Feedback Project Sandbox

Redstromesoup

Rookie
Update To Pokemon The Return To Kalos(Canceled)
1. First I like to address that the story to PTRTK was almost complete but I decide to cancel it. Reason why is because I felt like it was not original and the storyline felt repetitive.

2. Second I'm writing out a new story called Pokemon Guardians(PG). The story contains original character and a new region called the Keldire Region.

3. Third is the 1st chapter to PG is done, the only thing left to do is go through it and correct any misspellings. Release date is on the last day of Fall. Reason why that long pf a wait is because once I'm done with with Chapter 1 I can work on Chapter 2.

4. Lastly I still plan on making a fan made game about PG, the concept is somewhat the same but with a few change.

Pokemon Guardians Concept/Idea
-The Paradigm System will be a thing (My last post will explain about it)
-Combat will be like Final Fantasy 10 with a mix of FF13
-New moves
-New Pokemon/Forms
-Summons
-Royal Tomb that contain weapons called Royal Arms for Raj but be warn when using these Royal Arms, they damage Raj for a small amount of HP everytime he uses it
-Shatter System(Still thinking of how it will work. It's like the Stagger System in FF13)
-Difficulty Modes
Easy Mode
Normal Mode
Hard Mode
Guardian Mode(Can only be unlock after completing the game in any mode)
-Original Music
- New Characters and some returning characters like Grimsley.

Please don't steal or using the exact name

Obermarschall

Novice
As you might already know I am working on a fan game called Pokémon Red Lion. I was looking for spriters and people who could help me with pixelart in general (tiles, tileset, trainer, npc etc), but I actually managed to get stuff done a little bit by myself, so don't go too hard on me...yet ;)
I would like to know what you think of my first ever bus and train... the bus has been done from scratch...as for the train I used the GBC train a bit as inspiration. I guess if you look long enough at it you might see it...but on the first glance I think not.

kmb

dabbling in game design
Phew that's a lot of stuff.

If it's just 1 specific pokemon following the player at all times, you can do that with events like how this page describes a partner trainer as a dependent event. I've seen someone ask about prohibiting a certain pokemon from being deposited...This might take just a little scripting but I'm pretty sure the resource exists.

I would do this without deleting any scripts. Just don't run the scene of letting the player choose a name, and use this script from the debug quick intro: pbTrainerName("Red") whatever name you put in the quotes becomes the player's name.

This will definitely take some scripting. I'm sure there must be a way to detect the player's outfit and make changes like that...Essentials has a feature where if the player has no pokemon in the party, wild encounters don't appear at all. Maybe something like that could be used to work out a system.

Check out this thread, it's about removing the party temporarilly and restoring itlater.

Check out the page about Manipulating Pokemon. Every time you have a Pokemon "talking", I'd just do a quick check of the player's party to see if they have Meowth.

The literal name shouldn't be too hard to change, just search "someone's pc" in the scripts. If you're gonna restrict the party i think it's going to take some custom scripting just as with the bit with Pikachu. Maybe there's a way to setup separate storage systems per area.

I linked the page about Manipulating Pokemon already, so here's the one about Editing Pokemon. You should be able to run some checks on a specific pokemon's friendship level, and even have it stolen by deleting it...shadow pokemon exist in Essentials too.

Depends on what you mean by cutscenes. Any amount of characters moving around the screen and talking for long periods of time is totally possible, but if you're talking about something like an animated short...? That's possible too, just good luck finding an artist for it.

This sounds like content that belongs in a sequel. Just from a design perspective, it's not really good for the game to completely switch modes, since players who only like one of those modes are going to be put off when they have to slog through the other mode. The players who came for the Rocket experience came to your game specifically for that, because it's unique. If players want more typical pokemon experience they can get that from other games.
Thank you for all of those links, but it looks like the Wiki has been closed. What happened? I've added a bit to my game since posting, and those tutorials would have come in handy.

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
So... i've been working on a fangame and everything... and it's my first time trying to draw fakemon and I would like your opinion on these ones here!
Ah, are they the cover legendaries for Pokemon Minus?

Joking aside, I think your URL's been messed up! Maybe try uploading them as attachments to your post?

Mr42leon

Novice
Ah, are they the cover legendaries for Pokemon Minus?

Joking aside, I think your URL's been messed up! Maybe try uploading them as attachments to your post?
Oh... Sorry!
Well, they were supposed to be based of fireflies, but turned out to look more like bees or wasps.
They are Bug/Fire types and yeah...

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
Thank you for all of those links, but it looks like the Wiki has been closed. What happened? I've added a bit to my game since posting, and those tutorials would have come in handy.
Oof, I'll try to explain some from memory since the wiki was taken down.

You can add a following character as a dependent event. You do it with a script like this:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(3,"Pikachu",6)
The 3 is the event on the map which has the graphic. It doesn't need anything special on its' pages, an Event with that ID number just needs to exist.
The part that reads "Pikachu" is mostly for the dev's benefit to help you keep track, I think it can be anything.
The 6 is the ID of the Common Event that's called when you talk to this follower. If you don't know Common Events yet, they pretty much have all the flexibility of any other event, but can easilly be called so they're helpful when you don't want to copy+paste long pages of the same things.

For the bit about checking for Pokemon, you can do something like this:

This is an event where I have the player interacting with an oven. The conditional branch checks if the player has a Rotom, and if they do, it then sets its' form to the oven form. And if the player doesn't have a Rotom it just shows some text.

lozenge

Rookie
(Warning, some of these sprites are WIP)
I haven't finished very many of my fakemon sprites yet, but I decided to post them in case anyone would be willing to give me some feedback ;;
Imgur is being weird so here's a link
Editing to add a bit of info about them: the evo line typings from left to right are Fighting/Flying (Stage 1 Normal/Flying), Normal/Grass (Stage 1 Normal), Grass, Fairy/Dark, Psychic/Electric, and Bug.

Last edited:

kmb

dabbling in game design
Oof, I'll try to explain some from memory since the wiki was taken down.

You can add a following character as a dependent event. You do it with a script like this:

The 3 is the event on the map which has the graphic. It doesn't need anything special on its' pages, an Event with that ID number just needs to exist.
The part that reads "Pikachu" is mostly for the dev's benefit to help you keep track, I think it can be anything.
The 6 is the ID of the Common Event that's called when you talk to this follower. If you don't know Common Events yet, they pretty much have all the flexibility of any other event, but can easilly be called so they're helpful when you don't want to copy+paste long pages of the same things.

For the bit about checking for Pokemon, you can do something like this:

This is an event where I have the player interacting with an oven. The conditional branch checks if the player has a Rotom, and if they do, it then sets its' form to the oven form. And if the player doesn't have a Rotom it just shows some text.
Thanks! I found a copy of the Wiki, but I don't think it went into this much detail. Since the Wiki is closed, where do we get information for our fan games now? Is this action by Nintendo going to affect future fan games or is it just an attempt to keep new ones from being harder to develop? I'm willing to follow any reasonable rules to keep my fan games "legal," or at least off of Nintendo of America's radar, but I hate creating fan works if the company I'm a fan of doesn't appreciate them, after all, and I was thinking about just trying to create my own games, but I mostly just know how to use Pokemon Essentials. Creating my own stuff would require a lot more coding expertise, as Essentials can't be applied to commercial use, due to ripped content from official games.

KaratGaming

Novice
Thanks! I found a copy of the Wiki, but I don't think it went into this much detail. Since the Wiki is closed, where do we get information for our fan games now? Is this action by Nintendo going to affect future fan games or is it just an attempt to keep new ones from being harder to develop? I'm willing to follow any reasonable rules to keep my fan games "legal," or at least off of Nintendo of America's radar, but I hate creating fan works if the company I'm a fan of doesn't appreciate them, after all, and I was thinking about just trying to create my own games, but I mostly just know how to use Pokemon Essentials. Creating my own stuff would require a lot more coding expertise, as Essentials can't be applied to commercial use, due to ripped content from official games.
We can't really get new information from the Wiki anymore nor any updates to Pokemon Essentials. I haven't used Essentials in over two months, but I had no idea that it was taken down last week. I should refrain from continuing my Pokemon fangame now, especially when Nintendo became corrupt as a company. They didn't just shut down fangames, they shut down the source, let's face it, Nintendo is turning into Konami 2.0 in terms of corruption. It would be a much better idea to make an Indie Pokemon clone through Game Maker Studio at this rate.

Hei, I want sole feedbacks in my next fan game Story. The title of the game would probably be "Pokémon shiny Planet". Story: Professor Blue Oak discovers a new Planet, called ASTREA, where all the Pokémon seem to be Shiny. He sents us as an astronaut on this planet to Explore it. We find some rests of a previus civilisation, that seems to be disappeared suddenly. Our planet exploration is hampered by Team Rocket, that want to discover the secret or shiny Pokémon. Their leader is Brendan, Hoenn Champions. By reading some engravings on some ruins we discover that in the previous civilisation had to battle some wars against some invaders to protect the Shiny Power. Conflicts ended because of the help of a mysterious star, and the only way to Save the Planet from the destruction was to leave it. Than we discover that all the Pokémon are Shiny because of a special rock guarded inside the planet inside a sort of Heaven, and all the invaders that tryed to transform their Pokémon into shiny one were transformed into Unown as a sort of curse. Our mission now is to obstacolate Team Rocket plains and to avoid the destruction of the Planet, with the help of the mysterious star: Jirachi. What do you think about this plot?

EDIT: I've just thought to insert some new alolan forms as fakemon so that all the Shiny Pokémon seem to be disappeared like the population, whereas are in the sort of Heaven as Guardian of the Rock

Last edited:

Mr. Gela

Elite Trainer
Wild thought I had to write down. Why do trainer classes have to be so... Specialized? A Psychic could have a Charmeleon that happens to have a psychic move or two, and a Swimmer could teach Surf to a non-Water Pokémon. So. Yeah, how about that? It would make he player have to adapt to each encounter without thinking "ah, a hiker. I'll make Wooper lead the party with water gun". That's boring.

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
Wild thought I had to write down. Why do trainer classes have to be so... Specialized? A Psychic could have a Charmeleon that happens to have a psychic move or two, and a Swimmer could teach Surf to a non-Water Pokémon. So. Yeah, how about that? It would make he player have to adapt to each encounter without thinking "ah, a hiker. I'll make Wooper lead the party with water gun". That's boring.
I can't for the life of me remember what fan/game this was from, but I feel like I've played something that attempted this with Gyms: instead of specializing in a type, they specialize in a theme (i.e. Pokémon who can levitate, or something). Blue from Gen 2 was kinda nonspecialized, but it seems like there should be way more of that kind of thing.

Just a logical extension of the idea, I suppose.

Juliandroid98

The friendliest Groudon
So, I have a few basic concepts down for my fangame in terms of story, but I fear it might be too bland.

So, the two legendary pokemon from the region are basically the masters of snow and land.
And my idea was to include a unique evil team for each version (much like ruby and sapphire). One of the teams being more ice/snow themed and the other being more earth themed.

But I don't know how I can alter my story in such a way that it doesnt resemble RSE too much.

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Maybe instead of trying to shape the world in their image, they just want to use the Pokemon as a superweapon? Like they don't want to cover the earth with their terrain, but they want to use the Pokemon's power to seize control?

Honestly, though, if you're not already too attached to the concept, I think it might be good to take it in another direction. Snow and earth aren't really thematic opposites, so it's hard to have a dueling views thing like RS did. Maybe the legendaries could instead be part of a set of season-themed Pokemon, and the rival teams are fighting to get all four and use their powers to gain control of the world?

kelsey

Trainer
So the evolution aspect of Pokemon is one of the best parts IMO, but there are a lot of pokemon that I don't use because they don't evolve at all or because their evolution lines suck. I'm kind of toying with the idea of adding to some lines in order to make the less-used pokemon more interesting. However, conversely I often find myself not that interested in games that have fakemon because they can look really poorly done, and I'm not sure how great my spriting skills are as I've been making games for a couple of years now but never made a sprite. Is it easier to do if you have a base pokemon in the evolution line to work with? I just thought it'd be cool to get feedback so here are my prompts:

1. how do you feel about these proposed evolution lines?
- a. anything you would remove/ any lines you would add (pokemon that need evolutions that I didn't list?)
- b. are multi-stage/complex lines more interesting to you than short ones or pokemon with no evolution?
-c. how long can evolution chains get? some of the ones listed below are 4 stage (and many are 3 stage)- any thoughts on that?
-d. the names I listed are just prototype, if you can come up with a better one or hate the sound of one, let me know

2. How do you feel about fakemon messing with core game evolution lines, either as pre-evolutions or later evolutions?

3. Any tips on spriting? I'm pretty artsy, but pixel art is relatively new to me. Mostly what I've done has been in relation to changing things/icons/graphics related to mapping, not the sprites themselves

4. Anything at all else related to this topic that you feel like talking about

Here are the line changes:

Meowth- Persian- Sphynxian
Psyduck- Golduck- Goldragon
Seel-Dewgong-Sirenia
Rooskhan- Kangaskhan
Scypod- Scyther- Scizor
Pinpod- Pinsir
Fletchling- Farfetchd- Fletchaught
Calflet- (F= miltank) (m- tauros)- (m boufallant)
laplet- lapras
spinarak- ariados- Arachtres
sunkern-sunaflora- floraseed
Girafarig-Ungulatig
Dunsparce-Dundragon (chinesedragon)
Snubbull- Granbull (revamp)
Qwilfish-Puffloat
Shuckle-Muckworm
Corsola-Coralite
Paralarva-Octillery
Remoraid- Aemorant
Delichick-Delibird
Fletskar-Skarmory
Phanpy- Elephan-Donphan
Fawntlet-Stantler
Smeargle-Graffiton
Sableye-Gemaret
Glolarv-Volbeat/Illumise
Turember-Torkoal-Volutort
Cacnea-Cacturne-Corpsactus
Seviper-Viperion
Zangoose-Monzion
Corphish-Crawdaunt-Corcrush
Kecleon-Chamelek
Weedle-Kakuna-Combee -(m) beedrill, (f) vespiqueen
Pachirisu-Squirlit/ Emolga
Cherubi-Cherrim-Cherrub (berryshrub)
Chirrup-Chatot
Yamask- Cofagrigus- Sigilyph (Spiritomb if empty slot in party)
Dewcarn-Carnivine-Trapflora
Shaymin-Florahog
Cactaglobe-Maractus- Maractaglobe
Luvdisc-Alomomola
Joltik-Galvantula-Tarantastrike
Flakelet-Cryogonal
Stunfisk-Floundbolt
Dracon-Druddigon
Litleo-Pyroar-Flamion
Luchafledge-Hawlucha

**Also, I really don't care if anyone takes any of these ideas for their own game. Please feel free. I think this is an open resource community and I certainly don't want to limit others by asking them to not use names/line ideas that I thought of**