v18 Trainers using Healing Items by almost full HP

This thread pertains to v18 of Pokémon Essentials.

Splaex

Leading Dev of Pokemon Forbidden Destiny
Hello there again!

So, I was testing a Gym Leader. I was on his first Pokemon and did only a little Damage, not even a Quarter. Suddendly he used a Fullrestore. So I tested and I noticed for some Reason all Trainers used their Healing Items as soon as the Pokemon took only a little bit damage.

Does this have to do with the Battle UI and how could I fix it? Thx in Advance!

Oh and another Thing I want to add: Is it possible for Dialogues not to stop? So you don´t have to press to go further? I mean it like this:

"Hi, My Name is Professor Oak! Welcome to the World -Dialogue stops-
-presses Key-
of Pokemon!"
I want it like this:
"Hi, My Name is Professor Oak! Welcome to the World-Dialogue scrolls down automaticly-
of Pokemon!"

I want to do it like this, because we will add something to our game, nobody has ever done before. It would just be very handy to have this!

Last edited:
Solution
I believe you're confusing the battle UI with the battle AI. The UI consists of the overall layout of the battle, like all the sprites, backgrounds, and buttons that you see on screen, while the AI is the unit that determines what the opposing enemy Pokemon does. As for your question, I don't know of any immediate fix, but I do know that Maruno is working on a much better version of the AI (based on Pokemon Reborn) himself. I don't know when it will be released (probably v19 or v20), but if you don't mind waiting for that version and upgrading your project, then it will probably fix this issue.

For your second question, look at the Messages page of the wiki, specifically the section called "Alter text displaying". You can put the...

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
I believe you're confusing the battle UI with the battle AI. The UI consists of the overall layout of the battle, like all the sprites, backgrounds, and buttons that you see on screen, while the AI is the unit that determines what the opposing enemy Pokemon does. As for your question, I don't know of any immediate fix, but I do know that Maruno is working on a much better version of the AI (based on Pokemon Reborn) himself. I don't know when it will be released (probably v19 or v20), but if you don't mind waiting for that version and upgrading your project, then it will probably fix this issue.

For your second question, look at the Messages page of the wiki, specifically the section called "Alter text displaying". You can put the command "\wtnp[X]" before the text in each Show Text box, where X is the number of seconds divided by 20. So if you want the text to wait 1 second between each line before moving to the next, you would use:
Code:
\wtnp[20]Show some text

Obviously, you can replace the 20 with whatever you feel is best. You will have to put this command for ALL Show Text boxes in your entire game, which might be a lot of work. Instead, you can make it global by going to script section Messages, then finding and adding the lines below:
Ruby:
def pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,message,letterbyletter=true,commandProc=nil) # FIND THIS LINE
  message = "\\wtnp[20]" + message # ADD THIS LINE BELOW

Solution

Splaex

Leading Dev of Pokemon Forbidden Destiny

For your second question, look at the Messages page of the wiki, specifically the section called "Alter text displaying". You can put the command "\wtnp[X]" before the text in each Show Text box, where X is the number of seconds divided by 20. So if you want the text to wait 1 second between each line before moving to the next, you would use:
Code:
\wtnp[20]Show some text

Obviously, you can replace the 20 with whatever you feel is best. You will have to put this command for ALL Show Text boxes in your entire game, which might be a lot of work. Instead, you can make it global by going to script section Messages, then finding and adding the lines below:
Ruby:
def pbMessageDisplay(msgwindow,message,letterbyletter=true,commandProc=nil) # FIND THIS LINE
  message = "\\wtnp[20]" + message # ADD THIS LINE BELOW
Ok, thx! This helps a lot, since we want to put Voice Acting into our Game. So it should be easier for the Voice Actors then.