Completed Pokemon: MewYou!

Discussion in 'Project Showcase' started by Aki, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Zuzi

Zuzi Rookie member

Is There a Way For WASD to Be A Control Option?

2. LeonDraceus

LeonDraceus Pokemon Master League Game Director member

XD Probably not since W, A, S have their own use and you can't change controls in MewYou tho

3. Aki

Aki Thread Author Partner Mapper hype! aki

WASD was really easy to add, so it's in. Thanks Radical RaptrRadical Raptr!

Changelog:
    • Added WASD keys as directional movement; arrows can still be used and there's no settings to change, so go ahead and use a combination of both if you like. I recommend if you're using WASD to go into options and make sure running is toggled instead of having to hold the 'Z' key.
    • Fixed Celebi leaving an impassable spot after dissappearing
    • Removed Baton Pass, because it caused errors and there's not really an enemy that could make use of the move anyway
    • Gave Buizel a more aggressive moveset
    • The tree of life now has enough power to restore one more Pokemon. Just check out the trunk after getting your partner; make sure you've got the item or lack of items already prepared because there's only 1 chance and no backing out. The item/partner pool is the more expansive one that Celebi uses.
    A note: some of my files are corrupted, so I had to guess at fixing them. There was a sheet with items on it and I wasn't able to figure out what one of them was...so there maybe be an invisible item where something used to be (I didn't move any items in the game, so the event would still be there, just no graphic).

4. Puny

Puny Rookie member

Hej there! First of all, thanks for this awesome game! I really enjoyed playing it and the details in the story are pretty neat.
    Tbh I only signed up to reliccastle to send you a very tiny feedback (see above) and report you a few bugs I encountered. I captured most of the bugs I found, but they are just small visual flaws. I don't know how much work you still wanna put into this game, since it's fully working already. But maybe you wanna do some last polishing, in this case you probably need all help you can get not to miss a spot ;)

Thanks again for this great game!
    Sincerely Puny

Edit:\\

I forgot to mention: WASD control is limited. Whenever there's a menu like in the "market" the W-command causes the cursor to jump to the lowest possible choice, mainly sth like "exit". Even though the cursor is already at the lowest position.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Aki

Aki Thread Author Partner Mapper hype! aki

Wow, thanks for the very thorough bug report PunyPuny! and I'm honored you joined to tell me about this stuff. n_n

As for the question, the answer is nope! There's nothing there.

Hematite likes this.
  6. aristle

aristle Rookie member

Hello! I saw this game and was very interested in playing it, but I'm not sure how to make it play on my computer ^^" I've been searching online for tutorials to no avail, and I was wondering if someone could link me to one? I have a Mac computer if that helps. Thank you!! :)

7. pkmnTrainerAxl

pkmnTrainerAxl Rookie member

hi, I saw this in youtube so wanted to play it. I downloaded the ZIP file already but I dont know where to play it. Can u guys help?? I will play it on android BTW

8. TechSkylander1518

TechSkylander1518 Wiki Dweeb member

MewYou is made with RPGMaker, which doesn't work for mobile devices.

9. Cheese

Cheese Rookie member

https://www.reddit.com/r/legendsofthearena/comments/1yga3w/tutorial_to_play_on_mac/
    This guide for Legends of the Arena works on almost all RPGMaker games for macs.

10. aristle

aristle Rookie member

11. huangjunwei

huangjunwei Rookie member

Saw this on YouTube and is excited to play it only to find out it is not a ROM hack and cannot be played on mobile DX

12. Mew2

Mew2 Pokemon Champion member

Just beat the game honestly was so fun to play, there is a tile glitch in the office were celibi takes you back to the past. Overall great game thanks!

13. Silver the Riolu

Silver the Riolu Rookie member

Whenever I load up the game all of the textboxes are empty and I can't see any dialogue :/ how do i fix this?