) Reward : 1x Moon Stone

(Liberate Pomelo) Reward : 1x Rare Candy

(Head to the Professor’s Lab) Reward : 1x Freshwater Set

(Talk to the Pokémon Fan Club President) Reward : 1x Escape Rope

(Obtain the Zaffre Pass) Reward : 1x Pearl

(Visit Zaffre City) Reward : Harbor Mail

Those look great to me! I think it's especially great how you made some of them held items, so the rewards might involve experimenting a bit with what Pokemon they work best on!
Thanks!! I was working on other possible quests when I had an idea for the quests recieved from NPC's. Some would involve an action(s) such as move 5 boulders or cut 5 trees which can be accomplished later on in the game. But to claim it you have to go back to the original trainer you got it from to claim your reward. Thoughts??