Work in Progress Pokémon Fallen Light

Zuko

Fire Bending Prodigy
"Light" is hard to read with the same gradient as the Pokemon logo and the font is also a bit hard to tell what it says so I'm not a big fan of the font

Atomic Reactor

I don't even like Pokémon games.
I think the spacing between the L and I could be a bit more, other than that it's pretty nice! I'd take what Zuko said into consideration as well. I think, and this is totally my own opinion and not something you have to do, but a yellowish/amber color scheme instead of a light blue would look more fitting? Otherwise it looks nice!

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
T
Here is the map of the region, this will probably not going to be the final version but you can atleast get an idea of how it looks and how big it is
i'll mark more routes and towns when a demo is out hopfully.
That's one big ass region! Curious to see how you manage a country of this size

Xerado

Novice
This looks good. I like it a lot. You've put a massive amount of work into this and it shows.
The only thing I'll say is- PLEASE don't keep the bad default battle animations.
Even one custom animation for each type is good enough. But everything looks lovely.
I don't mean to sound rude, but you'd think people would put more time into the optics of core gameplay.
(It's just my pet peeve.) But I guess I also understand some people are not artists or don't have a knack for
understanding how to animate static animation sheets that are open-ended.

TheLightSword

does anyone read this?
A little update: nothing big, just updated some maps and tilesets ect, and a very slow progression due to school and our small team.

Also I'm looking to recruit new people to help out with the project so if you are interested just PM me.

Edit: we changed the name too, yes "Big change!"

Last edited:

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Why have I noticed this project only now? :o

Either way, that graphical style looks, to make it short, amazing, that's a big plus - I haven't seen something similar in a Pokemon FanGame so far. This plus the fact that it's suppossed to be more of an unconventional story and everything you do (or not do) while progressing has an effect on the game gives off a feeling of a 'real' RPG, basically leaning more into that genre than the Official Games do. These FanGae Project tend to catch me more than others. Good luck and have fun on working on it, looking forward for any updates!

TheLightSword

does anyone read this?
Hello! It's been sometime again, and I have things to show you!

Meet the '''region's starters'''!

And here is someone important!

Meira Silvana, a former regional professor, she used to study and research the origins of Pokémon and their connection to the region's legends and mythology. she was dismissed after getting dubbed crazy for suddenly becoming obsessed with finding "other worldly creatures" and claiming they exist for unknown reasons. Now she has isolated herself in a forest, continuing her research alone.

Edit: also we've just recently So we've created a twitter page( @PokeFallenLight ) for the project. We will try to post there every so often to post there as well, even on the smallest of things.

Last edited: