Completed Pokemon: MewYou!

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
I'm writing this post barefoot because this game charmed the socks off me. The non-random-encounter system was nice because it means you could backtrack (or in my case, wipe out) without too much penalty. The "pink Pokémon heal you" mechanic was well-thought-out. I only wish it was longer, like, a lot longer :x

The jumps in opponent Pokémon levels were a bit weird, though.

FlamingKeldeo81

A Sword of Justice
I love Mew, and I am so happy that you made a game where you can play as the adorable little mythical pokemon Mew :3

I am gonna install this pokemon fangame because I love Mew!

rustybladez

Wannabe Pokétuber
Played your game today. Cutest Pokemon game i've ever played so far :D Really like the new concept and approach towarda a pokemon game.

EVS15

Rookie
I just downloaded the game but when I went to open it a bunch of folders popped up this sounds like a fun game I really want to try it. sorry I'm not very tech savvy

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
Thanks everyone who left a nice comment, I read them all and appreciate but honestly don't know how to respond most of the time. n_n;

I just downloaded the game but when I went to open it a bunch of folders popped up this sounds like a fun game I really want to try it. sorry I'm not very tech savvy
I'm not sure what you mean by a bunch of folders popping up, is this after unzipping? To play the game you wanna click on the Game application, that should be the icon that looks like an orange gear.

I don't really know what the issue is without seeing it, could you send a screenshot of what you're looking at?

Mew

Rookie
Failed to initialize DirectX Audio.
I've played it before but it said version 2.0 so I decided to try redownloading then it dosen't work and still says 2.0 so...

Pew! >.<

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
Failed to initialize DirectX Audio.
I've played it before but it said version 2.0 so I decided to try redownloading then it dosen't work and still says 2.0 so...

Pew! >.<
2.0 is pretty old, what exactly happens when you try to download the latest version?

EVS15

Rookie
sorry like I said before I am not really tech savvy. I don't know how to take a screenshot. but I think it is just a folder I am downloading when I open it a bunch of stuff is in it I don't know what to click and I don't want to ruin the game or my chance of playing.------------------------
I'm not sure what you mean by a bunch of folders popping up, is this after unzipping? To play the game you wanna click on the Game application, that should be the icon that looks like an orange gear.

I don't really know what the issue is without seeing it, could you send a screenshot of what you're looking at?
I figured out how to take the screenshot now how do I send it to you------------------------know------------------------sorry I'm new to threads this is my first thread I've written in------------------------ok how do I make that stop------------------------

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
sorry like I said before I am not really tech savvy. I don't know how to take a screenshot. but I think it is just a folder I am downloading when I open it a bunch of stuff is in it I don't know what to click and I don't want to ruin the game or my chance of playing.
That's alright then, I can take screenshots walking you through it and then you can hopefully see the problem or at least point out where you're doing it differently.

Alright, to get the latest version I'm gonna click the download button in the first post of the thead.

That takes me to a Mediafire page when I'm gonna hit another download button to actually get the game files.

That makes a window pop up asking where I want to put the downloaded files

I put the file on my desktop, so it looks like this:

Now, the little icon/picture representing it might be different for you depending on what your computer's default software is for handling .zip files. Mine is 7-Zip but you might have something like WinZip or Express Zip.

Anyway I right click on it twice to open the zipping program. This will probably look different depending on your program, but you want to find the option that is "Extract". It might be called something like "Unzip" or "Decompress"

Again a new window pops up asking where I'd like to put the files after they're unzipped. I'll just keep them on the desktop again but they don't have to be in the same place as the zipped file.

After choosing where they go it starts unzipping...for me it went pretty quickly.

When it's done I've got a new folder. If everything went smoothly up to this point you can throw away the old Zip file, since you've got the whole game unpacked now.

Okay, now inside the new folder are a bunch of files like this:

and as you can see where my cursor is about to click, that orange gear shape is the file that opens up the game to play it. There are a couple of files called "Game" though, so if the icon doesn't stand out enough just look for the file type that's the Application.

Once you startup the game, the title screen should let you know what version you're on. It says MewYou 2.0 on the top of the window, because that's what the game is named. On the title screen though, if you check the bottom right corner it says v2.6 and that's what you wanna see. If you're playing any other version fo the game the numbers there will be different or not appear at all.

Let me know if I need to be more clear about any part of this process and I'll try to explain in more detail!

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
I looked EVERYWHERE but could not find a nugget...
Now that you mention it...compared to the fossils just laying out in the open, I guess those nuggets were a bit too hidden.

There's actually a few items hidden in the Tunnel Pass! You might know that the largest beam of light shows the spot to go back to the surface, but all the other beams of light actually shine on interesting things as well. Sorry about that! There's not actually anything written out in the game to state that the beams of light are shining on important spots.

Collinsb

Rookie
I love this game!
But... i recently got a macbook pro MJLT2LL/A 2015 and I installed Boot camp windows 10 on it just to play this.
The issue is just with the menus. When scrolling through options, the bag and even selecting moves in battle, there is quite the noticeable delay. Making game play very sluggish and unenjoyable.
On my Windows Acer there doesn't seem to be this problem.
Does anyone know of this issue and is there a fix?
Windows 10 on bootcamp should have no differences to windows and there is no lag anywhere else on the entire OS!

I tried:
Reinstalling the game
Updating my AMD drivers
Updating my display drivers
Making sure scrolling speed was set to max
Checking and unchecking all the game properties
Playing on another display via HDMI
Even this app called RM FPS Control
All to no avail. The menu selections are still laggy. :/
Does anyone know of a fix?
Thanks

Last edited: